PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Which Car Should I Get Next?

dizzydumb
12th September 2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Time for me to start looking around for another car, as the VXR is most likely written off.

Excluding opel/OPC brands, could you guys put these cars in numbering order of preference? Comments on why would certainly help thanks.
These are the cars I have in mind to suit my daily needs, with good looking interior and specs for the money.

- VW Scirocco R
- VW Golf R
- Honda Civic Type R FN2
- Hyundai Veloster Turbo
- Mazda 3 MPS
- WRX STi Hatch
- Mini Cooper JCW

note:
1. Megane and Focus are out because i don't like taxi steering wheels lol.
2. I don't really require exceptional handling as it's a daily driver and I don't plan on taking corners at illegal speeds/manner

Your response to the poll is most appreciated!

SIMid
12th September 2012, 12:40 PM
+1 VW Scirocco R
+1 VW Golf R
-1 Honda Civic Type R FN2
-1 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
~0 Mazda 3 MPS
+1 WRX STi Hatch
+1 Mini Cooper JCW

I think the VWs are best of the bunch. Hyundai, may look good, but really, you are better off with something else.

Brand new I'm guessing?

What about the secondhand market? BMs, Audies, etc?

dizzydumb
12th September 2012, 12:55 PM
Brand new I'm guessing?

What about the secondhand market? BMs, Audies, etc?

Brand new for MPS3 and Veloster Turbo.
Second hand market, I can't get a good value for Audi as most of the engines vs age are the 1.8T or low powered 2.0T (132kW). With age, comes not so pleasant looking interior and high kms.
BMW: I'm only after the 135i, but for the asking price vs age I might as well buy a brand new golf or rocco R.

At the moment, the ultimate bang for my buck from the list would be the veloster turbo.
1. 155kW/265Nm (golf gti - cooper JCW performance - straight line)
2. Interior is very very decent, electric everything - specs that I can only see in the accord euro luxury ($50k).

I speak highly of it because I went to shop for the N/A version for my brother, and boy the interior looks and feels real good.

benzino
12th September 2012, 12:55 PM
yeah, definitely -1 on the honda after owning a turbo

the golf R is my favourite off your short list, the MPS is nice too but it falls short in comparison to the others

hazrd
12th September 2012, 01:06 PM
Golf R
Nothing else

Sorry im biased :lol:

dizzydumb
12th September 2012, 01:10 PM
Golf R
Nothing else

LoL fair enuff mate. But personally my pick of the list would be Scirocco. Reason: it's a golf, as common as a commodore or falcon. My mum or grandma or their friends would probably have one, while there has only been two editions of the rocco since 1970, and it's a TWO door hatch :)

Shadow110
12th September 2012, 01:11 PM
+1 for Rocco in green... My mate works for vw and they have too many of them at the moment so you might be able to get one for a steal

dizzydumb
12th September 2012, 01:22 PM
+1 for Rocco in green... My mate works for vw and they have too many of them at the moment so you might be able to get one for a steal

No Green for me lol. Either blue or black.
They have too many?
Well I actually enquired for a Black,DSG,Satnav from my preferred vw dealer last week and there's only ONE available in Aus (brand new in the eastern states), and that dealer was asking for a 'piss off mate' pricing or they refused to swap.
Time to give ur mate a call?

Bloodnok
12th September 2012, 01:43 PM
No Green for me lol. Either blue or black.
They have too many?
Well I actually enquired for a Black,DSG,Satnav from my preferred vw dealer last week and there's only ONE available in Aus (brand new in the eastern states), and that dealer was asking for a 'piss off mate' pricing or they refused to swap.
Time to give ur mate a call?

Maybe Shadow110 meant that they have too many of them specifically in green?

Shadow110
12th September 2012, 01:44 PM
Maybe Shadow110 meant that they have too many of them specifically in green?

Yes

chrissn89
12th September 2012, 01:50 PM
VW Golf R - Neeko test drove one and loved it very sharp and responsive handling and suspension, stock for stock rated it higher than his 2011 WRX
VW Scirocco R - Great engine but i would take the Golf R as its AWD
Civic - Only if you interested in high reving screaming engines
Veloster Turbo - Very little head room, in your face styling i like it. Alot less power than your used it.
MPS 3 - Great all round package, factory LSD, makes big power factory and very quick in gear.
WRX Sti - Excellent car over kill for a daily drive more suited to a track to take full advantage of it power/handling and AWD.
Mini Cooper JCW - Only ever passengered in a cooper S and it was very fun but i have heard some horror stories about the engines.

If money wasnt an issues my pick would be the Golf R, but best all rounder and can be picked up fairly cheap would be the current gen of Mazda 3 MPS

EDIT: Test drive a 2012 WRX, just with a tune and intake they are a very quick car. Interior isnt what id call flash tho, but then you buy a wrx for the driving experience.

guy 27
12th September 2012, 01:52 PM
golf, mps or wxr would be my pick of that bunch. wouldn't even bother looking at the others.

ChrisMaz
12th September 2012, 02:11 PM
Soft spot for anything MPS. So the 3 is my pick. Although I've never driven a new WRX

Hoss
12th September 2012, 02:14 PM
VW Scirocco R and then Golf R. I prefer the Scirocco to the Golf as it has some presence about it, particularly when lowered. The Golf R, IMO, looks too much like any other Golf.

JohnBu
12th September 2012, 02:56 PM
Pity you can't handle the steering wheel (it's not bad) otherwise the RS250 for sure..

Next preferred is the Scirocco R, then Golf R...

Don't get a DSG.. takes away quite a bit of driving enjoyment.

Don't get the Sat Nav, VW overcharges, you can retrofit an OEM one for around $1,000.

If specs for the money is a consideration, the JCW shouldn't be on that list!!!

Anyway, best thing to do is drive the cars and see what you prefer.

Silver Surfer
12th September 2012, 03:48 PM
+1 (
Golf R
Nothing else)

dizzydumb
12th September 2012, 04:04 PM
Pity you can't handle the steering wheel (it's not bad) otherwise the RS250 for sure..

Next preferred is the Scirocco R, then Golf R...

Don't get a DSG.. takes away quite a bit of driving enjoyment.

Don't get the Sat Nav, VW overcharges, you can retrofit an OEM one for around $1,000.

If specs for the money is a consideration, the JCW shouldn't be on that list!!!

Anyway, best thing to do is drive the cars and see what you prefer.

Drove em all, loved the feel, uniqueness and the attention of the rocco. Golf is too common, despite its AWD advantage. JCW is an absolute hoot! Feels like a gokart, but can't live with the speedo being the the middle...
Didn't drive the Megane, but it being Motor mag car of the year should clarify enough about that car, plus it killed the rocco and focus rs on fifth gear's review.

Oh yeah, $2500 for a sat nav is overkill alright. The worst option on VW's list is the moonroof which can't even open up lol only tilt to allow air in.

dizzydumb
12th September 2012, 04:06 PM
golf, mps or wxr would be my pick of that bunch. wouldn't even bother looking at the others.

If I buy the MPS, 1st thing i'd do is to replace the front bumper. That smiley face would get to me at some stage lol.
WRX will beat MPS on outright pace and handling, but it's worlds apart from the MPS in terms of interior feel & class.

Silver Surfer
12th September 2012, 04:22 PM
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/54993/2013-mini-cooper-jcw-gp-australian-pricing-announced

dizzydumb
12th September 2012, 05:12 PM
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/54993/2013-mini-cooper-jcw-gp-australian-pricing-announced

Thanks mate, but with that kinda money for 5kW/20Nm more, losing two seats all just for tracking, I'd be getting a lotus elise lol.
Nevertheless, these little buggers turn corners like no tomorrow. I remember when my mate took me in his bog standard cooper S, took a 90deg bend at 70-80kph without braking. I thought we were gonna roll to death!

Shortstuff
12th September 2012, 05:15 PM
For me it would go -

Golf R (much prefer the look of the 3 door GTI though)

3 MPS

Scirocco R

Veloster

Mini

Bear in mind the Golf VII is not too far off so you might get some good deals soon.

The Veloster looks awesome.

What about trying an FT86 if you can find one?

dizzydumb
12th September 2012, 05:26 PM
For me it would go -

Golf R (much prefer the look of the 3 door GTI though)

3 MPS

Scirocco R

Veloster

Mini

Bear in mind the Golf VII is not too far off so you might get some good deals soon.

The Veloster looks awesome.

What about trying an FT86 if you can find one?

The veloster turbo is precisely the bang for your buck at this point IMO. $37k drive away, packing 155kW. Looks mint too.
Buying an FT86 is like getting an S2000 or MX5. Looks good, handles super perfect (much hyped about, but I don't need that), but lacking grunt for daily driving (given a short runway).
Plus, the 86 and BRZ interior is... acceptable for trackwork lol. The veloster 1.6 N/A's interior will put it to shame easily. You'll have to sit in a veloster to appreciate it, seriously. You'd go 'is this a hyundai' ???

PS88
12th September 2012, 06:17 PM
GOLF R - 100% for sure.. and get Viezu tune... happy days

poita
12th September 2012, 06:17 PM
The veloster is even uglier in turbo variant

dizzydumb
12th September 2012, 06:36 PM
The veloster is even uglier in turbo variant
lol yeah, just like the MPS3, if I get it, the bumper will have to go ASAP!

When I 1st saw the turbo front grille I was like 'that's a large cockroach!'.

benzino
12th September 2012, 06:41 PM
I think the veloster is like the scirocco... Gorgeous from the front, horrible from the back...

*runs and hides*

adam_92
12th September 2012, 07:30 PM
I personally think the scirocco has a beautiful arse end... I don't mind a big booty bitch... Hahaha

dizzydumb
12th September 2012, 07:39 PM
I personally think the scirocco has a beautiful arse end... I don't mind a big booty bitch... Hahaha

+1 lol don't we all

sooty
12th September 2012, 08:26 PM
Mps3 or wrx. Or lib gt/STi if you're after a class interior and quicker than your old car ;)

lonewolf1983
12th September 2012, 08:32 PM
veloster looks like ass, and wont be a good tuning base.

RS250 would be my choice (even though you dont want one)
golf R if you want great interior and practicality and awd traction, sirocco if you prefer looks, fun factor and to be different from the 1,000,000 golf owners. - get a manual either way.

Focus ST will be coming out at some stage, but could be a ways away still.

mini - I hate the interior, and the hipster douchebag connotations.

wrx is good bang for buck, bit low rent on the interior and 5spd and 2.5L arent known to be reliable if you drive it hard or mod it.

MPS is pretty much near the end of its life cycle, i preferred the original version looks wise too.

hazrd
12th September 2012, 08:46 PM
btw... poll added for ya

dizzydumb
12th September 2012, 08:58 PM
golf R if you want great interior and practicality and awd traction, sirocco if you prefer looks, fun factor and to be different from the 1,000,000 golf owners. - get a manual either way.

LoLoL for sure I wanna be different from the 1,000,000 golf owners, hence why I bought my VXR when i was upgrading from my old astra G.

So, why manual to a DSG? Magazine says: Manual for involvement, DSG for outright pace. Why not pace?

Nurb608
12th September 2012, 09:24 PM
LoLoL for sure I wanna be different from the 1,000,000 golf owners, hence why I bought my VXR when i was upgrading from my old astra G.

So, why manual to a DSG? Magazine says: Manual for involvement, DSG for outright pace. Why not pace?

Pace is nothing without involvement. Might as well drive an evo x.

lonewolf1983
12th September 2012, 09:30 PM
i like being involved with driving a car, pulling a paddle doesnt do it for me.
Also, a lot of DSG cars have issues with stuttering on take-off, and check out the cost to replace one out of warranty (or on a modded car), **** that!
even servicing of them costs a bomb.

hazrd
12th September 2012, 10:12 PM
The known issue with the DSG boxes going kaput is only with the 7spd ones. The 6spd ones are still good. The DSG needs to be serviced every 60,000kms and iirc i think its about $1500 :yikes: because VW are the only ones that can service it........for now

That being said, I would def go a manual. although i dont recall the rocco coming in manual...

Z20LET
12th September 2012, 10:13 PM
I know it's not on your list but how about an Audi S3. There are some well looked after examples for sale (current shape 08 and newer). Someone correct me but I think they have the same engine/ AWD system as the Golf R....?

JohnBu
13th September 2012, 12:14 AM
The known issue with the DSG boxes going kaput is only with the 7spd ones. The 6spd ones are still good. The DSG needs to be serviced every 60,000kms and iirc i think its about $1500 :yikes: because VW are the only ones that can service it........for now

That being said, I would def go a manual. although i dont recall the rocco coming in manual...

I've got the 6 speed DSG, no problems with it except for the cost of the service.

$1,000 for the 60k service which was a major service incl DSG service from a VW dealer... Price wise isn't really that bad.

ATB Transmission or something can also service the DSG but not much cheaper than the dealer.. Over time more and more independents will be able to service the DSGs

However, get a manual, much more fun, only have the DSG as it was my wife's car.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

dizzydumb
13th September 2012, 12:39 AM

Yes they do mate, I drove the manual myself, will go back to the dealer and try the DSG to find out the 'low speed stuttering' issue which everyone talks about (even car magz).
Cheers for adding the poll!

dizzydumb
13th September 2012, 12:42 AM
I know it's not on your list but how about an Audi S3. There are some well looked after examples for sale (current shape 08 and newer). Someone correct me but I think they have the same engine/ AWD system as the Golf R....?

Yep, the exact 188kW 2.0 TSI block as the golf and rocco R. But I'm not sure on whether or not 'quattro' is '4-motion' copy+paste...
Well...I drove my mate's 2011 S3, and I feel that the interior of the golf is much better, the audi's dashboard is a little plain for me. That said, I wouldn't say no to it either. Servicing is gonna be a pain...

hazrd
13th September 2012, 06:54 AM
Quattro=4motion=awd ;)

CNBLU
13th September 2012, 08:40 AM
S3/Golf R which ever is cheaper both are very very good cars. Tune and a fuel pump gets u 200kw at all fours, not a bad little street car me thinks.

Red AH SRI T
13th September 2012, 08:56 AM
Build a bridge and buy a Megane.

You won't look back!

dizzydumb
13th September 2012, 11:15 AM
I knew it! Copy & Paste, call it a different name and brag about it lol

JohnBu
13th September 2012, 12:47 PM
Yep, the exact 188kW 2.0 TSI block as the golf and rocco R. But I'm not sure on whether or not 'quattro' is '4-motion' copy+paste...
Well...I drove my mate's 2011 S3, and I feel that the interior of the golf is much better, the audi's dashboard is a little plain for me. That said, I wouldn't say no to it either. Servicing is gonna be a pain...

I wouldn't say servicing will be a pain, servicing will be expensive for the Audi!! :lol:

Good thing is there doesn't seem to large expensive common problems with the TSI engine with timing belt (MkV GTI, 8P S3, Golf R, Scirocco).. seems to be quite reliable and a ECU will unlock 30-40kw easily.

Build a bridge and buy a Megane.

You won't look back!

I'm with you.

Well, buy in his case, buy a new steering wheel.

Wraith
13th September 2012, 12:58 PM
Hi Guys,

Time for me to start looking around for another car, as the VXR is most likely written off.

Excluding opel/OPC brands, could you guys put these cars in numbering order of preference? Comments on why would certainly help thanks.
These are the cars I have in mind to suit my daily needs, with good looking interior and specs for the money.

- VW Scirocco R
- VW Golf R
- Honda Civic Type R FN2
- Hyundai Veloster Turbo
- Mazda 3 MPS
- WRX STi Hatch
- Mini Cooper JCW

note:
1. Megane and Focus are out because i don't like taxi steering wheels lol.
2. I don't really require exceptional handling as it's a daily driver and I don't plan on taking corners at illegal speeds/manner

Your response to the poll is most appreciated!

My 2 cents on this one - First things first = budget !

I see from your list a couple of those vehicles are up to the 60k mark.

My personal preference o/a would be neither of those, but from those listed if the budget allowed for any of them, I'd take the Golf R...

My preference would be to wait for the new A Class Mercedes Benz which will be available here from end of first quarter next year and buy an A250 variant !

It's a petrol 2.0ltr turbo RWD which you can look up for all the specs, info and reviews...

There'll also be a 'cooking model' AWD variant coming, AFAIK it'll use a CDI oiler powerplant...

The price point or range of the A250 variant will be 45-65k driveaway depending on spec and options list.

Just from what I've seen and read on the new A250 and considering it's price I seriously wouldn't bother with anything else on that list and get the Merc :)

2002_XC
13th September 2012, 01:11 PM
I don't think he can wait that long

dizzydumb
13th September 2012, 01:18 PM
I don't think he can wait that long

Yup, I can't even afford to wait for the OPC to come out too. Unfortunately for where I'm working at, transport is crucial, and I'm soooo tired of the rental Lancer ES I'm driving now (provided by insurance).

dizzydumb
13th September 2012, 01:21 PM
My 2 cents on this one - First things first = budget !

I see from your list a couple of those vehicles are up to the 60k mark.

My personal preference o/a would be neither of those, but from those listed if the budget allowed for any of them, I'd take the Golf R...

My preference would be to wait for the new A Class Mercedes Benz which will be available here from end of first quarter next year and buy an A250 variant !

It's a petrol 2.0ltr turbo RWD which you can look up for all the specs, info and reviews...

There'll also be a 'cooking model' AWD variant coming, AFAIK it'll use a CDI oiler powerplant...

The price point or range of the A250 variant will be 45-65k driveaway depending on spec and options list.

Just from what I've seen and read on the new A250 and considering it's price I seriously wouldn't bother with anything else on that list and get the Merc :)

Yeah I read about that too, apparently there are plans for the 300kW AMG version as well. That's a nutter of a car I must say. But with that kind of asking price, I might as well secure myself a 2nd hand C63 AMG as a daily cruiser. Cheers for the suggestion.

dizzydumb
13th September 2012, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't say servicing will be a pain, servicing will be expensive for the Audi!! :lol:

Good thing is there doesn't seem to large expensive common problems with the TSI engine with timing belt (MkV GTI, 8P S3, Golf R, Scirocco).. seems to be quite reliable and a ECU will unlock 30-40kw easily.

Is the Viezu or APR tune similar to the handheld unit like EDS IPF? It'll be horrible to spend over $1k to tune it, and when I put it in for service it gets reset by unsuspecting vw workshop.

hazrd
13th September 2012, 01:27 PM
Viezu has an option where u can have a hand held unit with select tunes. This is the same for GIAC and DNA (mine has a DNA tune).

APR you have to give them lots of money to tune it, then take your car in and give them more money to change it. They have great tunes, but you really pay for it lol

And yes, a simple tune unleashes the beast. I went from 110kw to 150kw just from the tune (flywheel)

dizzydumb
13th September 2012, 01:38 PM
Viezu has an option where u can have a hand held unit with select tunes. This is the same for GIAC and DNA (mine has a DNA tune).

APR you have to give them lots of money to tune it, then take your car in and give them more money to change it. They have great tunes, but you really pay for it lol

And yes, a simple tune unleashes the beast. I went from 110kw to 150kw just from the tune (flywheel)

That sounds better and lesser trouble compared to APR. It's practically like the IPF then, do it in ur garage. Very convenient, and can be undone before sending in for service.
Is ur polo the twincharged one? If so, that's hell a lot of boost mate!

CNBLU
13th September 2012, 01:41 PM

I'm with you.

Well, buy in his case, buy a new steering wheel.
My last minor service cost $260 from a vw/audi specialist and it wont void your warranty aswell. Not that expensive if you take it to the right people.

dizzydumb
13th September 2012, 01:47 PM
My last minor service cost $260 from a vw/audi specialist and it wont void your warranty aswell. Not that expensive if you take it to the right people.

Whether or not the specialists are recognized/authorized by VW dealers for logbook servicing a brand new car is another thing....

JohnBu
13th September 2012, 01:54 PM
They legally can't void the warranty, even if Autotune serviced it (as long as they used the specified grade parts)

Who do you take yours to Gavin?

Audvolks wouldn't service my DSG, that's why I went to the dealer.

CNBLU
13th September 2012, 01:55 PM
Yes best to check to make sure they use genuine parts aswell.

Shay
13th September 2012, 02:12 PM
STi or Golf R or wait 6 months for an OPC

And in terms of bang for buck, isnt the New astra miles above and beyond the veloster?

JohnBu
13th September 2012, 02:20 PM
STi or Golf R or wait 6 months for an OPC

And in terms of bang for buck, isnt the New astra miles above and beyond the veloster?

Actually, the Veloster would have better bang for buck than Astra GTC in terms of power and features.

Shay
13th September 2012, 02:26 PM
Actually, the Veloster would have better bang for buck than Astra GTC in terms of power and features.

Its 7k less expensive, and has better ride and feel. Yes a little less power, but hey its a Turbo opel motor, so itll take 2 secs to get another 20kw...
And not to sure about having less features....

CNBLU
13th September 2012, 02:35 PM
They legally can't void the warranty, even if Autotune serviced it (as long as they used the specified grade parts)

Who do you take yours to Gavin?

Audvolks wouldn't service my DSG, that's why I went to the dealer.
lol i take it to audvolks too. I wonder how much audi charge just for a dsg service. $1k is a fair wack cause its not even a major service for me.

dizzydumb
13th September 2012, 04:36 PM

+1
The veloster turbo pumps 155kW/265Nm and has interior specs at the level only the full specced insignia or accord euro luxury can compete with. That's why it's BFYB.
Electric Everything, Leather seats, moon-roof, reverse camera + GPS + bluetooth + button start (vw charges $2.5k for GPS only, no cameras).

Wraith
13th September 2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah I read about that too, apparently there are plans for the 300kW AMG version as well. That's a nutter of a car I must say. But with that kind of asking price, I might as well secure myself a 2nd hand C63 AMG as a daily cruiser. Cheers for the suggestion.

I didn't suggest the AMG variant, (that's what I'll be getting) only the A250 because it matches right up to many of those on your list...:)

Pity you can't wait, because that vehicle suggested will be one of the best all round hatches if not the best you can buy when it arrives even taking into account it's price...

Only my thoughts, but surely you could stick to what your driving now for another 6 months - time flies...

Another thing that just came to mind now to is the new A Class (especially the A250 variant) is already become popular and demand is super high, my MB rep tells me that next years allocation to Aust. will already be sold out because of orders already taken even from now...

I suppose it's back to your list is time will not allow...

2002_XC
13th September 2012, 06:05 PM
His car was in a nasty accident.and is probably about to be written off, so he will need something available in the next few weeks (correct me if im wrong)

kabel
13th September 2012, 07:01 PM
Golf R is a nice ride and a quality finish.
Really like the Scirocco but think I would go the AWD of the Golf over the Electronic Diff in the Scirocco !

Good luck.
Failing that by a bunky and wait for the OPC range to become available next year.

gman
13th September 2012, 07:03 PM
From your list the Golf R. First wet day you'll be glad of the AWD.

IMHO though, I would either go for the RS265 Megane or hold out for the new Opel Astra OPC.

dizzydumb
13th September 2012, 08:19 PM
The thing is, there's no certainty on when the OPC is gonna come... seen the vids and specs, it'll wipe out the scirocco R or megane anytime. Interior is posh with the bucket seats and dashboard. Front and rear end wise, rocco R is nicer to me, side view around the same.

hazrd
13th September 2012, 08:19 PM
That sounds better and lesser trouble compared to APR. It's practically like the IPF then, do it in ur garage. Very convenient, and can be undone before sending in for service.
Is ur polo the twincharged one? If so, that's hell a lot of boost mate!

Pretty much. Plus if u want a tune thats slightly customized you can have that loaded on to the unit aswell.

Hahaha Nah just the 1.8T with a few mods.

lonewolf1983
13th September 2012, 10:30 PM
The thing is, there's no certainty on when the OPC is gonna come... seen the vids and specs, it'll wipe out the scirocco R or megane anytime. Interior is posh with the bucket seats and dashboard. Front and rear end wise, rocco R is nicer to me, side view around the same.

Dare say the sirocco will have a better interior and better resale, and the megane is faster and better handling.
I'll be interested to see what price the OPC comes in at too, will make a huge difference as to how well recieved it is.
Considering other opel stuff isnt particularly cheap in its sector, i hope they reverse this!

gmonkey
14th September 2012, 01:27 AM
Here's how i'd put them in order

WRX STi Hatch (takes a lot for me to suggest a boxer engine, but probs be the quickest of the bunch)
3 MPS (ugly dated shape, but still a mean car)
Veloster Turbo (cheap bit of kit, but for how long?)
Scirroco R (Good looking front, ugly/boring rear)
Golf R (not as quick as you'd think it is, bit $$$$ for what essentially is a golf in the end)
Civic Type-R (wayyyyyy to dated, no turbo, and crap handling for a honda)
Cooper JCW (oh so terrible, problems problems and more problems, good seats but)

but... if i had that kind of money and second hand market was an option id be considering a 135i or as said on facebook buy a cheapy for now and deposit on an OPC astra/insignia as its only really 4-5 months before they are here

Ice
14th September 2012, 07:20 AM
LoL fair enuff mate. But personally my pick of the list would be Scirocco. Reason: it's a golf, as common as a commodore or falcon. My mum or grandma or their friends would probably have one, while there has only been two editions of the rocco since 1970, and it's a TWO door hatch :)

yes but it's a daily driver and 4 doors are practical and while it's very common its the best built car of the lot and it's a great looking interior whether or not everyone has one and as you'll be in it everyday....that's another tick in the box :)

Ice
14th September 2012, 07:23 AM
the A250
surely you could stick to what your driving now for another 6 months - time flies...

Another thing that just came to mind now to is the new A Class

it's over a year away I've heard from word around the office so unless you can wait Ide cross it off your list.

rjastra
14th September 2012, 11:53 AM
Left field.... Volvo C30 T5 - 5 cylinder turbo from XR5/ST

Not sure how this, RS265, is a taxi steering wheel
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Renault-Megane-RS-26523-625x416.jpg

Wraith
14th September 2012, 12:54 PM
it's over a year away I've heard from word around the office so unless you can wait Ide cross it off your list.

Yep pity about that, it's because of its early popularity (ie. the A250 variant) that it's still a far wait for us in Aust...

AFAIK the lower end A Class cooking models will arrive here by March next year.

The AMG variant won't arrive until sometime in 2014 - can't wait to sample this baby, the top whack spec will be quicker and better handling than a C63 beautiful weekender to add along side the everyday C250 :D

I still think dizzydumb should wait a little longer, grab a cheapo for now and choose after some of the newer choices arrive :)

Wraith
14th September 2012, 12:57 PM

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Renault-Megane-RS-26523-625x416.jpg

The choice of this vehicle also polarises opinions of its exterior, not just the interior...

For my own, not my cup of tea either way :(

dizzydumb
14th September 2012, 01:19 PM

The big fat horn.... like the focus and falcons lol. I'd pick my VXR's steering any day.

dizzydumb
14th September 2012, 01:25 PM
Dare say the sirocco will have a better interior and better resale, and the megane is faster and better handling.
I'll be interested to see what price the OPC comes in at too, will make a huge difference as to how well recieved it is.
Considering other opel stuff isnt particularly cheap in its sector, i hope they reverse this!

Absolutely. Considering the poor impression people have on opel/vauxhall, they'd better be bringing the OPC with good pricing.
I mean, if it's gonna cost $55k, we all know most people would rather take the safer (and apparently highly regarded) option of getting the golf R anyway.
Top gear and fifth gear better be doing good reviews on this, it'll make a huge difference in its market impact. The current VXR was rapped oh-so-badly by mr.clarkson for poor handling and understeering.

dizzydumb
14th September 2012, 01:37 PM
Here's how i'd put them in order

WRX STi Hatch (takes a lot for me to suggest a boxer engine, but probs be the quickest of the bunch)
3 MPS (ugly dated shape, but still a mean car)
Veloster Turbo (cheap bit of kit, but for how long?)
Scirroco R (Good looking front, ugly/boring rear)
Golf R (not as quick as you'd think it is, bit $$$$ for what essentially is a golf in the end)
Civic Type-R (wayyyyyy to dated, no turbo, and crap handling for a honda)
Cooper JCW (oh so terrible, problems problems and more problems, good seats but)

but... if i had that kind of money and second hand market was an option id be considering a 135i or as said on facebook buy a cheapy for now and deposit on an OPC astra/insignia as its only really 4-5 months before they are here

Haha thanks for the suggestion mate. As much as I love the 135i, I won't be getting any 6 cylinder cars due to fuelly costs. In fact, if it has to be a BMW, I kinda like the E46 M3's shape. The reason why I plan on getting another brand (other than opel) is to find out more about the competitor hatchbacks, to see what the fuss is all about and what the opel-haters have been bragging on about. Like the Golf R for example, surely it has some merits in it to be bragged about.

lonewolf1983
14th September 2012, 01:51 PM
Absolutely. Considering the poor impression people have on opel/vauxhall, they'd better be bringing the OPC with good pricing.
I mean, if it's gonna cost $55k, we all know most people would rather take the safer (and apparently highly regarded) option of getting the golf R anyway.
Top gear and fifth gear better be doing good reviews on this, it'll make a huge difference in its market impact. The current VXR was rapped oh-so-badly by mr.clarkson for poor handling and understeering.

I'm sure it will get pretty good reviews, but i'm also sure the UK will get it priced pretty well compared to here (where Opel is marketed as a premium brand here, over there not so much).
Time will tell :)

I owned a VW of similar vintage to the astra, and the build quality and interior was so far superior it wasnt funny.
Astra is faster though :D

kabel
14th September 2012, 03:44 PM
First quarter of next year.
Have had an e-mail from Barbagello Opel confirming this.

Shaun
14th September 2012, 04:53 PM
+ Mini there is anoth JC Works special coming to OZ. 30 or so units around $57k mark.

Shaun
14th September 2012, 04:53 PM
First quarter of next year.
Have had an e-mail from Barbagello Opel confirming this.

Ive been told the same by a Sydney Dealership too. Feb 2013 the OPC range will be launched.

dizzydumb
14th September 2012, 05:37 PM
+ Mini there is anoth JC Works special coming to OZ. 30 or so units around $57k mark.

Yup that's the track spec (like an M3 CSL) with 4 spoke wheels, extra 20kW, stripped interior (maybe no backseat!)

rjastra
14th September 2012, 06:42 PM
BMW 125I hatch with the new 2L 165kw engine?

Ice
19th September 2012, 05:34 AM
or this ;)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/19/y6ypa2ur.jpg

dsuhiti91
19th September 2012, 06:57 AM
Just bought a manual Golf GTI and now I understand what the fuss is about. It just does everything well, it's interior is flawless, the ride is smoother than my SRI-T yet it corners flat with no understeer, you just keep turning and accelerating. With a quick tune and a downpipe, ill see 350nm which puts it above Scirocco and Golf R (which is also heavier due to AWD) but they are pretty much the same as the GTI - excellent.

I've driven the Mini, it is certainly fun because it is so small, but I couldn't live with the attention and lack of space day to day.

WRX is awesome, easy to mod and makes awesome power stock to AWD. I've always wanted one, but they have lost some of the magic from previous models. I wouldn't be able to live with crap interior too.

Veloster isn't there yet. They look different, but I see it as a downgrade from the VXR. My pick would be the VW, but they are really common compared to a VXR or SRI-T.

dsuhiti91
19th September 2012, 07:06 AM
Oh and the Civic and MPS3 are really outdated, especially the Civic. I love the Megane's, a VW or Renault would be my choice.

CNBLU
19th September 2012, 07:46 AM
Congrats mate, great cars they arebut i hate to say the scirocco r and golf r's are in a different league. But still quick none the less with a tune.

dizzydumb
19th September 2012, 10:49 AM
Congrats mate, great cars they arebut i hate to say the scirocco r and golf r's are in a different league. But still quick none the less with a tune.

Can I ask how are they in a different league? Pricey?

dizzydumb
19th September 2012, 10:53 AM
Just bought a manual Golf GTI and now I understand what the fuss is about. It just does everything well, it's interior is flawless, the ride is smoother than my SRI-T yet it corners flat with no understeer, you just keep turning and accelerating. With a quick tune and a downpipe, ill see 350nm which puts it above Scirocco and Golf R (which is also heavier due to AWD) but they are pretty much the same as the GTI - excellent.

I've driven the Mini, it is certainly fun because it is so small, but I couldn't live with the attention and lack of space day to day.

WRX is awesome, easy to mod and makes awesome power stock to AWD. I've always wanted one, but they have lost some of the magic from previous models. I wouldn't be able to live with crap interior too.

Veloster isn't there yet. They look different, but I see it as a downgrade from the VXR. My pick would be the VW, but they are really common compared to a VXR or SRI-T.

Mate... as highly regarded the GTi's are, I will not get one simply because everybody has one. Just like how I won't buy a commodore or a falcon lol.
I want something unique, which was why I got my VXR in the first place. Megane, Scirocco, or Type R (outdated or not), are unique cars whose shapes are timeless and not quite common. I viewed the WRX that day: outside ok, will look good with a few mods, but the inside is.... er..... sub-standard for a $50k car (STi).

Wraith
19th September 2012, 01:07 PM
or this ;)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/19/y6ypa2ur.jpg

Yep totally agree ICE, as I stated in my posts this is what I'd get instead of all the others short listed on this thread for a hatch in the same price range as all those other vehicles !

I suppose it's because the 2 of us are now associated with MB vehicles it makes it hard to look at most other brands in the same light as has been pointed out by dsuhiti91 with his purchase of a Golf being an obvious step up from the previous vehicle and hard to then go back...

The MB pictured above has been said to even topple the Golf series, only time will tell we're still awaiting it's arrival here and the almost certain direct comparos with all the other hatches out there, so far it's proving a hit in Europe, at a similar model to model price range as say the VW Golf it's a no brainer as to which I'd fork out the money for...:D

dizzydumb
19th September 2012, 01:19 PM
I'm still looking at this moment, but I can say that I'm 70% leaning towards a decent temporary car until either:
1. Scirocco and Golf R pricing drops
2. OPC comes out & within budget
3. I get to sit in the MB and see how it feels.

*At the moment, from pictures only, the rear end of the merc looks like the corolla hatch lol.

*Decent temporary car: Civic Type R. The interior feels like a $50k car (quality aside)

kabel
19th September 2012, 01:57 PM

Or get an Audi A3,generally they are cheaper than a Golf GTi of the same year.
I have a tune,TBE,lowered,Bilsteins and ARB`s etc on mine.It drives/handles great but I still prefer my VXR !

dizzydumb
19th September 2012, 03:11 PM
Or get an Audi A3,generally they are cheaper than a Golf GTi of the same year.
I have a tune,TBE,lowered,Bilsteins and ARB`s etc on mine.It drives/handles great but I still prefer my VXR !

U're making me thinking of getting one of these:
http://www.carsales.com.au/car/brand%20new/dealer/demo/private/HSV/VXR?eapi=2&sort=default&vertical=Car&silo=Stock&base=1216&Range=Price:Min,Max~0.5

kabel
19th September 2012, 06:59 PM
Seriously think about it mate.
I am still so happy with mine after all these years.

adam_92
19th September 2012, 07:43 PM
Yep totally agree ICE, as I stated in my posts this is what I'd get instead of all the others short listed on this thread for a hatch in the same price range as all those other vehicles !

I suppose it's because the 2 of us are now associated with MB vehicles it makes it hard to look at most other brands in the same light as has been pointed out by dsuhiti91 with his purchase of a Golf being an obvious step up from the previous vehicle and hard to then go back...

The MB pictured above has been said to even topple the Golf series, only time will tell we're still awaiting it's arrival here and the almost certain direct comparos with all the other hatches out there, so far it's proving a hit in Europe, at a similar model to model price range as say the VW Golf it's a no brainer as to which I'd fork out the money for...:D

All wank wank, fap fap imo. Despite what you think mate, MB aren't the bee all and end all of the car world. Sure there's some beautiful mercs out there but if the OP is looking at sporty golfs, scirocco's, OPC's etc then a more luxury MB probably isn't what he is looking for really.

Just my 2c.

xplosv57
19th September 2012, 11:32 PM
My suggestion... BMW 130i

130i + tune = 135i performance without the extra 20k price on top and the direct injection fuelling issues.

Brilliant handling car and all come factory leather, sunroof, M sport kit and suspension.

Good examples 07'-08' can be had for around 30k with low kms, and it's RWD!!

Or if you loved your VXR, just get another one!!

faneca
19th September 2012, 11:50 PM

+1
It seems your looking to replace your VXR with a car that has the same characteristics as it. The VXR is a great piece of kit for the price...
So if your looking at buying a car for the same things you bought the VXR that's what I would suggest.

lonewolf1983
20th September 2012, 01:23 AM
My suggestion... BMW 130i

130i + tune = 135i performance without the extra 20k price on top and the direct injection fuelling issues.

Brilliant handling car and all come factory leather, sunroof, M sport kit and suspension.

Good examples 07'-08' can be had for around 30k with low kms, and it's RWD!!

130i + tune will not be anywhere near a 135i performance wise.
quite nice cars though (if you can get over the looks)

xplosv57
20th September 2012, 02:52 AM
130i + tune will not be anywhere near a 135i performance wise.
quite nice cars though (if you can get over the looks)

130i with a tune puts it at around 215-220kW (stock 195kW), factory 135i is 225kW.

I've driven half a dozen tuned 130i's and hundreds of standard 135i's and could not pick a performance difference. Even if the 135i is quicker (and it would a be a very marginal difference, more dependant of driver skill than car performance), a used 130i is between 15-20k cheaper than a similar 135i.

Not saying that the 130i is better cause the 135i's tuning potential is huge, but when purchase price for the OP is a factor, the 130i is a great compromise, and much less reliability issues being N/A!!

lonewolf1983
20th September 2012, 03:05 AM
it makes 100nm more torque (and torque isnt something that increases much from a tune on an n/a motor), and makes it over a wider power band.
stock vs stock the 135i is 1 second faster to 100km/hr, that's a huge gulf, and i cant see a tune making that much of a difference.

that said you've driven them all, I havent, just find it hard to believe :)

dizzydumb
20th September 2012, 10:51 AM
it makes 100nm more torque (and torque isnt something that increases much from a tune on an n/a motor), and makes it over a wider power band.
stock vs stock the 135i is 1 second faster to 100km/hr, that's a huge gulf, and i cant see a tune making that much of a difference.

that said you've driven them all, I havent, just find it hard to believe :)

130i is the 4 door hatchback/wagon looking one right?

metry
20th September 2012, 11:40 AM
this is the one
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/bmw-130i-2005-13282768?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=15&page=2&eapi=2&__N=1246+1247+1252+1282+4294967079+4294954619+1216&num=15&silo=Stock&sort=~Odometer

lonewolf1983
20th September 2012, 12:43 PM
130i is the 4 door hatchback/wagon looking one right?

yep

dizzydumb
20th September 2012, 12:54 PM
this is the one
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/bmw-130i-2005-13282768?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=15&page=2&eapi=2&__N=1246+1247+1252+1282+4294967079+4294954619+1216&num=15&silo=Stock&sort=~Odometer

yeah that's the one mate. Sorry, not really into these 'wagon-looking-hatches' lol. Same goes to MPS and WRX hatch too if I can avoid it.
I don't mind compromising performance and just got for the FN2, at least it feels and looks good in and out for the $$.
Sat in the 135i that day, and I must say for the money they're charging the interior looks is rather bland, kinda like the Porsche.
Yes it's a 'beautiful driving machine' indeed, but I think I'm gonna stick to a car which is beautiful even when I sit it in it and it doesn't move.

hence.... I put a deposit for a BLACK SCIROCCO R yesterday!!!! hahaha Trust the POLLS

Hoss
20th September 2012, 01:02 PM
Congratulations on your choice. Did you go with manual or DSG?

Wraith
20th September 2012, 01:06 PM
I put a deposit for a BLACK SCIROCCO R yesterday!!!! hahaha Trust the POLLS

All sorted - Congratulations :)

adam_92
20th September 2012, 01:06 PM
Nice work mate! I love the sciroccos, as previously said, I even like the rear end which not many people do.

faneca
20th September 2012, 01:10 PM
Congrats on the purchase mate! Do put pics up soon...
I don't mind the rear end.. sorta reminds me of a tubby BMW lol don't ask me how cos I don't know.

hazrd
20th September 2012, 01:11 PM
Golf R would have been better

:p

But the Rocco is still pretty damn close!!!! Congrats on the purchase mate :D

benzino
20th September 2012, 01:11 PM
have fun with twice a week car washing! :)

dizzydumb
20th September 2012, 01:16 PM
Congratulations on your choice. Did you go with manual or DSG?

I went for the 'Definitely Special Gearbox' version mate. Driven manual all my life, go auto for a change lol.

dizzydumb
20th September 2012, 01:18 PM
have fun with twice a week car washing! :)

LoL don't worry mate. This is my 3rd black car in the running. My G and VXR were black too, and I wash them every week, rain or sun. They are a pain to maintain, but when I do so, the results are just amazing.

Wraith
20th September 2012, 01:19 PM
All wank wank, fap fap imo. Despite what you think mate, MB aren't the bee all and end all of the car world. Sure there's some beautiful mercs out there but if the OP is looking at sporty golfs, scirocco's, OPC's etc then a more luxury MB probably isn't what he is looking for really.

Just my 2c.

Personal opinions are fair enough, however if the MB A250 was available here and now, I'm sure the OP would have included that one in the list :)

It is afterall as mentioned in the same category and price point as some of the others, ie. there's nothing really luxury about the new A Class A250, it is a sporty hatch in the 45-60k range just like some of the others...

dizzydumb
20th September 2012, 01:20 PM
Nice work mate! I love the sciroccos, as previously said, I even like the rear end which not many people do.

Yep the rear end would be a love/hate thing. Kinda like the BMW 135i compared to the M3. Either you get it or you don't.

benzino
20th September 2012, 01:25 PM
LoL don't worry mate. This is my 3rd black car in the running. My G and VXR were black too, and I wash them every week, rain or sun. They are a pain to maintain, but when I do so, the results are just amazing.

I once read that black cars are like Mediterranean women; they look fantastic when young, nothing beats them for beauty... but they do not age well... hahahahaha :lol:

hazrd
20th September 2012, 01:28 PM
Its all in the polish... Just ask guy 27

2 years and Jens H still shines

Just get some decent paint Protection applied to the Rocco and it will be a once a week wash at the most ;)

dizzydumb
20th September 2012, 01:29 PM
I once read that black cars are like Mediterranean women; they look fantastic when young, nothing beats them for beauty... but they do not age well... hahahahaha :lol:

LoL touche. That's why I keep on applying Meguiars Botox to have them looking young as can be hahahaha

dizzydumb
20th September 2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys.

So basically I broke down the list to only two cars: FN2 or Rocco R.
Reason: Interior and exterior looks and overall feel.

I love the interior of the FN2, and I still think it looks better than the scirocco's, and feels as expensive too.
But when I drove the Rocco last night, that was the final verdict. It's FN2 nice, but simply from another world.

It sits real low, makes you feel like you're in a true sports car, handles and rides well too.
The highlight would be the seamless low to mid-range power delivery (not the DSG). I still think my VXR is more brutal once you overcome the low end slight lag (and then it suddenly hauls-arse to kingdom come), but the rocco delivers it almost as smooth as if it was supercharged or running a v6 block in it (although out of puff on top end as opposed to the VXR which will pull till you blow your gearbox).

Therefore all in all, if find the rocco to be a worthy replacement of my VXR in a sense that it's acceptable for daily driving. Soft, classy, predictable and sporty combined. The VXR will still be the beautiful opposite: Hard, brutal, unpredictable fun.
Oh and it's a pity that the rocco doesn't have leather recaros like the VXR.

dsuhiti91
20th September 2012, 01:43 PM
Congrats mate, I'm jealous of the Scirocco body over the Golf, I love the front and the rear.

How long until delivery? Start searching some mods haha. 2 OpelAus members jumping to VW camp in 1 week :O

dizzydumb
20th September 2012, 01:49 PM
Congrats mate, I'm jealous of the Scirocco body over the Golf, I love the front and the rear.

How long until delivery? Start searching some mods haha. 2 OpelAus members jumping to VW camp in 1 week :O

2 weeks mate, won't be too long. It's a demo btw, not brand new, and pretty much the only black one available in WA. Before I put it mods I'm gonna find out what will void the warranty and what will not.

Plans are to achieve:
1. Full intake system
2. Pre-Cat removal (if any)
3. Reflash
4. Springs to lower it (although low enough already)

dsuhiti91
20th September 2012, 01:57 PM
They only void the warranty if the mod had any effect on the broken part. Eg- an aftermarket intake would not be responsible for a power window switch failure.

Reflash is my number 1 priority along with a new downpipe. Easy 400nm+ torque monster.

Wraith
20th September 2012, 05:44 PM
Thanks guys.

So basically I broke down the list to only two cars: FN2 or Rocco R.
Reason: Interior and exterior looks and overall feel.

I love the interior of the FN2, and I still think it looks better than the scirocco's, and feels as expensive too.
But when I drove the Rocco last night, that was the final verdict. It's FN2 nice, but simply from another world.

It sits real low, makes you feel like you're in a true sports car, handles and rides well too.
The highlight would be the seamless low to mid-range power delivery (not the DSG). I still think my VXR is more brutal once you overcome the low end slight lag (and then it suddenly hauls-arse to kingdom come), but the rocco delivers it almost as smooth as if it was supercharged or running a v6 block in it (although out of puff on top end as opposed to the VXR which will pull till you blow your gearbox).

Therefore all in all, if find the rocco to be a worthy replacement of my VXR in a sense that it's acceptable for daily driving. Soft, classy, predictable and sporty combined. The VXR will still be the beautiful opposite: Hard, brutal, unpredictable fun.
Oh and it's a pity that the rocco doesn't have leather recaros like the VXR.

Good one ! that's exactly what it's all about, ie you've sampled and picked what you want for all the reasons that are important for you...

Congrats again :)

lonewolf1983
20th September 2012, 07:29 PM
congrats, i'd take the sirocco over the golf R too :)

Just make sure you sell it before the warranty is up, dont want to be replacing a DSG transmission out of your own pocket!

dizzydumb
20th September 2012, 09:04 PM
congrats, i'd take the sirocco over the golf R too :)

Just make sure you sell it before the warranty is up, dont want to be replacing a DSG transmission out of your own pocket!

Oh my, will look into buying extended warranty then haha

hazrd
20th September 2012, 10:28 PM
2. Pre-Cat removal (if any)

There is, and its resrictive as hell. Get rid of it quick smart and OH MY GOD you will notice the gain :D

metry
20th September 2012, 10:40 PM
congratulations mate. throw some pics up when you get it

poita
20th September 2012, 10:48 PM
Nice work on the car mate :)

Throw up some pics when you get it

CNBLU
20th September 2012, 11:00 PM
There is, and its resrictive as hell. Get rid of it quick smart and OH MY GOD you will notice the gain :D

+1

they choke up the turbo from the start.

got this done on monday and will see what gains i have picked up tomorrow. it was a golf r downpipe too which fits the A3 so happy days :)

btw i was hoping you went for either the golf r or scirocco r :D the turbo on these things are insane and the interior is top notch too!! congrats!!

ChrisMaz
20th September 2012, 11:42 PM
Nicely done mate. Will keep you up to date with any track days ETC.

Don't be a stranger!

Vectracious
21st September 2012, 12:13 AM
congrats on the purchase! - they are a great looking car.

As for mods and warranty - well its VW, so if you look at the car wrong or breathe on it wrong, VW will void your warranty - so I'd be careful doing anything on it during warranty period.

dizzydumb
21st September 2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks guys. Will def post pics when I've picked it up and cleaned it. Err... now can someone guide me to where I can get a downpipe for a rocco R... CNBLU?

CNBLU
21st September 2012, 01:29 AM
Contact tim @ dubaddiction. He just got in SPM gear which is flawless.

JohnBu
21st September 2012, 06:22 AM
congrats on the purchase! - they are a great looking car.

As for mods and warranty - well its VW, so if you look at the car wrong or breathe on it wrong, VW will void your warranty - so I'd be careful doing anything on it during warranty period.

I heard they have tried to void the warranty even without mods! lol

I had a few issues with my GTI out of warranty, but VW paid for the labour and gave me a discount on the parts so worked out ok.

No issues with the DSG so far, touch wood.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Vectracious
21st September 2012, 09:10 AM
Yep. What happened to me and the whole experience has really put me off owning a VAG again.

kabel
21st September 2012, 10:04 AM
Australian Tuning and Performance Group in Osbourne Park or Euro Elite in Wangarra or Quattro Motors in Burswood if you want to go with APR stuff.
On a side not Formula Tech are Viezu tuners now and also try Mark`s Workshop in York for GIAC,he also supplies Milltek.

They all sell what you are after if you want to buy locally.

BradstaMS
22nd September 2012, 12:31 PM
Mazda 3 MPS or Scirocco R.
I'm abit biased towards the Mazda since I work at a Mazda dealership service department, but they're great cars. The latest model refresh of the MPS brings black wing mirrors, black wheels and a black rear diffuser.

dub_sri
23rd September 2012, 03:06 PM
MPS or the Subie. I'm looking at a subie when I sell the SRi.

poita
23rd September 2012, 03:12 PM
OP has bought a car, thread closed