PDA

View Full Version : Wakefield Wrap Up

poita
31st July 2012, 11:02 PM
Will keep it fairly short (unlike the drive)

After a massive couple of days on the road just want to say a massive thanks to everyone for making the trip and making the weekend a heap of fun.

Thanks to gman (you old rich bastard) for organising the accommodation, for guy 27, glider and JMZ for putting up with me on the drive down and back.

I honestly don't think glider will ever be the same after talking to the sink and playing the stupidest road trip game EVER on the way home.

Good to finally meet gman and put a name to quite a few new faces from NSW and Vic.

Tbh I pretty well forgot most peoples names not long after, I have enough problem remembering my own name (am I pubes or penis?)

I will throw up some photos soon, mainly from the pit area exiting onto the track and a few random ones from the weekend.

Thanks again guys, was a shit load of fun. Goes to show how awesome of a community we have here.

Until the next epic adventure!

guy 27
31st July 2012, 11:04 PM
Was a awesome weekend for sure.

Big thanks to toby for towing my car down and back up. massively appreciate it. :)

poita
31st July 2012, 11:11 PM
Worked it out to be roughly 3200km and about 38 hours on the road.

Began at about 11pm Thursday night finishing 11am Monday morning.

Also a huge thank you to simmy for coming to get me, I was so tired I couldn't even figure out how to get to there place, even with a GPS!

I hope those wheels on the Corolla look bloody good!

benzino
1st August 2012, 11:27 AM
it was good to meet a few of you and watch the cars being driven how they deserve

thanks for bringing the extractors down for me too Pete

I hope one day we'll get the astra or lanos out on the track :)

simmy
1st August 2012, 02:45 PM
glad you all had a great time! hopefully next time we can bring the rolla :)
your welcome pete, not a problem at all.. even though it was like 2am when we had to meet you! :p
Thanks so much to all 3 of you for taking that slight detour, it was greatly appreciated.

mickos
1st August 2012, 04:57 PM
Worked it out to be roughly 3200km and about 38 hours on the road.

Began at about 11pm Thursday night finishing 11am Monday morning.

Also a huge thank you to simmy for coming to get me, I was so tired I couldn't even figure out how to get to there place, even with a GPS!

I hope those wheels on the Corolla look bloody good!

Bloody good effort on the trip down mate! Do it again one day!

Corsa SRI Guy
1st August 2012, 11:26 PM
And a big thank you for dropping off the Steinmetz grille off to me at 4am on the way down thru Bris. Good meeting u as well mate. Love to catch up with all at the next meet :)