PDA

View Full Version : Genuine MAF And O2 Sensors

Corsa SRI Guy
6th July 2012, 09:50 AM
Hi guys, as I recall with coil packs for my Corsa Sri with the z18xe motor, it isn't always a good idea!! I've gotta change my MAF sensor as well as o2 sensor and wanted feedback whether anyone had any good or bad news when it comes to getting aftermarket for both sensors or whether to stick to OEM parts.

poita
6th July 2012, 09:58 AM
From what I have experienced with the Calibra even though OEM/Genuine costs more it's a hell of a lot less trouble.

In the long run I could of bought 3 genuine of each, but stuffed around with 'equivalent' items.

guy 27
6th July 2012, 10:09 AM
+1 to poita.
I don't bother with aftermarket products unless it's the only option.

Corsa SRI Guy
6th July 2012, 03:43 PM
Ok no worries. When I shifted my MAF sensor back to normal I must have somehow damaged the filament and now the car is idling poorly and hunting and holding revs when I release the throttle. I did register an ol - fault on the fuel system on my scan tool so it could also be the o2 sensor playing up. OEM it is then :)

Corsa SRI Guy
6th July 2012, 10:36 PM
Guess what? As I just pulled into the driveway the engine light comes on and I get a p0170 fuel trim malfunction. I'm guessing it's the MAF going so I'm going to monitor the g/s and see if the sensor is operating normally tomorrow morning.

chrissn89
7th July 2012, 06:52 AM
Have a tried an ecu reset since putting the MAF around the right way?

Corsa SRI Guy
7th July 2012, 11:17 AM
Hey Chris. Yeah I did the old leaving the terminal off the battery overnight when I switched the MAF to its original position. The next morning I put terminals back on and let it idle for about 10 mins then went for a good drive and that's when it all started going a tad funny.

rwy16r
8th July 2012, 09:41 AM
definitely stick to OEM if you can afford it. I bought an aftermarket coilpack and it was all hell break loose with engine running poorly after just a few weeks.

Corsa SRI Guy
8th July 2012, 11:26 PM
Yeah I saw many dramas with dodgy AFM coil packs from a lot of members and wasn't sure if the same applied to MAF sensors. Not worth the hassle in the long run i suppose. Thanks guys :)