PDA

View Full Version : Opel Corsa: 1.4 turbo debuts with new All Black/All White Color Edition

Nurb608
20th June 2012, 10:45 PM
88 kW/120 hp 1.4 liter turbo ecoFLEX gasoline unit with Start/Stop system
Only 5.5 l/100 km and 129g/km CO2, 195 km/h top speed
New All Black /All White Color Edition with sporty and stylish features

http://media.opel.com/content/Pages/news/intl/en/2012/opel/06_20_opel_corsa_black_white/_jcr_content/rightpar/sectioncontainer_0/par/image.img.jpg/1340184090949.jpg

Rüsselsheim. The Opel Corsa engine portfolio is being expanded with a powerful and efficient 88 kW/120 hp 1.4 liter turbocharged ecoFLEX gasoline engine with a Start/Stop system. It will make its debut together with the new All Black/All White Corsa which is being added to the very popular Color Edition offer. The turbocharged 1.4 liter ecoFLEX unit will also be available across the rest of the Corsa line-up starting this summer.

Thanks to the fuel saving Start/Stop technology, both the three and five door Corsa variants with the 1.4 turbo ecoFLEX unit only use 5.5 l /100 km with CO2 as low as 129 g/km. The turbocharged engine which is combined with a five-speed manual transmission has a power output of 88 kW/120 hp and provides maximum torque of 175 Nm starting at 1,750 rpm. It enables a top speed of 195 km/h and acceleration from standstill to 100 km/h in 10.3 seconds. So Corsa customers who want a small yet powerful and fuel-efficient turbo engine can now opt for the Corsa All Black /All White Color Edition, starting as a three-door version (All White) at 17,810 euro (recommended retail price Germany including VAT).

Following the enhancements on the engine side, the second generation of Opel engineered manual transmissions will make its debut in the Corsa family in the fall and ensures even more precise and smooth gear shifting. Engineers achieved a reduction of friction and shift forces. The base transmission was comprehensively reworked.

New gears and modified parts including for example shift rods and the fork shaft were used. The end result is optimized shift comfort and a general improvement in cold and warm conditions.

http://media.opel.com/content/media/intl/en/opel/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/intl/en/2012/opel/06_20_opel_corsa_black_white.html?utm_medium=twitt er&utm_source=twitterfeed

guy 27
20th June 2012, 10:48 PM
if they could do all aus based models with park assist as standard i'm sure that would help boost sales. such a cool feature.

Nurb608
20th June 2012, 10:54 PM
if they could do all aus based models with park assist as standard i'm sure that would help boost sales. such a cool feature.

Insignia Notch back has it ;)

Electric parking brake

The touch operated electric parking brake on the Opel Insignia offers both increased parking security and decreased driver effort. Also in combination with Hill Start Assist and Hill Hold, both of which prevent the car rolling backwards when stopped on a hill, it gets you moving smoothly and effortlessly for increased comfort and safety.

guy 27
20th June 2012, 10:57 PM
i meant like the one where the car reverse parks itself. ;)

electric park brake is great for a city driven car.

JMZ
21st June 2012, 03:36 PM
See, i'd be really keen on these if they were a 1.6L turbo and produced over 100kW.....does the OPC and or Nurb variant do that? Surely. But will it be coming to Oz? Probably not. Shame.

Nurb608
21st June 2012, 03:39 PM
See, i'd be really keen on these if they were a 1.6L turbo and produced over 100kW.....does the OPC and or Nurb variant do that? Surely. But will it be coming to Oz? Probably not. Shame.

They will be here, but not until next year

JMZ
21st June 2012, 03:44 PM
which one? just the OPC or the Nurb.......or both?

poita
21st June 2012, 04:05 PM
We won't be getting these.

Thread moved as its European news not Aussie news ;)

Nurb608
21st June 2012, 07:09 PM
We won't be getting these.

Thread moved as its European news not Aussie news ;)

Probably wont get the "Colour Versions" but considering the motors are due for release this year, the Aus delivered ones may be getting these as the actual engines available for the ones here haven't been relased yet. If they stick with the 2013 update roll out, very possible ;) It would be similar to the Sri's in the Corsa C range.

Original post updated.

JohnBu
22nd June 2012, 11:20 AM
electric park brake is great for a city driven car.

Why do you think that Guy?

We have one on the Volvo, can't see any real advantage over a hand brake.

Plus one more thing to go wrong with it once the car gets older... l shudder to think what my pedestrian radar detection braking system is going to cost to fix in future.

Nurb608
22nd June 2012, 11:28 AM
Why do you think that Guy?

We have one on the Volvo, can't see any real advantage over a hand brake.

Plus one more thing to go wrong with it once the car gets older... l shudder to think what my pedestrian radar detection braking system is going to cost to fix in future.

Do they engage automatically when the car is turned off and keys taken out? That would be great! The amount of cars we see rolling into other cars in carparks because someone didn't use the handbrake is scary

Jen
23rd June 2012, 01:33 AM
Do they engage automatically when the car is turned off and keys taken out? That would be great! The amount of cars we see rolling into other cars in carparks because someone didn't use the handbrake is scary

Hence why I now analyze where I park and if there's a possibility of this happening. Used to happen all the time where I used to work