PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from the Opel Australia Team

Melanie Kerin
24th April 2012, 07:34 AM
Hi all... a quick note to introduce myself, my name is Melanie Kerin and I am the Public Relations and Events Manager with Opel Australia. We're getting closer and closer to our launch in September and I look forward to sharing with you all the news and updates in the lead up to the brand's big launch in Australia.

PaulyJ
24th April 2012, 07:38 AM
Welcome to OpelAus Melanie.
As you can see, we are all eagerly awaiting the launch of Opel in Australia.
We look forward to any news and updates you have and would love to help out in any way we can with the launch.

Paul

Nurb608
24th April 2012, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the site Melanie. Looking forward to the launch of the Opel brand in Australia and enjoying their new offers.

poita
24th April 2012, 07:47 AM
Welcome to the forum Melanie.

As said we are all very excited about Opel's launch in Australia.

Looking forward to product updates as the launch date gets closer and closer.

Cheers Peter

hazrd
24th April 2012, 07:49 AM
Hi Melanie.
Welcome to OpelAus forums!

As mentioned above. I am very much looking forward to hearing more about the launch, and more than happy to assist with anything that the Opel team may need.

Regards
Adam

2002_XC
24th April 2012, 07:58 AM
Hi Melanie, welcome to the site.

I am very much looking forward to the introduction of the Opel brand under their own banner. I worked in a holden dealership in 02 and 03 and my ex work colleagues who are still in the industry are excited about the introduction also.

Like the other have said, happy to offer my services where possible.

Kylie

gman
24th April 2012, 09:16 AM
Welcome Melanie,

As said there are plenty of Australians already flying the Opel flag and waiting for the brand to land officially.

Cheers

Glenn

guy 27
24th April 2012, 09:16 AM
Welcome to OA

sooty
24th April 2012, 09:33 AM
Welcome :thumbs:

Vectracious
24th April 2012, 09:47 AM
Welcome to the forums Melanie.

We are all looking forward to Opel cars being available for sale in Australia again, and under their own name.

Melanie Kerin
24th April 2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! It's great to hear that the excitement is out there for our upcoming launch.

Along with posting the latest news as it is released here on the forum we are also in the final stages for our Opel Australia twitter and Facebook pages for those on the social scene.

adam_92
24th April 2012, 11:00 AM
Welcome to opelaus!

faneca
24th April 2012, 11:36 AM
Welcome to OA! Can't wait for this, can't believe it's finally happening :)

MatsHolden
24th April 2012, 11:49 AM
Welcome Melanie. Looking forward to the brand launching here and checking out Opel's latest line up.

gmonkey
24th April 2012, 12:30 PM
Welcome Melanie/Opel Australia :)

If you have any job openings in Perth for aftersales work or apprenticeships with Opel. Please don't hesitate to contact me, as I would love to represent Opel. :)

Also I'm not sure if there will be any presence of new Opels in Perth in July but there is a "German Car Day" being run then and it would be great if Opel could put on a display of some of their new lineup along side us for the public to see.

Thanks
Brenton

imemi
24th April 2012, 02:35 PM
Welcome Melanie! Looking forward to the launch! Can't wait to see more Opel's out there!

Corsa SRI Guy
24th April 2012, 07:16 PM
Hi Melanie!

Can't wait to see them getting around Brisbane and where your showroom will be as well. Yay it's finally happening!!

😃

chrissn89
24th April 2012, 09:08 PM
Welcome to Opelaus. I want a Corsa VXR :-)

ChrisMaz
24th April 2012, 10:38 PM
Welcome to the Forum. We're all VERY eager to see more Opels on the road.

As Brenton mentioned. Perths German car day would be a great opportunity to reach out and expand public knowledge of Opels Impending arrival. I seem to remember in previous years Mercedes showcased a few new vehicles they included in their Australian showrooms.

Can't wait for more information!

Chris.

dutchy
25th April 2012, 09:28 AM
Welcome Melanie. As you might have read on the site, we've been waiting (and speculating) for a while now and some even have postponed buying a new car ! Look forward to more news. :smile5:

[OPCSRi]
25th April 2012, 12:42 PM
Welcome to you Melanie and the team from Opel Australia. Its been an anxious wait for the brand to come to Australia and i'm very excited to see the performance range of Opel (VXR/OPC). Hoping we all get invited to the intial launch for the Opel range in the coming months.

Cheers Steve.

Red AH SRI T
25th April 2012, 01:52 PM
Welcome! Can't wait to see the new Opel products!

btm
27th April 2012, 09:46 AM
Welcome welcome!

Hoss
29th April 2012, 11:07 AM
Welcome Opel Australia. I look forward to seeing the Opel range. It's good GM will again have a range of performance hatches to take on Ford.

kabel
29th April 2012, 05:02 PM
+1.
Welcome.
Keen to see the OPC range available here !

XLR87N
2nd May 2012, 08:29 AM
should round up a few VXR's and get pics for their social networks sites :-)

dutchy
2nd May 2012, 09:55 AM
Melanie, are you allowed to share with us which dealers will be selling Opel ?

gmonkey
2nd May 2012, 10:16 AM
should round up a few VXR's and get pics for their social networks sites :-)

I was thinking on launch day should arrange a meet with one of each model and variant (as much as possible) to show opel has been around for a while and not really a new brand to aus. Corsa b/c astra f/g/h/vxr vectra b/c calibra zafira(lol) tigra.

Vectracious
2nd May 2012, 10:18 AM
I was thinking on launch day should arrange a meet with one of each model and variant (as much as possible) to show opel has been around for a while and not really a new brand to aus. Corsa b/c astra f/g/h/vxr vectra b/c calibra zafira(lol) tigra.

Depends.... They may just want a fresh start as the association with Holden may instil some preconceived idea's in the mind of possible customers.

shoey85
4th June 2012, 08:40 PM
Depends.... They may just want a fresh start as the association with Holden may instil some preconceived idea's in the mind of possible customers.

I would if I was them as the previous Vectras were a bit of a lemon.

Nurb608
4th June 2012, 09:09 PM

Mines still going after we'll over 200k

2002_XC
4th June 2012, 10:12 PM
And don't forget my barina also had over 200k on it too...

Vectracious
4th June 2012, 10:19 PM

It was more the fact that you would take your Opel to your local Holden dealer for a simple service and unless you spoke to the "Opel guy" there, the rest of the service team would look at you and your car like you just landed from another planet because it didn't have a Buick 3800 in it.

sooty
4th June 2012, 10:23 PM
I'm surprised they even called it the 3800 and not a 232ci lol

mickos
5th June 2012, 10:50 AM
Sure there will be many more opels hitting the streets in the near future

jlgu
6th June 2012, 07:51 PM
I'd like to give a warm welcome to Mel:yesnod: