PDA

View Full Version : New to site...i have Questions???

BriBri
25th June 2012, 03:32 PM
Hi All,

Unsure if this is the right spot for these questions but, here goes,

Hoping for info/help.

I been into cars for about 10 plus yrs mostly Gemini's but im looking at getting an 05 AH astra hatch which has a few probs and just wondering if it worth buying.

05 AH astra Hatch 93000kms manual 1.8 CD...
Issues are:
Drivers door window button are broken x4
drivers rear window not working at all
left mirror not working
Airbox bracket broken
aircon not working
needs wheel alignment
2 new tyres needed
Could do with a Bloody good clean but thats only a Sat morning.......
I have rang Northcity Holden (WA) and have been given a total of $2836 plus labour...

Timming belt and water pump were done at 85000km.

Is it really worth buying??? if so what a reasonable offer/Asking price.

Cheers for any info.

ChrisMaz
25th June 2012, 04:01 PM
Welcome along.

I don't know a lot about the astra's but I can say this.

My first service was at Northcity holden. for a minor service. (Fluid change safety inspection etc) they charged $1115. Later on I found they hadn't changed any of the coolant, brake fluid etc. Went through consumer affairs, and unfortunately it ended up at a dead end. As car yards such as these can charge whatever they wanted, and there wasn't enough proof to say they hadn't performed the service stated. Holden headquarters in Melbourne only cared about the Recall notice not being performed on the vehicle. For that we were given a written apology, and that was it. Not even a reschedule for the recall to be performed.

So my 2 cents. Buy your parts from autovaux.co.uk. Generally 50-75% cheaper than buying from a stealership. Even with shipping! Don't bother with Holden in Perth when it comes to servicing. You are much better off going to a trusted local mechanic.

EDIT: How much are they asking for the Astra?

dsuhiti91
25th June 2012, 06:18 PM
If they are selling it for like $7-8 grand, yes. Sounds like a bucket of heap which wasn't looked after in the first place.

BriBri
25th June 2012, 07:32 PM
Ok Sweet guys, thanks heaps.

The lady that own's the car has just packed up and moved to QLD????? and is sitting at a friend of the family's place where the owner used to live.
I have offered her "5k as is"...after i spoke with her and explaind what was wrong, she said that it was worth 8.5k but would take 6.5k but, did say that if i got prices on what needs fixing then we could work from there.

None of her friend and family want to deal with it because of the state that it is in....
It is a nice step up from my shitty bog stock Pulsar 1.6 auto.....

hhhmmm ill give it a few more days then ring her again...if no go after that then ill walk away and keep looking

Any chance someone could post a link to a few good opel sites.
Cheers Guys..

Should there be some sort of matting attached to the underside of the bonnet??