PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Franklin from Perth

Franklin
30th June 2012, 10:37 PM
Hi all,
Will be picking up my Vrectra 2001 CD later this week, it's a V6 sedan, 89,000kms, FSH, greenly blue in color ... And it's ready for a timing belt/water pump, have been quoted 2k from the local Holden dealer! Anyone know a competent Vectra mechanic south of the river???

Loving the forum, the advice and the help offered, hopefully I'll have a trouble free run!

guy 27
30th June 2012, 10:40 PM
welcome to OA

Feelinlucky75
1st July 2012, 09:01 AM
And it's ready for a timing belt/water pump, have been quoted 2k from the local Holden dealer! Anyone know a competent Vectra mechanic south of the river???

Welcome to OA mate!
With the water pump and timing belt i would suggest having a chat to the guys at www.autovaux.co.uk and getting the parts from there if you can wait a week or so.
If you cant wait too long then try n source parts locally, as i did my pump n timing belt on the astra last year and all up with parts and fitment it was $650. I cant see
it being much more difficult to do on the veccy.

Best of luck with it anyways...

Nurb608
1st July 2012, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the site mate

nigelh
1st July 2012, 01:23 PM
Welcome to the site,
As said get the parts from Autovaux, I don't know any mechanics south of the river but if you don't mind driving up to Wangara I know a couple of good workshops up here or if I can find time I could do the job for you. Is it a auto or manual your getting?

Franklin
1st July 2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks fellas, it's an auto. Cheers for the offer nigel, time is fairly precious (aged Mum!) so I'll stick south of the river, but appreciated nonetheless!

I noticed on service that the MAF had died but it took them a while to find it ....

btm
2nd July 2012, 09:38 AM
howdy and welcome to the site!

faneca
2nd July 2012, 09:51 AM
Welcome to OA!

ChrisMaz
2nd July 2012, 11:23 AM
Welcome to OA.

Good to see plenty of new Perth members.

Shay
2nd July 2012, 11:52 AM
Welcome to OA