PDA

View Full Version : HELP! We're looking for an Opel GT owner to participate in an article for Motor Mag

Melanie Kerin
3rd September 2012, 10:41 AM
I thought this was a better place than any to track down an Opel GT owner to help out with an article for Motor Magazine. They are keen to do a photo shoot / short drive if possible and compare it along side to the new GTC!

Drop me a line if you know of anyone or are the someone that help us out.... Just think how popular you will be!

guy 27
3rd September 2012, 10:48 AM
chrisp

is the only one i know of on the forum with one. although thats being restored at the moment i believe.

Theres another one in bundy but not sure of its condition. poita might be able to find out that one.

A few years back there was one spotted in SA but no further news on that one.

poita
3rd September 2012, 10:52 AM
The one here is in many many many pieces, so would be no good for a drive or a photoshoot sorry :(

faneca
3rd September 2012, 11:33 AM
Can't say I have seen one in sa recently :/ someone did join up with one not long ago didn't they?

SIMid
3rd September 2012, 11:38 AM
I thought a standard Astra Coupe 06-08 model would be a better comparison?

XLR87N
3rd September 2012, 11:52 AM
Your welcome to use my VXR

chris_r
3rd September 2012, 09:30 PM
Actually I spotted a blue one in SA travelling along Port Wakefield Road around the Burton Area late last year. Check this thread here: http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?31797-Opel-GT

I am looking around for the original pic somewhere, but from what I can see it had the rego plates WGG747. Not sure if it helps, but hey, it's worth a shot. Just checked Ezyreg, it comes up as an Opel sedan and it's currently unregistered.

EDIT: There's also a guy in Melbourne who has an Opel Manta A on this forum too. I thought of it, seeing as it was the successor to the original Opel GT.

Nurb608
3rd September 2012, 09:52 PM
Might have to stretch out for this one. Are you after the last model GT with the LNF motor (Base design of the OPC motor) or the older GT?

Melanie Kerin
4th September 2012, 01:09 PM
Might have to stretch out for this one. Are you after the last model GT with the LNF motor (Base design of the OPC motor) or the older GT?

Thanks for all your feedback guys. The background behind the story is for Motor to combine the Opel heritage alongside the brands introduction to Australia.

In terms of what model, we will take what we can get really - just needs to be a sports model of an older vintage and nothing that was here with a lion badge ;)

Nurb608
4th September 2012, 01:44 PM
There's a 71 Opel GT in Brisbane. Will have a look around tonight.

SIMid
4th September 2012, 01:54 PM
In terms of what model, we will take what we can get really - just needs to be a sports model of an older vintage and nothing that was here with a lion badge ;)

Pretty much a personal import. :)

You might need to span out to http://www.vauxhall.org.au/

They may have an ellusive Opel in their club.

Or else, maybe track down a Opel Monza, Brock had a hand in modifying one.

HDT Club may have a member or 2 registered through them.

Wraith
4th September 2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks for all your feedback guys. The background behind the story is for Motor to combine the Opel heritage alongside the brands introduction to Australia.

That's easy just grab and use a previous model 'Opelised' Astra if it's impossible grabbing hold of an rare grey Aust. import GT...

Lots of Opelised TS and AH Astras around here :p

Nurb608
4th September 2012, 03:52 PM
Melanie, seems there are a few in South Australia that are road registered. Also, Shannons Insurance may also be able to help

Nurb608
6th September 2012, 10:26 AM
Sent you an email Melanie, hope it helps