PDA

View Full Version : im confused!?!

euro_stylin
11th February 2004, 12:04 PM
ok im a bit confused...does RIEGER make KAMEI or are they part of the same company or are they completely different?

sher.

Anonymous
11th February 2004, 12:06 PM
mmm good question!
Anyone else know the answer?

ultim8DTM5
11th February 2004, 03:23 PM
ok im a bit confused...does RIEGER make KAMEI or are they part of the same company or are they completely different?

sher.

Completely different.
Same look is no doubt copied and made by many companies, Kamei make parts for Japanese cars, Regier goes nowhere near nippon makes.

Hope that clears it up for you Sher.

Anonymous
11th February 2004, 03:34 PM
So why are there Kamei parts for Opels?

ultim8DTM5
11th February 2004, 03:37 PM
Because Kamei make parts for a lot of makes, whereas Reiger do not.
:roll:

I didn't say Kamei only make parts for Japanese cars did I? I said Reiger do not make anything for Japanese cars.!
Thought Sher cleared that up. Must be that Mexican seeping through again, grasshopper.

Anonymous
11th February 2004, 03:45 PM
Well sorry for the whori.. contribution.

M40COO
11th February 2004, 07:38 PM
Both Rieger and Kamei do styling kits/grills etc for most german makes.

Kamei have been producing bits for years, when I had my old Beetle, the styling goodies to have were Kamei front spoiler, and window grill !

Rieger and Lumma are the same company, difference being that Lumma parts are mainly made of fibreglass, the Rieger ABS plastic.

Hope that clears it all up ! :wink:

euro_stylin
12th February 2004, 08:54 AM
hmm oh ok i get it...but is Kamei the cheap and nasty version or are they both just as good?

M40COO
12th February 2004, 09:09 AM
Just as good !

The good thing about buying any german made part/accessory is that the government states that all parts must pass a TUV test.
Drivers who have parts addes to their cars must carry the TUV certificate for those parts in the vehicle !

I see the TUV certificate as a guarantee of quality. :D
But it also explains the prices :cry:

mr_astra_retired
12th February 2004, 09:16 AM
I have kamei eyelids on my astra F , they are good quality and i wouldnt say cheap and nasty , id buy them again 8)

euro_stylin
12th February 2004, 09:29 AM
oh good! :D
thanks

ultim8DTM5
12th February 2004, 01:43 PM
What are you hiding from us Sher?

euro_stylin
12th February 2004, 01:56 PM
hehehe wouldnt you like to know!!........ :wink:
im getting a kamei grill for my astra and i only want the best for my baby...so im just checking that kamei is all good!

ultim8DTM5
12th February 2004, 02:05 PM
Where from? I'd like to know if they had a Barina one...probably not, the XC has it integrated with the front bumper :(

BTW I'm going to get the front Opel badge now :D

euro_stylin
12th February 2004, 02:22 PM
for my birthday a few of my family members are bying it for me from TCCA...haha suckers, i would never pay 800% mark-up but they offered so im taking it. :D
how will the flash fit onto were the lion was on the front? isnt the black moulding behind the lion in the lion shape?

Anonymous
12th February 2004, 03:47 PM
If he does it like Frankie has, it'll look really nice!

ultim8DTM5
12th February 2004, 09:22 PM
for my birthday a few of my family members are bying it for me from TCCA...haha suckers, i would never pay 800% mark-up but they offered so im taking it. :D
how will the flash fit onto were the lion was on the front? isnt the black moulding behind the lion in the lion shape?

Yep doing it like Franky
http://users.bigpond.net.au/pfilmer/f9fOpel.JPG

Family members buying you mods? Are you single? Can I marry in? We can have little children in little bastardized Holden/Opels!

Anonymous
13th February 2004, 09:35 AM
Family members buying you mods? Are you single? Can I marry in? We can have little children in little bastardized Holden/Opels!

HEHEHEHE i hear wedding bells :D

But on a more serious note, doesn't your family realise how much they are paying for these items?

euro_stylin
13th February 2004, 10:05 AM
ok, this is the first and last mod they are ever going to buy me :(
like 7 of them are putting in for it...thats practically my whole family!
yey they know how much it is....they think the price is absolutely mental but i really really want it and its better to spend there money on something i actually want!....right? :)
yeh petey we never met but sure ill marry you...why not!? hehehehehe :wink: j/k
oh yeh and the opel flash will look real nice!!

ultim8DTM5
13th February 2004, 05:34 PM
Hahaha, at least your family have style.
I always get the "you always blow money on your car, yadda yadda..." but you are only young and stupid once right? Well, that combination once anyway :D