PDA

View Full Version : Astra AH Turbo - noise not sure where or what

woody
13th March 2012, 01:04 PM
Hi All,

I have an Astra AH Turbo and when i bought it i noticed that there was a noise - almost like wind noise from a roof rack, on closer inspection i noted that the roof rail covers were all missing so i sent overseas for a new set and just recently put them on, however this has not resolved the noise, the review note that the Astra AH Turbo does suffer from excessive road noise but i'm not sure this is what occurring - before i take it in to my mechanic has anyone else had an issue similar or have any ideas on things to check? Sounds like it is coming from the rear of the car, it's not too loud and is really like a wind noise, not a grinding like a bearing or anything, I mean if you have the stereo on you barely notice it.

Any thoughts or things to check would be appreciated - i still have month mechanical warranty on the car so i need to make sure it's nothing nasty before that runs out.

JohnBu
13th March 2012, 04:10 PM
It's hard diagnosing noise.

My Volvo had a rattle at over 80kph that sounded like it originated from the passenger side dash. Ended up being the side mirror.

Since the wind sound is from outside, is it the original windscreen?

I had wind noise due to the aftermarket windscreen in the Astra, it was the strip between the glass and body.

New windscreen & strip 7 years later, no noise.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

JohnBu
13th March 2012, 04:13 PM
Tim, I'm certain, wind noise won't be covered under mechanical warranty, Would be difficult to even claim under new car warranty.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

woody
14th March 2012, 10:55 PM
Hi guys, yeah. Not thinking it IS actually wind noise just that's the closest way to describe it, I'll have to get someone to sit in the back and try and figure out where it's coming from

Nurb608
15th March 2012, 08:55 AM
Fuel pump?

woody
20th March 2012, 09:07 AM
Fuel pump?

worth checking.