PDA

View Full Version : Resell Value

BEK-46P
13th July 2012, 06:42 PM
Hey Boys and Girls,

Haven't posted for a while. Actually, been busy putting a deposit down on this lil beauty:

http://www.tune86.com/sites/default/files/pictures_photos/2011/11/white-toyota-86-rear.jpg

There's a tentative waiting period of 12 months! Which I suppose gives me a bit of time to sell my SRi...

Speaking of which, I never realised how shitty the current market value is ($12,600 - $14,500 for private value, average KMs is 80,000K-130,000K).

Is there anything I can do to increase the resell value? I've only racked up 50,000 KMs and the car is immaculate.

guy 27
13th July 2012, 06:51 PM
unfortunately theres very little you can do. you can ask towards the higher end of its value and present it in perfect condition but the longer it takes to sell the lower the value is going to get.

i have a feeling the market for used astras will come down in price when opel come out as well.

congrats on the new car though.

Wraith
16th July 2012, 01:08 PM
Hey Boys and Girls,

Haven't posted for a while. Actually, been busy putting a deposit down on this lil beauty:

http://www.tune86.com/sites/default/files/pictures_photos/2011/11/white-toyota-86-rear.jpg

There's a tentative waiting period of 12 months! Which I suppose gives me a bit of time to sell my SRi...

Speaking of which, I never realised how shitty the current market value is ($12,600 - $14,500 for private value, average KMs is 80,000K-130,000K).

Is there anything I can do to increase the resell value? I've only racked up 50,000 KMs and the car is immaculate.

Nothing you can do it's a buyers market when it comes to S/H cars, only special standouts which are few and far between have excellent resale value...

Just hang in there and wait for the 86 if it's what you really want, 12 month wait periods do happen - don't worry too much about the added loss of another 12 months depreciation on the Astra, or unless you can do without your car then sell it ASAP, just keep in mind your new 86 will follow down the same depreciation path, it's all part of the equation with all cars except a lucky few :)