PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker, first time poster

Wavey
30th April 2012, 11:57 AM
Hi Guys, I have been lurking here for 18 months or so, and the forum has helped me out a fair bit. My brother and I bought a SRi Barina/Corsa at the hail damaged auctions in Perth, on the spur of the moment decision without even seeing it. Got it for $1650 I think, without knowing how many Km's it had on it, or if it even ran! Towed it home, put a battery in it, it started, and it only had 92000km on it.. sweet.
The inital plan was to race it in Autocross and Khanacrosses in our car club www.bormsa.asn.au but once we cleaned it up, and it ran well, it was better than my girlfriends car, so she claimed it.. so we put a new windscreen in it and a wiper linkage, and it went straight over the pits no worries.
We have been quite impressed wth the car, it pulls pretty hard, handles well, and has not had any problems. I have changed the cam belt at, and the gear linkage, getting parts from autovaux, thanks to the forum again.

I used the car out at AHG this weekend gone, and had a chat to Shay out there, who told me to jump on here. The car went well in the Motorkhana, doing hand brake turns easy in the wet, but was a bit of a mission getting the rear to come around in the dry, and I didn't want to chew the new tyres too much. Also the Traction control is bloody intrusive, so will be ordering the loom and switch soon.

I'll see if I can get some pics up of the car soon.

We went back to the auctions a few weekends later and bought a $600 Excel to race on gravel, maybe we will get the SRi out on the gravel soon.
Wavey.

guy 27
30th April 2012, 12:01 PM
Welcome to OA

ChrisMaz
30th April 2012, 12:16 PM
Welcome along mate.

Saw a few of your motorkhana runs Yesterday, mighty good driving. :thumbs:

I'm organising a trackday out there around late June. So keep your eyes peeled on the W.A cruise section.

Corsa SRI Guy
30th April 2012, 01:06 PM
Welcome amigo! Glad to see more Corsa Sri owners coming out. Can't wait to see some pics of the beast

btm
30th April 2012, 01:55 PM
sounds like a steal! good pick up and a belated welcome to the site

Mr Kenny
30th April 2012, 02:31 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

I lurked around the forum for 3 years before posting my car up. Seems to be the way to go. :lol: