PDA

View Full Version : Car customisation (SA)

Shango
3rd September 2012, 06:43 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knew a place in South Australia to get several customisations/enhancements done to my Vectra C.

The stuff I need done includes: painting and installation of spoiler, skirts and grills, window tinting, LED taillights, double din car entertainment system + parking sensors + reversing camera, some work on my exhaust and an Air induction kit.

I have all the parts, I just need to get the stuff painted and installed. I would prefer one place that does it all, but I don't mind going to different places.

Thanks and sorry if this thread is in the wrong section.

faneca
3rd September 2012, 06:57 PM
Hey mate dont know where abouts you are but grange road autoworx is a place I would recommend. I have a few mate who have had their cars taken there and are always pleased with their results, I havent heard anything negative about them anyway

chris_r
3rd September 2012, 06:57 PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knew a place in South Australia to get several customisations/enhancements done to my Vectra C.

The stuff I need done includes: painting and installation of spoiler, skirts and grills, window tinting, LED taillights, double din car entertainment system + parking sensors + reversing camera, some work on my exhaust and an Air induction kit.

I have all the parts, I just need to get the stuff painted and installed. I would prefer one place that does it all, but I don't mind going to different places.

Thanks and sorry if this thread is in the wrong section.

Guess it all depends on your budget and how far you're willing to drive. With the spoiler and skirts, there's many places you could go. Window tinting, I'd recommend Scorpion Window Tinting at Enfield, they're not the cheapest, but the work was top notch last time I went there. Exhaust wise, I found D&T Performance Salisbury to be good, again not the cheapest, but far better than your local dodgy exhaust place. The guys there know what they're doing. Electronics/entertainment, if you can't do it yourself, then try Autobarn or maybe Car Toys at Hindmarsh (These guys can probably do the whole lot for you, but it could get pricey very quickly).

Stuff like your tail lights, grille (if it doesn't require paint) and the air induction kit can be fitted by yourself. Don't be afraid to have a go yourself, you'll be surprised how easy some things like this can be.

Shango
4th September 2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks for your replies

I decided to go to Car Toys at Hindmarsh because it's close to my work. There's several stuff I needed to get done that I didn't include in my original post but Car Toys can do the lot! They gave me a quote of $2700.00 with a 12 month labour warranty or something. I'll also speak to Grange road Autoworx and SVE in Gepps Cross to see their quotes.

Some people have told me I can do some of the stuff myself and it's probably not to hard, but I'll leave it to the professionals. Thanks again for the help.

ChrisMaz
5th September 2012, 03:34 PM
Do share what skirts / spoiler you are putting on :)

Shango
5th September 2012, 07:58 PM
VXR/OPC rear boot spoiler, real lower skirt and diffuser. Keeping standard front skirt/spoiler, just getting it colour coded.

ChrisMaz
5th September 2012, 08:39 PM
May I ask how much you bought them for? Just curious to know how much they are 12 months on.

Also, bite the bullet and buy an irmscher front lip. One of the best styling buys.

Shango
5th September 2012, 11:09 PM
All from Autovaux:
93199104 - VXR/OPC Boot spoiler £112.39
93199101 - VXR/OPC Line Rear Lower Skirt £123.24
9271537 - VXR rear diffuser £40.93

I was originally going to buy the irmscher front lip but I decided against it and spent the money elsewhere. Although I did manage to get a brand new irmscher Aluminum stripped Grill for cheap of German ebay.

ChrisMaz
6th September 2012, 12:26 AM
Stayed about the same then. I wish I could of bought the rear lower skirt, but the shipping was far too high.

You can get a replica irmscher front lip from nicedeals.co.uk. Looks exactly the same and is a third of the price.

Pics when you get it all sorted mate.

Shango
9th September 2012, 08:56 PM
I looked into the replicas but a fiberglass front lip on a Vectra C didn't sound too appealing, more trouble than it's worth. I honestly think the original front lip looks good enough when colour coded. I'll post pics when everything is done, should be done by Tuesday or Wednesday.

ChrisMaz
10th September 2012, 11:56 AM
Each to their own I guess. Agreed on the Fibreglass being a hassle... When mine cracked, it spider webbed basically all the paint across it. Just doesn't have enough flex, but for the price I couldn't say no.