PDA

View Full Version : Sunroofs

b00e
29th November 2004, 10:32 AM
Hey guys,

I was just wondering can anyone recommend a good place to get a sunroof installed.

Cheers,

Michael

OPC
3rd December 2004, 11:18 AM
why dont you PM onenutsbigger cos they have a sunroof....

Rhino
3rd December 2004, 01:51 PM
Cringe at the idea of an aftermarket sunroof.

Are they more reliable than they used to be?

InsaneAsylum
3rd December 2004, 02:17 PM
yeah i'd like to know the same thing... i like them but the vectra GL doesn't have a sunroof.. i'd consider one, but i know too many people who got wet when it rained. another guy i know tapped his up because of water leakage, but then it wouldn't work.

Benny-o
3rd December 2004, 02:58 PM
I got one when i got my astra, from prestiege sunroofs. pretty impressed with it think it cost me about $1800. But straight up i have had a few minor problems. After contineous use around every 6months it doesn't seem to align itself properly when shut, it's only out by the smallest of fractions but inturn increases a bit of road noise and the wind passes by it etc.. When u close the inner lining it's fine but just thought i'd tell u straight up. Oh and it'll lower your roof a bit too so keep in mind. I'm just over 6foot, but it's no problem.

think they have a website
Prestigesunroofs.com.au (http://prestigesunroofs.com.au)

Pretty sure they're australia wide, not sure though..

They have 3 years warranty provided you service it every 6 months or something.. something i've never done..

hope that helps

InsaneAsylum
3rd December 2004, 03:04 PM
the price is enough to tell me I can stick it :mrgreen:

Benny-o
3rd December 2004, 03:16 PM
Yeah it's a fair luxury item, but hey, wat else do u spend your / the banks money on??!! I love it, and i don't think i could buy another car without one, but ur right they aint cheap.

NB: the price is for an eletric one, and good quality - never come close to leaking etc..

Mrs T
3rd December 2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah i got one when brought my astra t, the place is called city sunroofs i paid about $1800 to, it is almost a year old now and i havent had one problem with it.

if your interested pm me and ill give you the details. the dealership orgainised the sunroof so it is the company they recommended

Mr T
3rd December 2004, 06:07 PM
Cringe at the idea of an aftermarket sunroof.

Are they more reliable than they used to be?

I hope so.

So far so good, the only factory fitted sunroof that I know about is on the Vecra International and optional on Vectra CDXi. Not even Holden or HSV do one. :screwy:

p.s CitySunroofs are at fivedock.

Rhino
3rd December 2004, 06:23 PM
Does slide mechanise go up and back, or down and back?

Glass sunroof with internal 'blind', or metal only outer like the Prelude?

silvestra
3rd December 2004, 09:29 PM
I got Holden to do one before I picked it up and it is da bomb. I'm spoiled by it and can now never own a car without one. It was about 2k on top of the price of the car and is a 'Webasto'. Never had any probs with it. It can go up like 'onenuts' and completely retracted inside the roof steel. I believe they also strenthened the roof with extra steel to prevent any flexing.

aussievectra
5th December 2004, 03:40 AM
Why don't you try prestige sunroofs, my dad has one on his WRX and has no problems.

Mr T
8th December 2004, 04:21 PM
I got Holden to do one before I picked it up and it is da bomb. I'm spoiled by it and can now never own a car without one. It was about 2k on top of the price of the car and is a 'Webasto'. Never had any probs with it. It can go up like 'onenuts' and completely retracted inside the roof steel. I believe they also strenthened the roof with extra steel to prevent any flexing.

Yeah same here, it slides back in between the interior lining and the sheet metal.