PDA

View Full Version : Newbie saying g'day.....

Anonymous
13th February 2004, 06:09 PM
hey....great site.
hope you don't mind if i look around and maybe stay a while.
can't wait to come on one of your cruises.

my ride is one of those cars people love to hate. a calibra. but this one has one of those turbo things stuck to it, and 4x4 for good measure.
many calibra owners around here???

ultim8DTM5
13th February 2004, 06:24 PM
Is it a genuine Calibra Turbo or a FWD aftermarket Turbo?

Welcome to the side, love the car! Theres a few blow-ins from the Calibra board

Yellow_Astra
13th February 2004, 07:45 PM
i've got also an Calibra Turbo 4x4..

best info page for the Let engine Maxboost (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/johnnya/max-boost/index.htm)

best Tuner for the Let engine in europe:
EDS-Motorsport (http://www.eds-motorsport.de/indexenglisch.htm) They own a Corsa A with 2 Let engine.. wanna look? ok http://www.boost-beast.de/

sorry for my bad english :oops:

Anonymous
13th February 2004, 07:55 PM
its a genuine calibra turbo.

http://work.aevans.net/uploads/xqM5dowIfLas.jpg

I'm just wondering if a lot of people on this site think Holden are 97% usless when it comes to knowledge of older model opels.

imad4u
13th February 2004, 08:05 PM
isnt anything worng with calibra's.... the ppl that say they are shit dont know shit :D they just dont understand how to fix a euro car... jap cars are shit easy to fix but in return they are shit... :roll:

Anonymous
13th February 2004, 08:12 PM
they really have been given the lemon tag name... maybe a lot have been mistreated.

are the majority of cars on this site astras

SmellyTofu
13th February 2004, 08:30 PM
There are a mix of Barina ppl and Astra ppl... not as much Vectra, Zafira and Calibra owners as there could be.. but then again, there wasn't too many Calibra 4x4 owners in Australia in the first place. I did see this Cali 4x4 once on my way to work.. he must have been in a bit of a rush... flooring it everywhere he went.

Anonymous
13th February 2004, 09:21 PM
Does anyone here think Holden knows anything about anything other than the Crummydore?

mr_astra_retired
13th February 2004, 09:29 PM
Hello mate and welcome , car looks nice !

SmellyTofu
13th February 2004, 09:31 PM
I certainly don't. I think what Holden's position is with imports (from Opel and Izusu) is that they bring them in, say they know about it but in fact most of the tech info comes from the suppliers of these cars. Only a bit of mods are done for the Australian market. I mean look at the brake pads. They say they know about the carbon issue but why is it that we have to live with it? They can put the dust kits and UV protection kits on all Opel cars (which is an option in Europe) but they haven't been able to put pads that suit a warmer climate that doesn't need to withstand below freezing temps.

Anonymous
14th February 2004, 01:02 PM
worst experience i had with holden was when they wanted $2300 to fix my 4x4 problem. $1500 for the part and $800 for installation, they even said they couldn't guarantee it would fix it.
i found the part at a wreckers in melb for $100, then got my mechanic to install it for another $100.

frankie9fingers
14th February 2004, 03:20 PM
that's coz holden employ 1 qualified mech to watch over 4 1st year apprentices... well thats how it is in sunshine holden.

Anonymous
16th February 2004, 11:17 AM
Dude, welcome to the site!
Where you from? If your in VIC, we have a cruise this sunday 22nd so come along.

If not from vic, come down :D

Anonymous
16th February 2004, 04:22 PM
im in vic....yeh im coming with a guy known as the 'father' and voted 'team bus' of club opel.

Anonymous
16th February 2004, 04:25 PM
hehehe where in vic are ya? The godfather and i need to catch up since he lives in wantirna and i work there...

Anonymous
16th February 2004, 04:30 PM
i can proudly say i live opposite the new KFC on Burwood hwy near K-mart...the kernal has served me well

Anonymous
16th February 2004, 04:35 PM
Yeah i know where. Sweet all nice and close!

daastra
17th February 2004, 01:34 PM
that's coz holden employ 1 qualified mech to watch over 4 1st year apprentices... well thats how it is in sunshine holden.

NICE CALL FRANKIE!!!!!!

Yeah where in Wantirna are u??? I reside there.

SO SO SO shitty I can't make the cruise this weekend!!!! :cry:

Anonymous
17th February 2004, 01:51 PM
Estee, i dont care WTF you have going on this w/e, your coming to this cruise. Whore in a car if you need to, but your coming! Eat guarana tablet, drink a litre of Red Bull straight, get match-sticks to hold yours eyes open.

Anonymous
17th February 2004, 04:14 PM
Wecome to the club PHATBOY and i hope u enjoy yor stay. 8) 8) 8)

BLK^BaRiNa leave Estee alone . the poor girl cannot come because of her friend 21st. ok and she know that this friend would do the same for her .
so discussion close.

The GODFATHER has Spoken, Take that Paul Ya BIATCH.

Anonymous
17th February 2004, 04:17 PM
Relax dude. If she cant come, she cant come. All we're doing is simply having fun here. If i was in her position, i'd prolly do the same as her, but as i said, its all in the name of fun. What we should do is have a Eastern meeting up at Knox or something. Go for a coffee/drinks one night... what do you think?

Anonymous
17th February 2004, 04:20 PM
It sounds alright, I just don't ya trying kiss me like last Time.
Tony might have to put ya in a 44 Gallon Drum.

Anonymous
17th February 2004, 04:22 PM
who tried kissing you?

Anonymous
17th February 2004, 04:43 PM
I was joking Dude :D

Anonymous
17th February 2004, 04:52 PM
:D :lol: :D

frankie9fingers
17th February 2004, 05:50 PM
hmmmmmmmm.............. did any of you guys get a wiff of tention fly past you or do my runners stink again?

Anonymous
17th February 2004, 07:45 PM
hmmmmmmmm.............. did any of you guys get a wiff of tention fly past you or do my runners stink again?

There was some Tension.
I ate a 21 Piece Bucket and forgot to loosen my Belt.

Degen-Astra
17th February 2004, 09:51 PM
i can proudly say i live opposite the new KFC on Burwood hwy near K-mart...the kernal has served me well

Nice...so i am like 5 mins from you. Near Burwood Station...

Aus-SRi
17th February 2004, 09:56 PM
hmm.. well i work 5 mins from KFC in forest hill :)

SmellyTofu
17th February 2004, 10:16 PM
I think everyone lives at least 10 mins from the nearest McDonalds/KFC/Subways/Hungry Jacks.... I was soooo surprised that every 10 mins I drove in Melb, there would be one.... except on the way from South Yarra where I was staying to Geelong.

Anonymous
17th February 2004, 11:04 PM
so i guess the Opel Aus Head Office will be opening up in burwood since half of us live there :roll: lets take over Penfold Holden. we can burn all the commondores

Anonymous
18th February 2004, 09:30 AM
so i guess the Opel Aus Head Office will be opening up in burwood since half of us live there :roll: lets take over Penfold Holden. we can burn all the commondores

AHAHAHA well i live in E/Hills, but spend my life working in Wantirna.

The chill joint can be the Mobil/Red Roosters car park :D

Anonymous
18th February 2004, 05:40 PM
i think we know who will be the boss 'father'

Anonymous
19th February 2004, 11:50 AM
i think we do :D