PDA

View Full Version : New Vectra Owner in Perth

Turismo07
25th June 2012, 07:10 PM
Hi all,

Just discovered your forum.

Just purchased a Vectra for my wife last Fri night, but after driving it around over the weekend I'm really enjoying it! So now its 'our car'...

Its a 2004 dark blue Vectra CD sedan (the only sedan I've ever seen) 2.2lt with 144,000km's.

I feel we got it for a good price according to redbook anyway.

Over the weekend I gave it a quick wash (inside and out) and degreased the engine bay. The car was in pretty messy state (looked as if the previous owners with x2 toddlers had never cleaned it in its life), but it has come up quite nice.

Its an absolute pleasure to drive, in its price range we were looking at Corolla's, little Mazda's, little Honda's, Honda Accord's, Astra's, and even Commodore's (but fuel economy was high in our prioroties), but then once the Vectra's came onto the horizon they seemed like such great value for money and drive so much better than any of the above cars IMO. The 2.2 is not the fasted car I've driven and I'm sure the 3.2 is much better, but the little fella is still quite surprising (and still pokier than the Corolla's etc even with a bigger body). So overall we are stoke with our pruchase.

Next weekend I will do a proper detail of the car (polish etc) and simple service (oil/filter,etc).

The only thing that I don't like about the car is the faded headlights (hoping to replace them if not too much $$$), the pause between removing foot from brake and applying the throttle when taking off from a standstill (takes some getting used too, but I guess its not that bad, figure the trasnmission must be engaging nutral or something while stopped..?), and the rubbish stock headunit (will be looking to upgrade to something aftermarket).

Anyway looking forward to spending some time going through your forum :smile5:

Nurb608
25th June 2012, 07:17 PM
Welcome to the site mate!

faneca
25th June 2012, 08:37 PM
Welcome to OA!

ChrisMaz
25th June 2012, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the site mate. Good to see another vectra c kicking round. If you are interested in fitting a small lip spoiler from the 3.2. I have one going for free :)
As well as a pair of front CDXi lights (Once I replace them) They have the dreaded clouding and fading but you may be able to recover them. Take them if you want them :)

guy 27
25th June 2012, 09:03 PM
Welcome to OA

Shay
26th June 2012, 12:41 AM
Welcome mate.

if you're interesting in comin to some local events, have a look here:
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?33218-WA-Ignition-Racing-Simulated-Race-Day-%28OpelAus-Event%29

and here:
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?32792-German-Car-Day-2012

dizzydumb
26th June 2012, 01:05 PM
Welcome mate. I'm sure Chris and Shay would be your best source of any 'vectralicious' information.

Turismo07
27th June 2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks all, feeling very welcome on the forum :)!! The Vectra C is truelly an amzing car to drive for its price and class, can only imagine how much better the top of th range 3.2v6 manuals
would be...

Welcome to the site mate. Good to see another vectra c kicking round. If you are interested in fitting a small lip spoiler from the 3.2. I have one going for free :)
As well as a pair of front CDXi lights (Once I replace them) They have the dreaded clouding and fading but you may be able to recover them. Take them if you want them :)

PM sent.