PDA

View Full Version : New Wheels, need opinions..

RK
11th December 2004, 07:30 PM
Okay, I wanna get 19s for my Vectra.. So im looking at two options.

1) Stick with the same wheels but get 19s instead of the current 18s. It will look like this only a tiny bit bigger.

http://www.dv8.com.au/rk/vectra/vectra_original.jpg

2) 19" Konig Unknowns, that will look something like this on my car:
(btw, the face isnt chrome.. its just polished)

http://www.dv8.com.au/rk/vectra/vectra_konig.jpg

This is the actual wheel:

http://www.dv8.com.au/rk/vectra/konig02.jpg

oh.. and that means my current Alexia Twinspoke 18" will be for sale if anyone is interested. They are in perfect condition, bar one little scratch where a spanner fell on it. I will take pics of it later when im got the new wheels.

mr_astra_retired
11th December 2004, 07:34 PM
I think the current wheels are the bomb Rajman , those konigs with the black spokes take away the bling factor from the car .

So i vote Stay with what ya got :mrgreen:

sunny
11th December 2004, 07:46 PM
So i vote Stay with what ya got :mrgreen:

second to that

Degen-Astra
11th December 2004, 08:33 PM
Third...love the look you got now. 8)

anicorsa
12th December 2004, 01:46 AM
Fourth...

Looks good how it is right now.

Marty
12th December 2004, 01:57 AM
Fifth...
Stay with the current wheels.

Anonymous
12th December 2004, 02:42 AM
Konig unknowns look absolutely awesome! They'll really fill the guards up, they're rare as bat s.h.i.t, they look different from you're regular chromies, and they have some decent lip! 8)

At the end of the day, when you're buying rims, it's all about standing out from everyone else.... These guarantee that you will, without making you look like a w.a.n.k.e.r...

It's unfortunate hat my chromies have become so popular now.... :cry:

Getting 19's won't look dramatically different - not worth the effort at all!

GL bro... 8)

EGG80X
12th December 2004, 10:12 AM
get some magnesium forged rims

Anonymous
12th December 2004, 10:19 AM
Stay with what ya have or Same Rims in 19"

The Konig makes ya Veccy look like a Magna VRX :lol:

ultim8DTM5
12th December 2004, 01:14 PM
So going to Bogan Gate afterall? :P

RK
12th December 2004, 01:58 PM
hahaha.
i think i'll stick with same design.
my mate said it suits my car more.. cos i dont have any crazy bodykits.. its just sleek and elegant. time to register on ebay...

YuSuF
12th December 2004, 02:30 PM
DAMMMN 19's that will look even more pimped out hehe :P

Yeah stick with same wheels dont think you can do any better

a_manda
12th December 2004, 03:05 PM
i agree with most Raj, stick with the ones you got now they look HOT and have a certain pimp factor about them ;)

Mr Cali
12th December 2004, 04:06 PM
19s hey , very nice mate, I'll be getting some myself aswell
By the way how much will u be selling your 18s for, I'm sure a few people on the Calibra site would be interested aswell.

Anonymous
12th December 2004, 05:08 PM
sell me your old rims for $200 with tyres and you can buy these new rims hehe nah srsly i would stay with what you got and just up it to 19 man i cant imagine that car with anything but those rims looks wrong hehe pm me your price on your rims if you do decide to sell em hey rajey??

RK
12th December 2004, 05:10 PM
I'll put up a For Sale notice when i get the new wheels. I'll take a look at how much tread is left on the tyres tonight and figure out a price.

Anonymous
12th December 2004, 05:13 PM
cheeeeeers bra then i can have bling bling and have to wear the sunnies too 8)
also i dont know if many of you know but raj takes his wheel off alot and uses
them to sunbake :P thats why he is so brown they are so shiney they actually
magnify the sun's rays hahahaha :P sorry raj had to say it

RK
12th December 2004, 05:37 PM
hahahahahaha!! :lol: :lol:

GOZOFF
12th December 2004, 06:42 PM
Oh those wheels are hot very original but 19's man Raj you complain about your ride now with 35 series rubber they would have to be even lower profile than that :shock:
Anyways your wheels atm go off 8)

RK
12th December 2004, 06:45 PM
nah, theyll be 225/35s now.
i gotta measure the overall diameter of those wheels. cos its gonna be a very tight fight in the rear arches. And i'll have to get the front raises a bit, and rears lipped :S

Anonymous
12th December 2004, 08:40 PM
raj man, get 20's if you're sticking for the same design...

you'll be one of the first veccy's with DUB's.... :)

Mitch
12th December 2004, 09:43 PM
20s would be huge on a Vectra. My mate just put 20x8.5 on his VX SS Commodore and they are massive. I'm in love with them.

RapidSRi
12th December 2004, 10:59 PM
It already looks pimpin now with those dubstyle rims that look like bigger than they are, in my opinion it is good to have some rubber visible. Jus seems like a waste to get the same wheel again 1inch bigger. I would go for performance gain, or black leather trim or somthin

Jass
13th December 2004, 08:02 AM
I like the second ones much better

Nifty_nathan
13th December 2004, 09:51 AM
I agree with the majority of guys here, keep the rims you have on your ride now. Having 19s might fill up the guards a bit more, but the ride is just going to get worse, especially seeing you haven't changed your shocks.

The only thing i would be worried about is how much clearance between the splash guards and your rims. My 18" are already hitting my splash guards at the front and i've only lowered mine 1.5" at the front. If your going to get 19" raise your front from the 2" you have now to maybe an 1" higher or something as then you can factor in the sag of the springs and everything should be sweet!

XXX-1.8T
13th December 2004, 02:37 PM
go the Konigs

how much are they?

RK
13th December 2004, 03:15 PM
No idea yet.. will have to import them cos they dont have 5x110 here.

I'm gonna wait about a month anyway.. I wanna check up on clearances and also how much it would cost to engineer it.. if its possible.

mixmelb
13th December 2004, 05:14 PM
Yeh, I'd say the Konig looks better and unique. It comes to preferences....