PDA

View Full Version : Caltex's Answer to BP-Ultimate

NXA-16H
29th November 2004, 03:56 PM
During the weekend, I noticed with surprise that Caltex has now released a 98-RON PULP with the same cleaning properties as their current Vortex-PULP.

Needless to say, it's called VORTEX-98.

http://www.caltex.com.au/product_images/Product322.gif

Don't know as yet what the comparison in price is between IT and BP-Ultimate, but I can only assume that it would be pretty close, or identical.

Now it seems at the moment, that only a handfull of Caltex Servos stock Vortex-98 in NSW. But I assume that it's also available interstate.

I actually filled-up with it on the M4 at Eastern Creek.

Tell us what you guys think, if you've also used it.

David
NXA-16H

Rhino
29th November 2004, 05:19 PM
Not likely that we'll (WA) get that one for a while.

We don't have Shell Optimax either...

NUTTTR
29th November 2004, 11:08 PM
I bought bloody shell unleaded the other day (side note) and it runs horribly in the 2.2L, the car obviously pinging under initial load! I've not used anything but ultimate ever and thought one tank of normal would be fine... obviously not!!!

Hasn't vortex been around for a while anyway? (i don't know if it has)

OPC
30th November 2004, 09:12 AM
yeah i filled up with it the other day too on the m4 but couldnt tell any diff...

Anonymous
30th November 2004, 10:02 AM
NUTTTR, knocking I think is the right term, as opposed to pinging.

Don't opels have a knock sensor to avoid knocking from occuring????????

Dee
30th November 2004, 10:03 AM
damn you guys are a bit behind... us QLD'ers have had that for a few months already.... i think that was out about the same time as BP Ultimate....

NUTTTR
30th November 2004, 10:15 AM
NUTTTR, knocking I think is the right term, as opposed to pinging.

Don't opels have a knock sensor to avoid knocking from occuring????????

Pinging is pre-detonation, which happens with crap fuel and more advance on the timing than the fuel will allow, which is what i'm guessing has happend...
They Do have a sensor, but it has to knock/ping before it will retard it enough to stop it knocking/whatever!
Aaron

Anonymous
30th November 2004, 10:32 AM
LOL, come to think of it, it is the same sound.. I just alwasy associate pinging with my mates skyline :P :P :P

I have a caltex around the block from me, so I'm stoked. :P

rjastra
30th November 2004, 11:47 AM
The correct term is pinking (believe it or not!!)