PDA

View Full Version : Z18XE ECU reflashing

redhot
11th April 2012, 09:08 PM
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to reflash the stock ECU of Astra Z18XE?

Cheers,

adam_92
11th April 2012, 09:10 PM
Yes. Contact auzvectra about it. He will be able to give you a bot more info. He has done a few

hazrd
11th April 2012, 09:17 PM
Or EDS in the UK. i believe they have tunes available also

redhot
11th April 2012, 09:57 PM
My real intention of asking the question is to get additional boost... I know that getting a turbo kit for the TS would be a bit expensive.

I have read a couple of articles that by reprogramming ECU will unlock the potential of it and would be enough.

Feelinlucky75
12th April 2012, 10:33 AM
by far the cheaper and easier route would be to drop a z20let and all its ecu in rather than trying to work around the z18xe.
90% of the blokes here will agree... the 1.8 is really not meant to be a power engine, with or without mods...
if you want a turbo, go for a z20let swap and save yourself a lot of stress and wasted time..

if you just want a tune then yeah, hit up eds or regal and see if they can help...

PaulyJ
12th April 2012, 10:45 AM
If you want a fast car, buy a fast car stock.
You can get the ecu reflashed (I did on my old Corsa and got good gains), add a intake and exhaust and yeah it'll go quicker but not as quick as you want it to go by the sounds of things.
Yes you can drop a z20let into it but again that's a lot of fking around when you can just go buy an Astra Turbo and be done with it.

Feelinlucky75
12th April 2012, 10:49 AM
If you want a fast car, buy a fast car stock.
You can get the ecu reflashed (I did on my old Corsa and got good gains), add a intake and exhaust and yeah it'll go quicker but not as quick as you want it to go by the sounds of things.
Yes you can drop a z20let into it but again that's a lot of fking around when you can just go buy an Astra Turbo and be done with it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this :wink5:

dutchy
12th April 2012, 11:05 AM
you can get cams that'll give you gains of up to 15 bhp. A tune only will give you about 140 bhp and about 20 nm of torque increase. Not cheap though.

poita
12th April 2012, 11:14 AM
a turbo conversion on the x18 your lookin at $4k plus easily if done properly.

so you have to weigh it up, as said.

so either do a z20let conversion, or be done with it and buy an astra g turbo

then you have a better base to build from to modify further.

Numbnut
12th April 2012, 06:50 PM
Let me know if you sort out a reflash. I'd like mine done too.

redhot
12th April 2012, 10:49 PM
Well it's more of tune, I must say... I have replaced my intake and extractors...

If I can get something out of the stock ECU, I would probably go for it.

dutchy
12th April 2012, 10:54 PM
Well it's more of tune, I must say... I have replaced my intake and extractors...

If I can get something out of the stock ECU, I would probably go for it.

Well it seems you can though gains are not massive.

poita
13th April 2012, 01:11 AM
Corsa sri is 86kw atfw after having it done

PaulyJ
13th April 2012, 08:29 AM
With extractors, full exhaust, intake and tune should see you around 92-95kw atfw
If you end up getting a set of cams too you may be hitting 100kw atfw (approx 120 at the fly)
Not bad and will go hard