PDA

View Full Version : Advice re selling

InsaneAsylum
19th January 2012, 03:33 PM
OK so I'm playing with the idea of selling my car within the next 12 months and I'm after your advice based on experience on which direction I should go in. i'd be hoping to get between 5 and 6k. even though the car is much more well looked after than 99% of vectras out there, the resale is still going to be shit.

car is '99 JS vectra series 1 sedan. 2.2 manual. ~153,000kms

option 1: sell with lowered suspension, 17" alloys, exhaust system, opel badges front and rear.

option 2: convert back to holden badges, stock 15" alloys, stock quiet muffler. leave suspension lowered (pain in the ass to put the stock springs back in. sell rims on ebay.

so what do you think, will I have better luck with a P plater looking for their first car or grandparents looking for reliable transportation to their local lawn bowling club?

gmonkey
19th January 2012, 03:38 PM
honestly difference between with mods and without is no extra $$.. may aswell sell mods seperate to get some extra $$ if its not too much of a hassle/costly to remove them

InsaneAsylum
19th January 2012, 03:56 PM
sure, i'm not expecting mods to increase the value of the car. that's just not how it works, except if you are habib from campbellfield and you are selling your ex autosalon winning VL turbo with the description "will turn heads"

i doubt i'd get much for the wheels, maybe enough to pay for a quiet muffler to be put on. cost in negligible, but what i'm really trying to gauge is the best strategy to sell the car ie. what audience will it appeal to most?

gmonkey
19th January 2012, 04:00 PM
most people oversee wheels, an exhaust may scare some away if it is loud but.. they also probably wont notice its lowered unless you tell them

Vectracious
19th January 2012, 05:04 PM
i doubt i'd get much for the wheels, maybe enough to pay for a quiet muffler to be put on. cost in negligible, but what i'm really trying to gauge is the best strategy to sell the car ie. what audience will it appeal to most?

Unless you sell it someone on here - Treaceiy Nevaeh from Frankston/Moe/Boganville an 18 year old chick will buy it, and completely destroy it - make sure you put the Holden badges back on though - because the bogans don't know what Opel's are.

InsaneAsylum
19th January 2012, 05:10 PM
Unless you sell it someone on here - Treaceiy Nevaeh from Frankston/Moe/Boganville an 18 year old chick will buy it, and completely destroy it - make sure you put the Holden badges back on though - because the bogans don't know what Opel's are.

thanks pete, will make sure I put a southern cross sticker on the back window and sell it as "farken holden farken southern cross edition, one of a farken kind"

Vectracious
19th January 2012, 05:15 PM
thanks pete, will make sure I put a southern cross sticker on the back window and sell it as "farken holden farken southern cross edition, one of a farken kind"

that's next to the Unit sticker of course.

And I am serious BTW - personally I reckon cut your losses and save a whole lot of time and just trade it in - you may get 3K for it.

sooty
19th January 2012, 07:56 PM
I sold mine with wheels etc left on, makes it stand out from the crowd and quicker to sell. Won't get you any more, but definitely quicker IMO

metry
20th January 2012, 01:05 PM
mate i just sold my auntys 2000 vectra sedan JS. the car was immaculate bar some scratches on the rear bumper.

this was the add ill be taking it down within a few days

http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-cars-For-sale-2000-Holden-Vectra-CD-sedan-LOW-KMS-LONG-REGO-W0QQAdIdZ331718356

the car sold for 4000. i had it advertised for 5500 initially and the only bites i was getting were people on oil rigs...

dropped the price to 5000 and she got a few more bites. end of the day she needed the car gone and sold it for 4000. she probably could of got more money for it if she waited a little longer i think. this was in sydney i dont know how the car market is like in melbourne.