PDA

View Full Version : Rotors and Pads

Bec
17th April 2012, 10:50 AM
Hi. I have been told that I need to replace the rotors and pads. I have a 2007 Holden Astra CDTi. Is this usual with only 67 000kms on the speedo? I bought the vehicle with 48 000kms on it.
Can the discs be skimmed? What is the minimum thickness for the Astra? Should I skim or just bite the bullet and buy news rotors? What do you recommend and what price am I looking at for the rotors and pads? Don't need anything fancy. Thanks in advance.

Nurb608
17th April 2012, 11:07 AM
I'd get new ones. Speak to Greg from gslrallysport on here for best price

poita
17th April 2012, 11:30 AM
I'd get new ones. Speak to Greg from gslrallysport on here for best price

Must be why it's posted in this section then ;)

I'm sure Greg will see this

Nurb608
17th April 2012, 12:19 PM

Good point, didn't see that lol

Bec
17th April 2012, 02:14 PM

Am I in the right section? I was hoping I was in the right area for Greg to answer.

Nurb608
17th April 2012, 02:18 PM
Am I in the right section? I was hoping I was in the right area for Greg to answer.

Lol, yep you are, don't mind me :)

cdti
27th April 2012, 12:34 PM
Welcome Bec, another diesel member, great! I ordered my front discs and pads from Greg, his prices were significantly cheaper than anything else. If yours is manual (I don't know about the auto), make sure you get the bigger discs, as the standard Astra ones aren't right for the CDTi, but Greg should remember/know that now, after swapping mine. I think I did mine at about 90,000.

Thanks for the reminder, I was just told to do my rears, so I will chase Greg up too.

Sometimes you're just as well off to call him direct.