PDA

View Full Version : BSA Chrome Wheels

Mitch
2nd December 2004, 05:47 PM
Hi all, I have a friend who is interested in purchasing some BSA chrome wheels. I'd just like to know if any here has them and what they think of them. Are they good quality? She was quoted $1655 with new tyres for a set of four BSA 292 wheels fitted. So she just needs to know about them before she goes and spends that money and the chrome starts peeling off or something like that.

Regards,
Mitch

Dee
2nd December 2004, 06:05 PM
i have BSA 291's and i bought them in march this year... the only problem i have with them is the brake dust eating into the chrome... but thats cos i dont wash them everyday.....

other than that i love them :)

Shazza
3rd December 2004, 03:55 AM
Yeap I got a set of BSA 291's fitted about 2 weeks ago. Got them fitted with tyres for around 1500 bucks. I'm loving them... no complaints!

AndrewH
3rd December 2004, 11:09 AM
I've just gone and searched for some pics of the BSA 291s... they look pretty good to me.

Shazza, do you have any pics of these on your car? I would love to see how they go on. Did you get the chrome finish? Also, if you don't mind, where were you able to get them for $1500?

And Mitch, do you know where your friend got quoted?

I am looking to get some 17 inch wheels pretty soon, so am interested in finding out where to go.. thanks for any help.

Dee
3rd December 2004, 11:45 AM
i know im not Shazza... but PICS HERE (http://www.boostcruising.com/members/main.php?member_id=5144) or look at the pic below

http://members.optusnet.com.au/c0mmy/donna/01.jpg

Blitzkrieg
3rd December 2004, 01:05 PM
Yeap I got a set of BSA 291's fitted about 2 weeks ago. Got them fitted with tyres for around 1500 bucks. I'm loving them... no complaints!

What is your profile ? looks pretty low man. i'm running 45s on my 17s and the ride is awesome.

Shazza
3rd December 2004, 04:01 PM
Blitzkrieg, I got Goodyear Eagle F1's 215/40's. Ride is fine, like I said I got no complaints :)

AndrewH, sorry I aint at home at present, so I dont have my digital camera... I'll post some pics over the weekend. I just got to lower my car now, it's sitting a little high :)

I love the look of the BSA 291's, but I got the Shadow Chrome... I don't like Chrome. I bought them from Australia's Best in Roselands, they guy was quoting me something like 1700 or so with some cheap and nasty tyres, but I managed to get the price down, and luckily for me he didnt have the nasty tyres in stock, so he fitted the Goodyears. I'm very happy with it all :)

gaero
3rd December 2004, 09:27 PM
Shazza we must be twins :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just got to lower my car now, it's sitting a little high

Can't be anything higher than what mine was :oops: , got it slammed at the same time 8)

AndrewH
3rd December 2004, 10:41 PM
Shazza, no problem. :)

I actually have an Astra, and was thinking about putting the BSA 291s on it... I assume they will fit?

Thanks 11-SXI for posting your pics... Nice ride. :)
Also, when you say "brake dust eating into the chrome", what do you mean exactly? Is it more than a cosmetic issue?

YuSuF
3rd December 2004, 10:47 PM
Andrew aslong as you keep them cleaned with mild soap and water

They will be fine

NUTTTR
3rd December 2004, 10:51 PM
Change your brake pads :)
The brake dust gets into every little mark and imperfection, so while the car warms up in the morning, wash the wheels.... If you have chromed stuff i'd do that!

Marty
4th December 2004, 03:37 AM
Does anyone know if these wheels (BSA 291) come in a 5 x110 PCD?

Dee
6th December 2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks 11-SXI for posting your pics... Nice ride. :)
Also, when you say "brake dust eating into the chrome", what do you mean exactly? Is it more than a cosmetic issue?

no problems ;)

the brake dust is making the chrome appear to be a black colour where all the dust sits at the outer edge of the spokes... where they join the rim :( its not a massive problem.. you cant see it unless you are up close... but it is a bugger in the fact that they will have to be re chromed eventually if i dont get better pads that dont dust as much...

btw use MORNING FRESH on ur rims ;) cleans them up brilliantly

Degen-Astra
6th December 2004, 10:40 AM

Ummm...trying to make sense of this page - http://www.bsa.com.my/wheels/291.htm

Have a look.

I dont understand the website...as Donna's (11SXI) has the 4x100 PCD but on the BSA website they appear to give a range rather than exact PCD for the sizes. Starting at 98 and going as large as 120 on both 4 & 5 stud patterns it looks like.

Best contact a Wheel Dealer to discuss.

Dee
6th December 2004, 10:55 AM
i know they come in 5-stud cos there are a few commodores up here with them on... duggo about the PCD tho... not sure of the difference from commo wheels and astra wheels....

Anonymous
6th December 2004, 11:04 AM
I wash my rims once a week with a sponge and some carwash fluid, and then a quick coat of "turtle wax". Clean and protect just like paint...

Then again, I have a lifetime warranty on finish and structure.

You get what you pay for!

I've seen some cheap-o chrome rims, get eaten alive by brake dust... left pock marks, and stains everywhere... no good.

Shazza
6th December 2004, 11:07 AM
gaero, how much did u lower your car by?

Alfonzo
6th December 2004, 04:49 PM

Ummm...trying to make sense of this page - http://www.bsa.com.my/wheels/291.htm

Have a look.

I dont understand the website...as Donna's (11SXI) has the 4x100 PCD but on the BSA website they appear to give a range rather than exact PCD for the sizes. Starting at 98 and going as large as 120 on both 4 & 5 stud patterns it looks like.

Best contact a Wheel Dealer to discuss.

Yeh that's how I understand this page. as in 17x7.5 is available in 4/5 stud patterns, right through from 98 to 120, with offsets of 35, 45 or 50.

I'd love a set, but they look sooo expensive...