PDA

View Full Version : Hello from WA :)

NarnieeBish
19th December 2011, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone - I'm Sharnee!

Just got my first car a few weeks ago! A silver 2003 Holden Astra hatchback. Pretty happy with it and got a good price :woohoo1: Haven't got my licence yet unfortunately - but I'm getting there.. So far I have some new speakers, tweeters, speaker amp, 12inch sub set up aaaand a new deck ready to be put in. Yayy! :crazy:

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt121/SharneeBananiee/My%20Astra/PC300021.jpg

guy 27
19th December 2011, 09:06 PM
Welcome to OA

NarnieeBish
19th December 2011, 09:09 PM
Thankies :)

poita
19th December 2011, 09:13 PM
welcome to the forum champ :)

nice 4wd astra you have!

NarnieeBish
19th December 2011, 09:14 PM

Do you mean 4 door?

NarnieeBish
19th December 2011, 09:17 PM
That little dent in the door really shows up in this photo! Gr. It's annoying the crap outa me now. Might have to go get it fixed some time -_-

poita
19th December 2011, 09:20 PM
more referring to its ride height ;)

have always liked those wheels for some reason, but there was never any available when i got mine.

and yes that dint does stick out quite a bit in that photo, should be a simple fix from a dent doctor though

NarnieeBish
19th December 2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah should be easy to fix i reckon. Yeah the rims look okay from a distance... Who ever had the car before me obvs loved those curbs! - scratched to the Sh*t house! Would rather the height it sits at now.. Hate the thought of scraping them speed bumps etc.

New rims and that dent to be added to the $$$$ List.... Ughhh.

Dahlia
19th December 2011, 10:47 PM
Welcome!

kabel
20th December 2011, 12:11 AM
Welcome.
There is a small contingent Perth Opelites floating about.
Good luck getting your licence and stay safe when you do !

NarnieeBish
20th December 2011, 01:53 AM
Welcome.
There is a small contingent Perth Opelites floating about.
Good luck getting your licence and stay safe when you do !

Awesome :) mines got the opel badge on the front grille too. Havent seen any others around here with em yet.

And thanks for the welcomes guys :)

03srit
20th December 2011, 06:26 AM
Welcome!

boorny88
20th December 2011, 08:22 AM
Welcome what area are you from

Sent from the middle of butt f**k nowhere

Shay
20th December 2011, 09:27 AM
welcome!

maybe we should organise another skidpan day for when you have your license...

If you need any help at all with your car (even consult before servicing...) ask on the forum. Theres a fairly amazing knowledge base on this forum...

NarnieeBish
20th December 2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys. I'm from Rockingham. Yeah speaking of servicing, it does need one. Bf will be doing it sometime over Chrissy holidays :) its on 160thousnand k's at the moment. Whats everyone reckon about replacing anything? I'm not sure when the timing belt and other stuff will need to be done. Was going to do it anyway.

ChrisMaz
20th December 2011, 02:56 PM
Welcome to OA.

Congrats on the Purchase.

Basically buy your service parts from Autovaux.co.uk (Email them or phone them, they don't list half the items they stock on their website)

Hope to see you out on a cruise once you get your license, and you'll definitely have to come do a track day with us. You'll learn heaps!

NarnieeBish
20th December 2011, 04:53 PM
Awesome, thanks ChrisMaz :) I've emailed them.

Yeah when i get my license i'll deffo come for a run. Sounds good!

faneca
20th December 2011, 06:36 PM
Hate the thought of scraping them speed bumps

Nah needs more low, looks better and unless your doing ridiculous speeds everywhere your not going to scrape

Edit: depends on how low I might say

Other than that I like :)

NarnieeBish
20th December 2011, 07:21 PM
See how we go. Being a trainee its a bit hard to get the $$ together at the moment - but yeah I agree it would probs look better a bit lower. I want some black rims.. Or black and silver. One day...

faneca
20th December 2011, 07:52 PM
Yea that'd look really nice, iv done it with mine, lowering and black rims and I would recommend black rims on lighter colour cars but depends on what you like and can afford

NarnieeBish
20th December 2011, 08:59 PM
Yea that'd look really nice, iv done it with mine, lowering and black rims and I would recommend black rims on lighter colour cars but depends on what you like and can afford

Chyeah. Yours looks real nice!:cool:

NarnieeBish
21st December 2011, 03:23 PM
Anyone got ideas for cheap easy mods? Just want it to stand out a bit more. I mean there arnt any other astras around Rockingham with tail lights and the front opel grille but i want it to look more personalised. I'm usually into 4wds and not really sure about what else I can do to my astra other than expensive stuff... Needa get it serviced and that dent fixed then I'll look at the modshttp://www.opelaus.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.png

ChrisMaz
21st December 2011, 03:27 PM
Lower it.

Front splitter.

Exhaust.

Interior mods?

Have a hunt around the members section of the forum and see what mods take your fancy.

NarnieeBish
21st December 2011, 03:28 PM
Lol sorry but.. Whats a front splitter? :RollingEyes:

ChrisMaz
21st December 2011, 03:55 PM
Front bumper lip.

Something along the lines of this.

https://www.reich-tuning.de/shop/images/tt/opel/astra/body/jms271501.jpg

Not the best example.

NarnieeBish
21st December 2011, 04:00 PM
Ah yeah. I'm not sure if the front of mine is stock or not. will look later haha.

Bobarache
28th December 2011, 06:49 PM
Welcome to OA, nice to have another Perthy on !

Do you have the service history for the car ? I might be wrong but think timing belt is usually every 60K on the Astra's..... has been a few years since I had mine.
Also get your bf to checkout the brakes, disks wear quickly on them.

There is always plenty of advice available on here.

NarnieeBish
30th December 2011, 10:17 PM

Yeah I wasnt told any of the history on the car which sucks. Kinda hard to understand the guy I got it from.. We will be doing a full service soon anyway!

Just put a new sound system in the other day. Sounds goood. Currently looking for a new gear knob... Mine is some metal crap that gets REALLY freckin hot.. Any one know a good place to get a new one from?