PDA

View Full Version : Inline transmission coolers, anyone used/know about em?

gmonkey
23rd February 2012, 04:06 PM
Hey guys looking at getting one of these for my celica, anyone used or know if they are any good?? By what ive read lots of hotrods and v8s use them so can't be that bad right??

heres example or one

http://vpw.com.au/productgroup.asp?CatID=14&SubCatID=861&priorCatID=861&PrdGrpID=4858

thinking about one as dont have much space to work with

Nurb608
23rd February 2012, 04:23 PM
Depends if you really need on. They are oe on a fair few vehicles. That place is where my replacement oil cooler is from

gmonkey
23rd February 2012, 04:33 PM
well the g/box had one in the radiator before stock and has all the piping leading nowhere so have to put one in.. new custom radiator has no oil cooler so need one to fit

edit-

VPW is where i went for a job, but i didnt know enough about pushrod engines only modern engines so didnt get the job :p ahha

benzino
23rd February 2012, 06:03 PM
those aren't really that effective for cooling...

those fins are tiny for the job
but if you can't physically fit a traditional oil cooler, it's better than nothing... it's just not as effective

gmonkey
23rd February 2012, 06:31 PM
they have the same surface area as a traditional style cooler. The fins really are no different to fins you find on standard ones except they are rolled into a circle rather than stacked..

Nurb608
23rd February 2012, 06:48 PM
well the g/box had one in the radiator before stock and has all the piping leading nowhere so have to put one in.. new custom radiator has no oil cooler so need one to fit

edit-

VPW is where i went for a job, but i didnt know enough about pushrod engines only modern engines so didnt get the job :p ahha

If it had one stock, i'd put one in for piece of mind. Can't hurt. Same reason I have an oil cooler on my car.

nigelh
23rd February 2012, 10:39 PM
Like thats a waste of money. I sure I can find you something that would do the job, The cars still in perth right?

gmonkey
23rd February 2012, 10:50 PM
yeh man cars still over there up on jacks and no engine fully in yet..

space between radiator and engine is about 5cm, and i still need to put fans and piping in there :p

nigelh
23rd February 2012, 11:00 PM
best to put it in front of the radiator anyway. even a heat exchange from a FG would be better than that. when your back over here let me know and I will find something for you.

gmonkey
23rd February 2012, 11:40 PM
cheers nigel