PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Melb

Torzi
30th August 2012, 11:53 PM
Hey all, names Lauren, northern subs of Melb. Recently picked up an 06 SRi Turbo,been at the mechanics for the last two weeks waiting on an oil cooler from the UK :( it arrived but damaged so I have another long wait for another one!!

I moved outta home and had to part with my gorgeous 2010 modified XR5, so I'm missing the power and torque and that beautiful sound. Lol

Mods: I have no idea about these engines and minimal funds so there may not be any :( lol

If I were too though, where would I start and how hard is it fitting in a bigger IC??

Cheers

guy 27
30th August 2012, 11:55 PM
welcome to OA

adam_92
31st August 2012, 12:31 AM
A chick driving a turbo is an instant win!! Welcome to opelaus. Get some pics of your ride up asap!

faneca
31st August 2012, 12:43 AM
^^^ Hahaha

Welcome to OA!

poita
31st August 2012, 12:47 AM
Welcome to OpelAus, although after the above I think it's turning into e-harmony!

adam_92
31st August 2012, 12:58 AM
I was only stating what everyone was thinking :lol:

Nurb608
31st August 2012, 07:18 AM
Welcome Lauren. Front ic isn't that hard to fit up, just time consuming. Why did you get rid of the 5, nice car ;) Guessing money :(

hazrd
31st August 2012, 07:41 AM
Well, well, well..... if it isnt the girl who said I drive a latte car....... whos driving the latte car now? :lol:

*Wondering if she remembers....*

Torzi
31st August 2012, 10:04 AM
Well, well, well..... if it isnt the girl who said I drive a latte car....... whos driving the latte car now? :lol:

*Wondering if she remembers....*

Hmmmmm thinking thinking.....
Ummm are you mates with Dallas at all?? That's the only thing that springs to mind... Lol

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Yeah had to part with my beloved XR5 due to finances, moved into a place by myself and had to make sacrifices. Ah well, I have an SRi Turbo now :)

Will get pics up asap :)
Is there many cruises organised on here?

sooty
31st August 2012, 10:08 AM
We used to organise a lot, but have waned of late for various reasons, we have a dyno day on the 16th though if you'd like to come and meet everyone or throw the car on the dyno to get a baseline run :thumbs:

Torzi
31st August 2012, 10:15 AM
We used to organise a lot, but have waned of late for various reasons, we have a dyno day on the 16th though if you'd like to come and meet everyone or throw the car on the dyno to get a baseline run :thumbs:

Oh cool!! I have actually organised a run with the XR5 boys on the 15th, Healesville to Lake Eildon National Park, but that's if i actually have the car back on the road :( if not I'll be a boring passenger. Where is the Dyno day? My car is stock as a rock all I've done is put slotted rotors on. Lol so no need for a Dyno I guess!! Lol

poita
31st August 2012, 10:18 AM
Indeed he is mates with Dallas ;)

Dallas is floating around here somewhere too

sooty
31st August 2012, 10:41 AM
Oh cool!! I have actually organised a run with the XR5 boys on the 15th, Healesville to Lake Eildon National Park, but that's if i actually have the car back on the road :( if not I'll be a boring passenger. Where is the Dyno day? My car is stock as a rock all I've done is put slotted rotors on. Lol so no need for a Dyno I guess!! Lol

Dyno is always good for a baseline anyway, make sure everything is running ok, and so you can see what power and torque difference things make when you inevitably modify it :P
Dyno day is at RTR in dandenong, check the vic section for more details :)

Torzi
31st August 2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks, I'll check it out and fingers crossed the car will be back on the road!! :-)

hazrd
31st August 2012, 12:30 PM
Outback jacks
Xr5 meet
Polo GTi

:p
Welcome to the dark side

btm
31st August 2012, 03:30 PM
welcome to the site!

mickos
31st August 2012, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the site
Save your pennys for an EDS IPF unit.
Or purchase your self a tuning licence- maybe another member can lend you one to upload the maps;)

Bobarache
31st August 2012, 08:04 PM
Welcome aboard ;)