PDA

View Full Version : Astra mk6 - 2 weeks with it.

Younge
31st July 2012, 11:40 PM
Hey guys!

I thought i would write up a little review of the new Astra mk6.
I've spent the last 2 weeks in England travelling around seeing friends and family so i needed to hire a car. Of course my first choice was the Astra sport coupe but due to my age i couldn't hire it.

Instead they gave me a brand new (500 miles) Astra sri (5 door).
As walking around the car doing the inspection for dents and scratches i got a real glimpse of how gorgeous the car really is. I'm not a fan of 5 day cars, but this one grew on me.

As i got into the car, i couldn't believe its a Vauxhall, everything about it just felt more expensive. (i'll post pictures later)

after spending two weeks in and out of the car i've really taken a crush on it. From driving 6 hours straight from one side of England to Wales, to driving across fields to a festival, the car performed and kept me entertained the whole time.

I used to own the astra mk5 sri and couldn't fault the car. The mk6 felt like a much improved version of the mk5. There were certain corners i would slow down on in my mk5 but the mk6 just stuck to the road and felt so smooth no matter how much i pushed it. The interior is my favourite part of the car, its just so sexy, i really loved it when i was drivign at night and the leds all around me made it feel like a 40,000k plus car!

Now i'm back in Australia i'm debating getting the new mk6 instead of the vxr, i'm split on what to do. Its one of those things you won't understand until you use the car for day to day stuff.

Either or, i would suggest you all give the mk6 a little test drive, i think everyone will be surprised to find how much of a great car it truly is.

I would also like to comment on the new vxr..... gorgeous.. i didn't get to drive one but saw it in the flesh before i flew home. Its a very attractive car, it will turn heads everwhere it goes! i just hope it comes over to Australia for us to enjoy.

I would also like to add how gorgeous the coupe is. My friend has already bought one and it is bloody stunning. I much prefer the 3 door over the 5 door.
I recon this version of Astra will storm across Australia just like it has England! i'm looking forward to seeing how much a new one costs in September!

In conclusion, for the money in England, i don't believe you can get a better car.

poita
31st July 2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the real world write up :)

Many of us are busting our balls for September 1, as for pricing it will be in the press tomorrow ;)

Nurb608
31st July 2012, 11:49 PM
Nice write up mate! In regards to pricing, that's released tonight after midnight ;)

Wraith
1st August 2012, 01:06 PM
Sounds good - no doubt 'if' the pricing is right it'll do well here, ie. the cooking models/variants anyway :)