PDA

View Full Version : Ready, Set…..Go! Opel Australia confirms dealer network in lead-up to launch

Melanie Kerin
27th June 2012, 04:34 PM
Ready, Set…..Go! Opel Australia confirms dealer network in lead-up to launch.

• 17 stand-alone Opel dealerships nationally
• Dealerships in every capital city of every state
• Partners with demonstrated sales and service excellence sought and secured

Opel Australia today confirmed an impressive dealership line-up in a further step towards sales commencing in September this year.

William (Bill) Mott, Opel Australia’s Managing Director, said the network was a reflection on the strength of the Opel product, and an exciting progression towards the brand’s launch in Australia.

“We are extremely proud of our Opel dealer network. Our partners include some of the nation’s most successful and well regarded dealers,” Mr Mott said.

“Their significant investment in unique, stand-alone Opel facilities is a testament to the potential they ascribe to the brand in Australia.”

Each of the 17 Opel dealerships are stand-alone facilities, selling only Opel vehicles from their showrooms. In the majority of these dealerships, the showrooms are being purpose-built for Opel.

Opel dealerships are listed below:

1. Opel Brisbane, Corner Ann Street and Commercial Road, Fortitude Valley, Qld.
2. Motorline Opel, M1 Motorway, Daisy Hill, QLD, a Motorline Group Company
3. Gold Coast Opel, 333 Southport Nerang Road, Ashmore, Qld, an AP Eager’s Company
4. Sydney City Auto, Princes Highway, Rockdale, an Australian Automotive Group Company
5. Alto Opel, Pacific Highway, Artarmon, NSW. A member of the Alto Group
6. Tynan Opel, 519 Prices Highway, Kirrawee, NSW
7. Opel of Parramatta, Church Street, Parramatta, NSW, a NGP Group Company
8. Rolfe Opel, Melrose Drive, Phillip, ACT, Rolfe Motor Corporation [No 1] Pty Ltd
9. South Yarra Opel, Corner Williams Road & High Street, Prahran, Vic. The John Blair Group
10. Rex Gorell Opel, Fyans Street, Geelong, Vic. Part of the Rex Gorell Family Group
11. Eastside Opel, 309 Whitehorse Road, Nunawading, Vic. The Jefferson Automotive Group
12. Metro Opel, Mount Alexander Road, Moonee Ponds, Vic
13. Berwick Opel, 2 High Street, Berwick. Vic. Clydevale Australia Pty Ltd
14. Adelaide Opel, Corner Hindley Street and West Terrace, Adelaide, SA. An Adelaide Motors Group Company.
15. Burswood Opel, 10 Asquith Street, Burswood, WA. A Peters Investment Group Company
16. Barbagallo Opel, Scarborough Beach Road, Osborne Park, WA
17. Performance Opel, Argyle Street, Hobart, Tasmania. Part of the Performance Automobiles Group.

Nurb608
27th June 2012, 05:22 PM
Woohoo! Five for Vic :)

guy 27
27th June 2012, 05:34 PM
looking forward to it.
Would love an invite to the opening nights of one the se qld ones. :)

faneca
27th June 2012, 05:42 PM
looking forward to it.

+1 just to the Adelaide one obviously haha
So I was a fair bit off haha, correct me if I'm wrong again but is that along side BMW and mini?

hazrd
27th June 2012, 06:10 PM
Thats awesome guys!! Berwick is literally around the corner from me so ill be sure to keep an eye out for that one :)

adam_92
27th June 2012, 06:15 PM
Woo. Yeah that's the mini/BMW garage Aaron unless there knocking maccas down...

dutchy
27th June 2012, 06:43 PM
looking forward to it.

big +1

glider
27th June 2012, 08:01 PM
also keen on checking out a qld one...

mickos
27th June 2012, 08:10 PM
Good news few in sydney

dsuhiti91
28th June 2012, 08:02 AM
Definitely keen for a QLD event!

CNBLU
28th June 2012, 11:24 AM
Will need to organise some test drives hey Adz!!

hazrd
28th June 2012, 11:25 AM
Will need to organise some test drives hey Adz!!

Providing the right permissions I think a test drive is definitely in order :D

Shaun
14th August 2012, 07:06 PM
Saw a billboard today for the new Astra GTC on the M5 motorway . Very impressed with the level of marketing surrounding the Opel range prior to Launch next month

boorny88
14th August 2012, 07:50 PM
(WA) Saw a billboard on row hwy just after the great eastern over pass looks good

ChrisMaz
14th August 2012, 08:40 PM
(WA) Saw a billboard on row hwy just after the great eastern over pass looks good

Pics or ban.

glider
14th August 2012, 09:18 PM
There is an opel billboard on the Centenary Freeway city-bound at the Jindalee (where it goes over the Brisbane River)

fteve
15th August 2012, 03:32 PM
Saw a billboard today for the new Astra GTC on the M5 motorway . Very impressed with the level of marketing surrounding the Opel range prior to Launch next month

Is that the one coming out of Campbelltown? Looks sweet as!

[OPCSRi]
15th August 2012, 04:57 PM
I'm coming Opel Moonee Ponds!!!

ChrisMaz
15th August 2012, 11:02 PM
Drove past the site where Opel Barbagallo is meant to be. Still no signage or even any sign Opel is going in there.

Can't see Perth having either opel showrooms ready at launch.

adam_92
15th August 2012, 11:45 PM
Same as adelaide one. No signage on the dealership, or even hints at opel coming other than the one billboard on south road/grange road intersection. Doesnt look as though there's much room to squeeze another manufacturer in that site either. There's BMW, mini, BMW bikes and husquarana bikes all on the one corner.

faneca
16th August 2012, 03:17 PM
Mini I would imagine are moving back in with BMW or the BMW bikes maybe?
I just want September to hurry up and get here

Jen
16th August 2012, 06:22 PM
The berwick one is the same. No signage at all and no hint they are even coming. I think we know which Melbourne dealership we will be going to though ;)

Eastside Opel
17th August 2012, 11:03 AM
Signage goes up here at eastside on the 20th.
As for september 1st, i think i will be out at Winton with a couple of brand new Opels for display:swg:

Nurb608
17th August 2012, 11:42 AM
Signage goes up here at eastside on the 20th.
As for september 1st, i think i will be out at Winton with a couple of brand new Opels for display:swg:

Need a "like" button :)

Hoss
18th August 2012, 10:47 AM
No signage in Canberra - only one dealer here.

faneca
18th August 2012, 11:03 AM
Adelaide Opel has some stuff in the windows.
It's in hindley street were the bikes are. I think they will probably end up using the mini section as the show room
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc363/aif1992/5585B20F-85A7-4801-AE69-293E5C13B328-4982-000006F60BB3CB1B.jpg

ChrisMaz
20th August 2012, 10:38 PM
Swung past Buswood opel this evening after work. Still has old BMW's sitting in it. Good looking Blue M coupe was in there though...

Looks like they are almost done painting the interior. Yellow and a dark blue/greyish colour. Will check back next week!

littlered
25th August 2012, 10:17 AM
Drove past the site where Opel Barbagallo is meant to be. Still no signage or even any sign Opel is going in there.

Can't see Perth having either opel showrooms ready at launch.

Looks like John Gardiner has pulled the pin on Renault and Joe Crisafio is moving to the old Henley site.... I reckon Opel is going to open on the KIA site next to Barbagello's main showroom.

Let's see what happens

M