PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Sydney.

Lescandale
16th February 2012, 08:34 PM
Hey guys, I'm brand new here. My name is Jarid and I'm only 18 and learning.
I've grown up with a pretty big background of 'motor magic' and it's taken me this long to be thoroughly interested in anything with an engine (Even rotaries!)
I live in a national park which makes my daily drive a little more enjoyable. I'm here on Opel aus to not only learn about my car, but to one day contribute
towards teaching other people that are pretty much like me at the moment.

I drive a 1.8, 2000 astra G. And at the moment it's pretty stock. I'm hoping to meet a few blokes that'll help me get the ball rolling.
It's an honor and not to mention a privilege to be around knowledgeable and talented people like yourselves.
Thanks for having me.

JohnBu
16th February 2012, 08:35 PM
Welcome..

How long have you had it for?

Auto or manual?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Lescandale
16th February 2012, 08:38 PM
I've been saving up since I was about 13 and purchased it August 2011, It's a manual.

faneca
16th February 2012, 08:54 PM
Welcome to OA! heaps of knowledge to find on the site and it won't take you long to find it. Lol.

Do you have any pics of your car? An any ideas on what your going to modify?

Lescandale
16th February 2012, 09:04 PM
I've got a few pics I'm going to upload tomorrow.
I don't want to go straight into the "deep" end so to speak. But a few things I want to do are.

Put 16-17inch rims on her.
Lower the car (Not a whole deal lot, I think it's just sitting a bit high at the moment)
Replace the panel filter with a pod.
Tint the windows
Add a new front bar
Rear spoiler

From there I'll pretty do little jobs as they come. My dad is helping me along with the car so I'm pretty greatful I can do a lot of these things in my garage.

faneca
16th February 2012, 09:12 PM
You have a nice looking list! I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

guy 27
16th February 2012, 09:14 PM
Welcome to OA

Lescandale
16th February 2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks mate. Hopefully when I progress to third year it'll become less of an obstacle financially.
Thanks for the warm welcomes

Nurb608
16th February 2012, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the site mate!

PaulyJ
17th February 2012, 07:56 AM
Yeah welcome to the site mate!
You should find anything you need here, and if you don't just ask.

btm
17th February 2012, 08:57 AM
howdy and welcome to the site!

Lescandale
18th February 2012, 03:16 PM
Sutherland shire BTM?

Here are some pictures, hopefully it won't look like this for too much longer.
http://screensnapr.com/e/5MOp0a.png
http://screensnapr.com/e/ulmyiv.png

imemi
18th February 2012, 06:46 PM
Welcome! Nice to have another Sydney sider around. Nice little car and im sure you'll be fine with gathering info here (im utilising the brain bank here too. Hopefully a lot more over time...)

Lescandale
18th February 2012, 11:16 PM
Welcome! Nice to have another Sydney sider around. Nice little car and im sure you'll be fine with gathering info here (im utilising the brain bank here too. Hopefully a lot more over time...)

I know what it's like, I've just got my hand on a heynes manual and It's like I'm cramming for school all over again.

imemi
20th February 2012, 01:57 PM
I know what it's like, I've just got my hand on a heynes manual and It's like I'm cramming for school all over again.

Haha I know that feeling. I've got three manuals at home staring at me saying 'read meeee' and one calibra sitting there neglected until I can arrange a better space to work in, considering it keeps raining...

make sure u hit up the cruise thread there should be one soon.

Feelinlucky75
22nd February 2012, 05:21 PM
Hey mate, welcome to OA,

If you are interested we are organising a cruise for late next month, welcome to join if you want :D
www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?32375-NSW-National-Park-Cruise-to-Shellharbour-(please-vote-in-the-poll)