PDA

View Full Version : Anyone attending the Opel launch?

opelenthusiast
23rd July 2012, 08:41 PM
Just wanted to get some feelers out there. Will be at the Adelaide Opel launch for sure, if anyone else is going could be a good opportunity to see what is being offered.

faneca
23rd July 2012, 08:47 PM
I would definitely be interested just I need to know the date and time lol.

opelenthusiast
23rd July 2012, 09:04 PM
1st of September, hindley street. will try and find out from my sources the scheduled time... :)

faneca
23rd July 2012, 09:06 PM
1st of September, hindley street. will try and find out from my sources the scheduled time... :)

Sweet well if I don't have lacrosse on that weekend then I am a definite!!

faneca
23rd July 2012, 09:08 PM
Just checked and unless we make finals (we are sitting last) our last game is on the 25th so I'm in :D

adam_92
23rd July 2012, 09:19 PM
Maybe organise a mini meet/cruise before hand and all arrive together??

faneca
23rd July 2012, 09:27 PM
I like the sounds of that, can make a day out of it. We are over due for a meet. Might need to go to a car wash before then tho haha

chris_r
24th July 2012, 06:53 PM
I like the sounds of that, can make a day out of it. We are over due for a meet. Might need to go to a car wash before then tho haha

Me too. The GSi is absolutely filthy right about now. Oh wait, I need to get off my butt and put the other engine in first. Still, that gives me a target for when I need to get the thing finished. Lets hope there's more than three members rocking up this time, lol.

faneca
24th July 2012, 08:47 PM
Haha no joke well I think we have 4 going already if we all show. My mate in his 3.2 veccy said he will be coming ( i signed him up today... Username barnsey) so there is 5.

Wraith
26th July 2012, 04:45 PM
Just checked my calender and I may be able to get there on that weekend, would be a good weekend drive up and back and catch up with 'ex' OpelAus SA member IMAY...

Is there going to be a launch in all states or just this one ??

adam_92
26th July 2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah Ian hasn't been on for a while. Last time I heard he was selling the vert and getting a 4x4 of some kind to tour Australia with the wife.

Wraith
27th July 2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah Ian hasn't been on for a while. Last time I heard he was selling the vert and getting a 4x4 of some kind to tour Australia with the wife.

He's actually done exactly that but it was a long time ago :)

He sold off his vert and got himself a Kia Sportage back in 2009...he actually made his mind up to sell the vert as far back as 2007 when I last caught up with him and his wife here in Melbourne, (same time we did that photo shoot that's currently on the face page of OpelAus)...

I havn't touched base with him for over a year and a half now, so maybe this is the incentive to do so and catch up as well as checking out the Opel launch :)

adam_92
27th July 2012, 02:16 PM
It would be good for the adelaide boys to meet you too mate I know Ian did a trip interstate in the vert a while back and said that the vert just wasn't up to it

faneca
30th July 2012, 10:53 PM
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc363/aif1992/2c9044f9.jpg
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc363/aif1992/8bff9b69.jpg

It's getting closer!!!
Don't know who saw this but it was in carsguide yesterday, only criticism I can see they made us that it doesn't have electric seats. Lol

chris_r
30th July 2012, 11:10 PM
I'd prefer manual seats anyway. One less thing to go wrong. If you absolutely have to have a switch to move your seat for you, you're probably too lazy to drive.

Yeah, it's getting closer. Closer to watching the Opel spotting threads going into meltdown, lol.

poita
30th July 2012, 11:11 PM
and be like glenn's tiguan seats, super slow to move around

boorny88
30th July 2012, 11:43 PM
Anyone know when they launch in perth ad what dealer

ChrisMaz
31st July 2012, 01:08 AM
Anyone know when they launch in perth ad what dealer

Barbagallo Opel and Burswood Opel (Next door to BMW and Mini)

Come on Matty, you had your head in the sand for the past Month? :p

boorny88
31st July 2012, 01:40 AM
When are they launchy and opening?

rjastra
31st July 2012, 01:43 PM
GTC 1.4 review http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/first-drive-opel-astra-gtc-20120730-239gy.html

Apparently prices will be revealed tonight (tues) after midnight

Wraith
31st July 2012, 04:00 PM
It would be good for the adelaide boys to meet you too mate I know Ian did a trip interstate in the vert a while back and said that the vert just wasn't up to it

That's odd, on that same trip I remember him telling me he loved the long drives in the vert, the problem being space and practicality - he wanted more of that hence the Sportage :)

But yes if I make it there for the launch I'll definitely look forward to meeting you peeps from SA :)

I'd prefer manual seats anyway. One less thing to go wrong. If you absolutely have to have a switch to move your seat for you, you're probably too lazy to drive.

I'll give you a lend of my Merc for a week with full auto/electric everything especially the awesome custom position/memory electric seats and I reckon you'll never want to go back to anything manual or non auto ever again LOL :D

chris_r
31st July 2012, 11:24 PM
Only about 18 months back I spent a couple of days in a W204 C200 CGI four door with the 1.8 direct injected turbo. Was very nice to drive, even for an auto. Luxury for sure compared to what I'm used to, but it's something I'm also capable of living without.

Wraith
1st August 2012, 01:13 PM
Only about 18 months back I spent a couple of days in a W204 C200 CGI four door with the 1.8 direct injected turbo. Was very nice to drive, even for an auto. Luxury for sure compared to what I'm used to, but it's something I'm also capable of living without.

That's fair enough, was only joking about the whole thing :)

I too can live without those things because none of my other cars have them anyway, but everytime I do get into something else (bar my vert which is totally customised to my personal taste) I always want to revert back to my Merc all the time, reason being I'm missing all the kit that's missing from everything else...

chris_r
1st August 2012, 09:35 PM
I think I understand what you mean. I just happen to be the opposite sometimes, especially when it comes down to the raw driving experience. Kinda miss the days of driving a Datsun 200B with a mental twin Weber fed L20B with a lumpy as hell 72 degree cam. No luxury at all, just the sound of a screaming engine that'd hit 9000rpm in an instant.

Back on topic though, this launch is only a month away now :)

faneca
1st August 2012, 09:39 PM
You know that means you have to have the gsi done in less than a month ;)

I will have a word with Adam an see if we can arrange a nice place to meet up.

Ps suggestions welcome. I contacted Opel Adelaide or at least their enquiry email about their grand opening. Hope to hear back from them tomorrow.

adam_92
1st August 2012, 10:10 PM
Will talk about a good meet point this Saturday at lacrosse club mate... That's if your going?

faneca
1st August 2012, 10:14 PM
Will talk about a good meet point this Saturday at lacrosse club mate... That's if your going?

I think we both know the answer to that!

But yeah sounds like a good idea hope we have some good numbers to this meet lol

adam_92
1st August 2012, 10:18 PM
Yeah I know you will be there but I'm guessing there's no functions or shit going on? Hopefully get some decent numbers.

faneca
1st August 2012, 10:21 PM
Yeah I know you will be there but I'm guessing there's no functions or shit going on? Hopefully get some decent numbers.

No functions that I know of haha you gonna actually watch a game?

Also I was thinking we can make A thread about it and ask other SA members where they wanna meet.
Also need to work out parking in the city :/

chris_r
1st August 2012, 10:57 PM
You know that means you have to have the gsi done in less than a month ;)

Haha, yeah. Hoping to have it done in two weeks, maybe three at the most. If all else fails, steal the old man's SB City and dodgy some Opel badges up for it, lol.

Wraith
3rd August 2012, 04:58 PM
I'm still working on being there on that launch date - so far it falls on a period that I have some time off work in, fingers crossed nothing else comes up...

I'll let you guys know when the date comes closer if it's definitely happening for me and try organise a meet time/place :)

faneca
3rd August 2012, 05:04 PM
I'm still working on being there on that launch date - so far it falls on a period that I have some time off work in, fingers crossed nothing else comes up...

I'll let you guys know when the date comes closer if it's definitely happening for me and try organise a meet time/place :)

No worries at all! Adam and I are going to meet up tomorrow to discuss possible meet places and we will more than likely meet up in the Saturday 1st of sept. but will see if we can organize something for when you arrive too