PDA

View Full Version : different front lips?

KevinFok
6th December 2004, 04:23 PM
after looking at Samvac's new front lip im getting a bit confused with the the front lips cause im getting one just like that from Cal16V and he says its a Rieger gtb front extension....but it sorta looks more like the Lumma front extension......but they look really really simmular....

or am i just going crazy here :oops:

YuSuF
6th December 2004, 04:26 PM
Rieger holes are bigger

Anonymous
6th December 2004, 04:32 PM
yeh me too man :? ... i'm tending to think its the lumma one cos according to the reiger site, the height of the lip is 170mm, this front lip is definately not 170mm

R3N
6th December 2004, 07:40 PM
aren't the ones that Cal16V's selling just copies.

i'm not quite sure but i remember reading about them just being copies awhile ago on the forum

Anonymous
6th December 2004, 07:41 PM
yes they are

Mitch
6th December 2004, 07:44 PM
How much is he selling them for?

Anonymous
6th December 2004, 07:50 PM
http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=2709 there ya go mitch :D

Mitch
6th December 2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks mate.. Ohh Kamei grille $200. :)

Anonymous
6th December 2004, 08:10 PM
np i reccomend the rear exstention its really nice still have yet to puy mine on though :|

KevinFok
6th December 2004, 08:32 PM
i mean from looking at Samvac's front lip it looks a lot like the lumma one

but i cant pin point wheres the different from riegers front extension......like i can see the wholes are bigger but theres something else that looks a bit different

it seems the rieger looks a bit chunkier than the lumma one....or is it just the angle of the car....but they both looks nice

Anonymous
6th December 2004, 08:44 PM
purely because the reiger is lower imho,

i was hoping for it to be lower but im kinda glad it aint lower cos ive gotten a bit over zealous going out of driveways and going over speed humps.... already got a few chunks taken out :oops:

give it a couple of weeks i'll be up for a new one :oops:

KevinFok
6th December 2004, 09:37 PM
lolz a bit ficuses with your driving i see :P

hope ill be getting mine soon and then fitting it on :mrgreen:

then ill post mine up :mrgreen:

CAL.16V
6th December 2004, 11:41 PM
well looking at them pics i am not too sure what it is...

its meant to be a rieger gtb copy...

measured it and its 115mm high...not 170mm high as the original rieger ones are so u wont scrape around everywere

pretty much every front bar for most euro cars made by rieger has that bottom extension integrated into it but i have also seen lumma bars with the same extension...

lumma is an entirely seperate brand them rieger isnt it??

heres samvacs car again with the extension so compare to the other pics on this page...hope u dont mind....u getting the sides on by the way??

http://work.aevans.net/uploads/PBDpdqmXsPsM.jpg

rieger
http://work.aevans.net/uploads/29VR1EQnvEsB.jpg

Anonymous
7th December 2004, 06:27 AM
nah wont be putting the sides on at this stage, bit too low for my liking.......

next time i see them, will put them up against the side of the car and take a photo of them, only couple of cm clearance off the road

KevinFok
7th December 2004, 06:38 PM
Samvac how low is your car at the moment.....cause i lowered my car by 45mm... and im just wondering would my front scrap like yours as well bro

but after comparing ur front lip to the lumma one i think its more a lumma copy than a rieger copy

RK
7th December 2004, 07:22 PM
definately looks like a lumma.

CAL.16V
7th December 2004, 07:40 PM
well theoriginal reiger lip is meant to be 170mm and this one is 115mm so 5.5cm is a fair bit less so shouldnt have problems scraping i dont think...compared to the original anyway :P