PDA

View Full Version : Any one know the rules on stripping !!!

corsaford
9th May 2012, 06:46 PM
Want to strip the corsa an just leave front seats but still drive on the road do I need engineers report
I am in Victoria

Any one eles done it ?

guy 27
9th May 2012, 06:48 PM
will need to be mod plated to a 2 seater otherwise you run the risk of being defected.
it will be pretty straight forward though to get it done as its not counted as a major modification.

Nurb608
9th May 2012, 06:48 PM
How do you mean strip? As just carpet rear seats?

corsaford
9th May 2012, 09:21 PM
Rear seats carpet right through head liner just want to keep dash and seats will put the doors on a diet and recover with flat tin (colour bond) always the best. This car ain't for the looks just light weight an quick ! Have the x5 for comfort lol

Nurb608
9th May 2012, 09:47 PM
Ive been pulled over without rear seats in and haven't had an issue. Just double check the latest VicRoads Modification Guide though.

benzino
9th May 2012, 10:22 PM
I think it's only a problem if you want to re-register the car as a two seater for the cheaper rego, then they will want it checked to make sure it really is a two seater... well that's the case for NSW anyway.

I think as long as you still have the dash it will still comply with occupant safety standards (door cards might be included in that too though...)