PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Roosters Partner with Opel Australia

Nurb608
8th June 2012, 10:59 AM
The Sydney Roosters have signed one of Europe’s largest automobile manufacturers Opel as new upper chest and lower back of jersey sponsor, further boosting the club’s corporate confidence in season 2012 and beyond.

The new partnership places the Sydney Roosters as just the third team in the NRL to replace the logo of club apparel suppliers (ISC) with that of a sponsor.

Welcoming the premium partnership with the club, Roosters Chief executive Mr Steve Noyce said:

“Like the Sydney Roosters, Opel shares a history of more than 100 years and having them join our group of premium sponsors is another great step forward for the Roosters.

“Opel has been a leading brand in Europe and we are delighted to welcome them to the Sydney Roosters stable.”

Opel Australia managing director, Mr Bill Mott said Opel was thrilled to be partnering with Roosters in the lead up to the launch of the brand this year.

“As we prepare to launch our vehicles into the Australian market we are excited to partner with a club that like Opel holds strong foundations in history and tradition along with a culture to continually advance and win.”

Opel will launch its German designed and engineered vehicles in Australia this September with a model line-up comprising the Corsa, Astra, Astra GTC coupe and Insignia.

Opel was founded in 1862, Rüsselsheim, Germany, where headquarters remain, and sell vehicles in more than 40 countries.

In 2011, Opel sold more than 1.2 million vehicles in Europe alone. Opel operates manufacturing facilities and development centres in seven European countries, employs around 40,000 people and has more than 6,500 dealers globally.

The Sydney Roosters will play their first game in jerseys featuring Opel Australia in their round 14 match against the Brisbane Broncos this Sunday, June 10 at Allianz Stadium, Moore Park.

For further information, please contact Alex Phillips – 02 8063 3834 or 0437 263 211

Customers can also register their interest at: www.opel-australia.com.au

http://media.gm.com/content/media/au/en/opel/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/au/en/2012/opel/0806_SydneyRoosterspartnerwithOpelAustralia.html

Melanie Kerin
8th June 2012, 11:41 AM
Wow the speed of this forum is going to put me out of a job ;) Thanks for sharing.

btm
8th June 2012, 11:44 AM
Booooo the roosters! :p

Cronulla Sharks were looking for a major sponsor for ages... should have jumped on that!!

faneca
8th June 2012, 12:04 PM
It's a good getting behind both afl and nrl teams, brand awareness is going to go through the roof!
Melanie do you know if there are any talks about backing soccer or basketball too?

2002_XC
8th June 2012, 12:12 PM
Wow the speed of this forum is going to put me out of a job ;) Thanks for sharing.

:lol:

Nurb608
8th June 2012, 12:35 PM

We try to be across as much as possible :)

Jen
8th June 2012, 05:27 PM
Yay dad's team! He'll be happy there's someone else supporting it

gman
8th June 2012, 06:24 PM
This is GREAT news for me, Roosters are my team!!! :D

Excellent news, well done Opel!!! :)

Numbnut
12th June 2012, 11:52 AM
Nice move, that's the Eastern seaboard pretty well covered.

Radio and T.V. ads are surely next.