PDA

View Full Version : Brake pad selection for 02 Sri

Anonymous
25th November 2004, 01:08 PM
Hi guys,

its time for me to replace both front rotor and pad after 100K of travelling.

I am looking at EBC greenstuff sports pad and is a bit confused by their catalogue.

It has DP21183 for the ABS model and DP21062 for the Conv, Sri, Turbo model. Which one is the correct one for my car? I am under a bit of time pressure today as my car is in the workshop, so any early response would be appreciated!

by the way which rotor do you guys think I should get? DBA slotted or EBC slotted ones (more expensive)?

SmellyTofu
25th November 2004, 03:35 PM
http://www.opelaus.com/~opela58/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=196&highlight=ebc+pads+abs&sid=d17e9e1b837a806d2ac335f068db2e41

I was under the impression the 1183 also fits the turbo as it uses the same calipers (and pads) except the rotors and caliper holders are different.

In short, use the 1183 prefix.

Degen-Astra
25th November 2004, 06:27 PM
I am with ST on this...DP 21183...thats what I am looking at getting on mine.

As for rotors....I used to run EBC Turbogroove discs on the front. They were firm and braked to a standard level on light, medium light braking. Heavy braking they were less likely to fade (matched with Greenstuff pads) somewhat noisier naturally. But not to much.
But this time around I am going to go the DBA Slotted rotors. As I have heard better things and reports with DBA's over EBC. But to be honest the EBC were still good to play with.

Anonymous
26th November 2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

I think I will go with DBA slotted this time, together with EBC greenstuff DP21183.

Do anyone know where is a better place to get these items other than autospeed?

Namus
26th November 2004, 09:18 PM
i have DBA slotted rotors on mine with lucas pads; lucas are better than bendix...DBA's with ABS stop like a rich fag in front of dog poo...

Degen-Astra
26th November 2004, 09:57 PM
Gforce - Seeing as DBA is located in NSW (not sure where) see if you can buy wholesale directly from them. As for GS pads, should be able to score them thru most brake shops as they will have some deals or at least contacts to get them in.