PDA

View Full Version : hey from SA

nicksb
6th September 2012, 10:57 AM
hey my names nick got a 1997 sb barina lambada,

i don't know much about it, hoping to learn a bit from this forum.

cheers

guy 27
6th September 2012, 10:57 AM
Welcome to OA

faneca
6th September 2012, 11:14 AM
Welcome!!! :D we have had a massive amount of new SA members recently
Where abouts are you from? I myself live in grange

poita
6th September 2012, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the forum :)

Good to see SB's are still getting around

Nurb608
6th September 2012, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the site!

adam_92
6th September 2012, 12:37 PM
Welcome to opelaus. Good to see more SA members joining up. Where exactly are you from?

imemi
6th September 2012, 12:48 PM
Welcome!

Faneca - totally read that as "I live in a garage" Mind is elsewhere.

faneca
6th September 2012, 12:56 PM
Welcome!

Haha well the amount of work I have done to my car I could haha

SAMARAI
6th September 2012, 01:20 PM
Welcome!

haha lol!

Welcome mate! i'm sure there's plenty of people on here that will be glad to help you out with any queries!!
photos of your ride??

nicksb
6th September 2012, 06:28 PM
Welcome!!! :D we have had a massive amount of new SA members recently
Where abouts are you from? I myself live in grange

Hey im from Henley Beach, already found a few helpful tips on here to get her moving a bit better. Will get some pics up soon.
Cheers everyone

faneca
6th September 2012, 06:37 PM
jeez thats close! i have probably seen you around the place then haha

adam_92
6th September 2012, 06:51 PM
I was originally living at Henley beach when I first moved to aus, mum bought the hair salon just up from the square that used to be Henley palladeum then renovated and changed the name to niche and sold it.

btm
7th September 2012, 10:28 AM
howdy and welcome!

nicksb
7th September 2012, 10:22 PM
you may have seen me around faneca, haven't had the car for to long though & adam_92 i'm pretty sure i know where your talking about =)

faneca
7th September 2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah no doubt, I live on jetty street now ( have done for the last 7 years now) how long have you had the car?

nicksb
8th September 2012, 11:24 AM
had it for around six months only thing that really makes it distinctive is the sunroof... my high beams keep coming on when i indicate is the best option to replace the stalk?

faneca
8th September 2012, 11:53 AM
Ahk well ill be on the look for sh with a sunroof ;)
It probably could be a wiring issue unless the stalk flicks into highbeam when you indicate?
You should bring it out on our cruise on the 6th of october. :D

nicksb
8th September 2012, 12:00 PM
flicks into high beam when i indicate, i don't think its the wiring when i just touch the stalk they come on and off. i found a new stalk on ebay for $15 i may give a go. ill have to sus if i have that day off work but would be keen for a cruise!

SAMARAI
8th September 2012, 12:09 PM
flicks into high beam when i indicate, i don't think its the wiring when i just touch the stalk they come on and off. i found a new stalk on ebay for $15 i may give a go. ill have to sus if i have that day off work but would be keen for a cruise!

does it flick into high beams when you indicate in both directions?? If you rapidly turn your left indicator in and off repeatedly in rapid succession.. does it still come on?

faneca
8th September 2012, 12:26 PM
Well for 15 bucks why not.
It's on a Saturday... It's for Adelaide Opels official grand opening

poita
8th September 2012, 01:02 PM
Will just be the stalk, that have two plastic bumps on the end that they rotate on. These wear from use and will cause this. Happened on my calibra. Took like 5 mins to swap it put

SAMARAI
8th September 2012, 04:19 PM
Will just be the stalk, that have two plastic bumps on the end that they rotate on. These wear from use and will cause this. Happened on my calibra. Took like 5 mins to swap it put

Mate same with my indicator stalk on my calibra! after trying to revive it to get it to work properly and not cut out.. a new one was the fix!

nicksb
8th September 2012, 04:51 PM
can you recommend anywhere local to get the stalk from? as the ebay one takes few weeks

adam_92
8th September 2012, 04:53 PM
Any u-pull-it will have a heap of barina sb's either Elizabeth,Gilman or Lonsdale. Open 9-5 every day

nicksb
8th September 2012, 04:56 PM
Any u-pull-it will have a heap of barina sb's either Elizabeth,Gilman or Lonsdale. Open 9-5 every day

excellent, cheers man

chris_r
8th September 2012, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the forum.

As someone who lives in Semaphore Park, just up the road from where you are, I can tell you that the U-Pull-It at Gillman probably has only about 3-4 SB's from what I saw down there today. Can't remember if they had the indicator stalks or not though.

On second thought, I'd have one still in Adam's old GSi. I could possibly grab it when I'm up at my friends place fixing my own GSi.

Corsa SRI Guy
8th September 2012, 11:12 PM
I remember for my SB I ended up going down to Holden spare parts and picking up a new one for around $40. Wasn't expensive surprisingly

nicksb
9th September 2012, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the forum.

As someone who lives in Semaphore Park, just up the road from where you are, I can tell you that the U-Pull-It at Gillman probably has only about 3-4 SB's from what I saw down there today. Can't remember if they had the indicator stalks or not though.

On second thought, I'd have one still in Adam's old GSi. I could possibly grab it when I'm up at my friends place fixing my own GSi.

hey how much do you want for your old one?

chris_r
9th September 2012, 09:16 PM
I could probably do it for around $20. I'd have to get it for you next weekend though, as I didn't have the time to grab it today.