PDA

View Full Version : whats to do to my astra????

scrapster
29th November 2004, 09:31 PM
Hey all,

I havent really got a clue what to do to my new astra, i was goin to get a sportivo corolla but eventually i did see the light & picked up a new SRI turbo at a steel.. Ya gotta love Zupps..

So, I've done the stereo.. But now Im lookin at doing the ZORST, whats the recomended solution??? Remus??? I know the springs I want - Eibach.. & then im wanting some sort of chip, unichip??

Help me..

I'll have to come for a opel cruise soon...

Cheers

OPC
3rd December 2004, 11:16 AM
oh dude.... theres alot of wasted space there and also unnecessary weight gain...

try a smaller sub box...

i dont know much about zorst systems but if u just want noise go cat back 2 1/2"
myself have done turbo back standard cat 2 1/2" with stainless muffler with a 4" tip and have had people say it sounds sweet but it may also be the huge K&N POD STRAIGHT OUTTA THE TURBO that helps with the beautiful turbo flutter sound...

and chips well cant help ya there cos havent done that yet...
but ive heard power chip is the way to go...

FLY-SRi
3rd December 2004, 12:45 PM
yerp speaking from experience...Powerchips is the way to go!
dont go any bigger then 2 1/2" zorst

silvestra
3rd December 2004, 09:48 PM
Unichip is another alternative also. (Speaking from experience). Both chips have their upsides and downsides. Powerchip is good for Warranty/Cost issues if you don't go further than exhaust and filter and Unichip has more power if you are willing to have the wires of your ECU cut into and are after more flexibility with future mods. Depends what you are trying to achieve. There are a huge amount of posts precisely on this topic in the Turbo section.