PDA

View Full Version : Today's latest mod

R3N
26th November 2004, 04:12 AM
Well... exams are over, holidays have started... So I decided to spend some time doing up my car, after seeing |OPEL|'s latest attempt, I decided to copy it! :lol: except a little different

here are some pics:
http://users.on.net/~kuekwei/speedo.jpg
http://users.on.net/~kuekwei/speedo2.jpg
http://users.on.net/~kuekwei/speedo3.jpg

This little project was a nightmare, the spray can was almost empty and then suddenly it came out alot at once and made an area too thick. Long story short I spend ages trying to fix it and it wasn't as nice as last night.

Another problem, see what's wrong with the second pic? No odometer? The odometer's still there and showing but very very dim, I don't know what happened... I didn't touch any of the electrical bits... Any ideas?

Degen-Astra
26th November 2004, 10:03 AM
Odometer.

Check the globe. Make sure it hasnt been twisted to a semi locked in position, therefore only creating a small amount of contact between the globe itself and the circuit board.

Anonymous
26th November 2004, 10:32 AM
nice work man i got another mod for you all but your gonna have to wait till the blue mnts cruise to see it :D

OPC
26th November 2004, 10:34 AM
nice work man i got another mod for you all but your gonna have to wait till the blue mnts cruise to see it :D

did u buy the turbo ??? :lol:

Anonymous
26th November 2004, 10:36 AM
i wish!!! nah that wont be even possible untill next year jan LJ :cry: ah well i can wait!! :D

Dee
26th November 2004, 11:03 AM
i dunno about the astra's but the corsa's have a dimmer switch for the lights in the dash.. its located next to the fog light buttons ;) it may well be that....

woody
26th November 2004, 11:26 AM
i dunno about the astra's but the corsa's have a dimmer switch for the lights in the dash.. its located next to the fog light buttons it may well be that....

That would dimm all the illumination not just the odometer.

Mitch
26th November 2004, 12:10 PM
That looks good. What did |OPEL| do? I missed it...

Anonymous
26th November 2004, 12:36 PM
here you go mitch :D

Mitch
26th November 2004, 12:42 PM
Nice. I was meant to do mine the same as that except for the part around the tacho and that but i was busy with work and needed to drive the car so didn't have time to have it pulled apart so i only did the centre bit and the two top vents. I'm going to get it all done again by a spraypainter when my car goes in to get a few scratches fixed up.

Anonymous
26th November 2004, 12:43 PM
nice nice yea i shoulda gotten my pro done, hehe ah well

Dee
26th November 2004, 01:57 PM
i dunno about the astra's but the corsa's have a dimmer switch for the lights in the dash.. its located next to the fog light buttons it may well be that....

That would dimm all the illumination not just the odometer.
stupid me, ill crawl back into my hole now

Anonymous
26th November 2004, 02:09 PM
ok so i couldnt wait till the cruise to show everyone my new mod hehe, anywauys here it is, please excuse the mess :P

YuSuF
26th November 2004, 03:13 PM
LOL had a fealing you where going to have trouble holding back the suprise

Looks mighty Dandy!(If thats a word??? must be the weather)

wishbone
26th November 2004, 03:45 PM
wow that turned out well..
but it sorta looks cracky?
didn't sand it well enough?
im not sure though.. myt just be my eyes

Anonymous
26th November 2004, 04:00 PM
nah i didnt want it to be smooth, it has the same texture as the black has, sorta rough i dunno hehe i did it on purpose though

EGG80X
26th November 2004, 07:51 PM
looks wicked

R3N
26th November 2004, 08:04 PM
any other ideas about the bulb being dim?

Might as well have a few things to try when I take it back out

Anonymous
27th November 2004, 11:53 AM
hmmmm, maybe try taking it out and putting it back in? maybe, one of the plugs isnt in properly try undoing it and doing it back up, i took the white clip off its mount, plugged it all in then put the whole unit plugged in back to its original position it was much easier and you can see that everyone is all snug and connected :D

R3N
28th November 2004, 08:07 PM
Ok, had a look today everything appears to be in order

I tried to swap a bulb into that position... VOILA! it works... So it's the bulb that's causing me problems... So I need new dash bulbs, might as well get coloured ones while I'm at it