PDA

View Full Version : Opel: German, not premium

JohnBu
31st July 2012, 09:20 AM
I think it's a strategy that will work well... people think premium and automatically think expensive, when the price may be cheaper than their think.

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/opel-german-not-premium-20120731-23bch.html

But at the end of the day, it's pricing that will determine whether or not you get sales, the previous Astra's were affordable and cheaper than say a Golf which is more 'premium' even though they share the same segment.

Re: Fixed Priced Servicing, that was something I mentioned that may convert some buyers of Asian cars who are rightly or wrongly concerned about the running cost of european buyers. A step in the right direction.

Vectracious
31st July 2012, 09:31 AM
If the article is correct when it says that the pricing will be within $1000 of the Cruze, then they are in with a good chance of getting some decent sales quickly.

JohnBu
31st July 2012, 11:03 AM
Even though the Astra may have a retail price within $1,000 of the Cruze, the Cruze will be substantially cheaper for Government fleet buyers, made in Australia, blah blah blah....

But you're right, it's not a bad price.

Where is the Cruze 1.4T engine made?

2002_XC
31st July 2012, 01:15 PM

Full pricing and specification details haven't been released yet. Check back at 11.59pm tonight (Tuesday night) for our complete wrap on all the Opel pricing.

CommenterRichard Blackburn
LocationDate and timeJul 31, 2012, 02:11PM

:ihih:

adam_92
31st July 2012, 01:36 PM
Let's see if Melanie can make a thread with them before Rory hahaha

Nurb608
31st July 2012, 03:52 PM
Let's see if Melanie can make a thread with them before Rory hahaha

Lol, August 1St has been the date for prices for a while. I'll see if I can get in first :lol:

Melanie Kerin
31st July 2012, 05:14 PM
Glad to let you post pricing at 11.59pm (I've already seen it!). Another big day of driving through the hunter with the media and range of Opel's tomorrow ... I'll need my sleep.

Nurb608
31st July 2012, 05:17 PM
Glad to let you post pricing at 11.59pm (I've already seen it!). Another big day of driving through the hunter with the media and range of Opel's tomorrow ... I'll need my sleep.

You could always save me the time and post it now :)

Hoss
31st July 2012, 05:18 PM

Sounds like you have a tough gig Melanie. All that smoozing, dining and wining would be tiring, lol.

poita
31st July 2012, 05:18 PM
You could always save me the time and post it now :)

ROFL

I will be up still, so will let you know.
Prize for whoever posts it first? :lol:

Melanie Kerin
31st July 2012, 05:24 PM
Sorry I like my job too much!

Nurb608
31st July 2012, 05:28 PM

Was worth a shot,lol

Jen
31st July 2012, 06:03 PM

I don't blame you. Cruising through the Hunter sounds like a fantastic job!

Mohojo
31st July 2012, 06:33 PM
Personally I think that the Opel brand will struggle. The market is already overcrowded with brands. And people like to buy brands that they know. While Opel is well known in Europe, the average punter in Australia doesn't recognise it. Many (or most) Holden Astra/Vectra owners would be ignorant about the origin of their cars.

guy 27
31st July 2012, 06:40 PM
Personally I think that the Opel brand will struggle. The market is already overcrowded with brands. And people like to buy brands that they know. While Opel is well known in Europe, the average punter in Australia doesn't recognise it. Many (or most) Holden Astra/Vectra owners would be ignorant about the origin of their cars.

I completely disagree.

I can't count how many times over the years i've had my car opelised that random people have stopped and told me stories about their experiences with opels on their travels.
One of my favourites was down on the tassie cruise a couple of elderly ladies saying with a big smile on their faces "look at those Opels, I haven't seen that logo in a long time"

Mohojo
31st July 2012, 07:03 PM
I completely disagree.

I hope you are right, because I like Opels and I would like to see the the brand do well.

adam_92
31st July 2012, 07:08 PM
ROFL

I will be up still, so will let you know.
Prize for whoever posts it first? :lol:

Yep. In fact Il be about 95% home from work...

sooty
31st July 2012, 10:42 PM
I completely disagree.

I can't count how many times over the years i've had my car opelised that random people have stopped and told me stories about their experiences with opels on their travels.
One of my favourites was down on the tassie cruise a couple of elderly ladies saying with a big smile on their faces "look at those Opels, I haven't seen that logo in a long time"
Lol, that was in queenstown, was so funny

gmonkey
31st July 2012, 11:26 PM
I hear word that opel might be entering the ARC with possibly a corsa, is this true melanie? Worked well for Honda with their jazz..