V8 Supercars giants Triple Eight Race Engineering have announced
that Red Bull will replace Vodafone as the team's naming rights
sponsor in a multi-year deal.

Triple Eight's current deal with Vodafone finishes at the end of
the year after a six-year association which included Bathurst 1000
wins in 2007, 2008 and 2010 as well as JAMIE WHINCUP'S 2008, 2009
and 2011 championships.

Triple Eight managing director ROLAND DANE said he was delighted
to have secured a new naming rights sponsor for 2013 and beyond.

hazrd
1st August 2012, 12:07 PM
Red Bull livery will take some getting used to. Nice score by triple eight

poita
1st August 2012, 12:11 PM
Well Vodafone are pulling sponsorships everywhere, would be nice to see them put it into reception :lol:

Red Bull on board may pave the way for Casey Stoner to come into the sport, since they have a good partnership with Ducati already.

Good to see they got a big name on board though :)

nigelh
1st August 2012, 07:24 PM
I wounder what whincup will do because fairly sure he is sponsored by Monster

chris_r
1st August 2012, 08:25 PM
I think he'd find a way to ditch that deal, as I think Red Bull would probably stump up the money to keep him on board. As in all forms of sport that Red Bull sponsor, they are probably more determined to keep their teams winning than most other companies.

Vodafone probably pulled the pin when they figured out they couldn't outsource anything more to India, including sport sponsorships.

gman
2nd August 2012, 09:36 AM
The Monster deal was a year by year thing so will likely just drop off, unless they do something tricky (see below).

Auto Action has the new cars on the cover, I picked one up at Goulburn on the weekend. It looked like Red Bull Mobile more than drinks, so that might not effect the Monster sponsorship.

Either way it's great to see them in there!!

Numbnut
2nd August 2012, 10:51 AM
Big news!

I thought the Monster thing was Triple 8 based and not Whincup specific? If so they'd just give Monster the boot.
Upcoming season will be very interesting, COTF, Texas and back to Pukekohe.

chris_r
2nd August 2012, 08:12 PM
Big news!

I thought the Monster thing was Triple 8 based and not Whincup specific? If so they'd just give Monster the boot.
Upcoming season will be very interesting, COTF, Texas and back to Pukekohe.

Yeah, and whether the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide is on in 2013 is up in the air at the moment. Our government want to bring the event forward to February as it usually lands in the same time as the Fringe Festival. V8SC say that if it is brought forward, then they won't have the cars ready and they'll cancel the event. Politics has no place in the world of motorsport.

Numbnut
3rd August 2012, 11:18 AM
Agreed, it's such a good event. Surely it's too important for the city to compromise.

Hoss
3rd August 2012, 12:17 PM
Agreed, it's such a good event. Surely it's too important for the city to compromise.

Agreed. The Clipsal is, IMO, one of the better races on the V8 calendar. Particularly Turn 8.

gman
5th August 2012, 09:42 AM
Here's the mock up on the cover of Auto Action
http://img.tapatalk.com/db49237a-c18f-c850.jpg

hazrd
5th August 2012, 09:53 AM
Wow
Thats definitely different

poita
5th August 2012, 10:24 AM
the headlights are ummm different.......... just like a golf

hazrd
5th August 2012, 10:33 AM
:rofl1: :lol:

Numbnut
6th August 2012, 03:10 PM
What the hell is going on here! That doesn't even resemble a Commodore.
Make that the Nissan.

Hoss
6th August 2012, 04:56 PM
What the hell is going on here! That doesn't even resemble a Commodore.
Make that the Nissan.

Maybe it's what the "future car" or whatever it's called will look like in 2013 ..... and it's the VF model Holden.

Numbnut
6th August 2012, 05:23 PM
You could be right there Hoss. The design is bold and too far away from what they currently look like. I guess if that's the evolution and where the design stands for the VF than so be it.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/04/11/sydney-telstra-500-cotf-launch/

These are much closer.

faneca
6th August 2012, 05:30 PM
Here's the mock up on the cover of Auto Action
http://img.tapatalk.com/db49237a-c18f-c850.jpg

Looks more like the Malibu to me than a commodore. Is the bf supposed to be the same shape as the ve?

gman
6th August 2012, 06:12 PM
Yep, next year is the COTF chassis and basically only the body panels are different...One step closer to homogenisation al la NASCAR.