PDA

View Full Version : New Subaru Imprezza

poita
26th February 2012, 04:43 PM
Looks like the last of the good Subaru's has been and gone.

Not a good review for them

http://smh.drive.com.au/first-drive-subaru-impreza-20120224-1ttbh.html

Better fuel consumption and a classier interior can’t mask the uninspiring engine.

If you think the new Subaru Impreza looks conservative then wait until you drive it. Tony Abbott is a carbon tax-loving hippy by comparison.

Designed to drink less fuel, expel fewer emissions and offend less potential buyers with its anodyne looks, the Impreza sedan and hatch range prove themselves on the road to be inoffensive but also somewhat uninspiring.

Much of the issue revolves around the character of the new 2.0-litre boxer engine, which delivers a competitive 196Nm of pulling power (torque), but at a rather high 4200rpm.

Advertisement: Story continues below
That means the Impreza feels slow when accelerating away from the lights, tight corners or up a steep hill.

In the manual you will find yourself shuffling back through plenty of gears to get impetus, while in the auto you’ll have to listen to the obtrusive whine of the continuously variable transmission as it responds slowly to the throttle.

http://images.smh.com.au/2012/02/24/3070677/MY12-Impreza-2-0i-L_4_729-420x0.jpg

Silver Surfer
26th February 2012, 04:48 PM
Next wrx will be stand alone models so dont dispair

Silver Surfer
26th February 2012, 04:50 PM
despair rather

sooty
26th February 2012, 06:29 PM
Yep, wrx and STi are standalone so the retirees can have their boring impreza.
The BRZ isn't bad looking anyway, Pete

Vectracious
26th February 2012, 09:20 PM
In that photo it looks huuuuge..

Sent from the MAGI.

metry
27th February 2012, 12:11 PM
In that photo it looks huuuuge..

+1

looks more like a liberty

gmonkey
27th February 2012, 07:27 PM
i thought it was a liberty looks almost the same! also thankfully the wrx/sti is going to be different or thatd be the death of subaru sales

Hoss
27th February 2012, 07:55 PM
Yep, wrx and STi are standalone so the retirees can have their boring impreza.
The BRZ isn't bad looking anyway, Pete

I'll have you know I'm a retiree and would prefer an STi, you young whipper snipper.

sooty
27th February 2012, 07:57 PM
I'll have you know I'm a retiree and would prefer an STi, you young whipper snipper.

Bahaha, sorry mate, you give me hope that in nearly 4 decades I'll still have a good taste in cars :P

ChrisMaz
28th February 2012, 05:23 AM
Subaru seem to be heading down the toyota route. Hopefully STi doesn't turn into TRD...