PDA

View Full Version : Womble with British Broombroom in Brisbane

The 2nd Womble
18th December 2011, 09:49 PM
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,
After some wrangling with the Admin (thanks guys:yesnod:) I'm finally a member on here.
my wife and I have paid out our 2000 Astra G 5dr and only last week I decided to keep the car I've loathed for 4 years after finding a full leather interior in mint condition for $250!
Already installed the seats front and rear as well as the front door cards, and will get to the rears during the week.
Yesterday I managed to pick up the climate control system, 3 line trip computer and fascia to suit for $10!!! No I won't share my source until I've ripped the loom out:devil:
I'm looking forward to starting my build thread soon as it all gets color coded, smoothed and british-ised with big brake and full suspension upgrades through 2012. Hopefully I fall in love with this one like I did with my Astra F.
I hope to gain a heap of knowledge and spare parts (I'll need it) and share lots of stuff with all of you as time goes on.

guy 27
18th December 2011, 09:51 PM
Welcome to OA.

poita
18th December 2011, 09:53 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Glad the username and login got sorted ;)

Looking forward to your car thread

The 2nd Womble
18th December 2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks Guy and poita :)

PaulyJ
19th December 2011, 11:44 AM
Welcome mate, looking forward to this build thread!

Bazwell
19th December 2011, 04:19 PM
G'day mate. Wlecome to OA!
The build sounds interesting.

The 2nd Womble
19th December 2011, 08:34 PM
One little glimpse into the cars future: Landrover Freelander front 1/4 panel vents.
I had Anthricite Series 3 Discovery vents cut into the red Mk3 with Anthracite multispoke 17's and plain black Commodore VR Executive sideskirts as well as black FK angle eyes and it looked bloody good tbh.
BTW my avitar pic is of the oil/voltage guages from the centre console of a Calibra V6 which were cut into the dash and blended into the light switch panel. I'm not scared of nuthin'!:out:

poita
19th December 2011, 08:44 PM
thought i recognised the gauges, btw it wasnt only the v6 that got them ;)

faneca
19th December 2011, 08:59 PM
Sounds like you have a great project on your hands!!! I want leather seats soooo bad lol

The 2nd Womble
19th December 2011, 09:48 PM
Yes mate. I the FIL and I hadn't found the leather I'd be scouting for an Audi A6 about now and this wouldn't be happening

Mr & Mrs Vectra
22nd January 2012, 04:39 PM
Welcome Womble, I too am looking forward to the build, especially the trip computer.

Do any of you Astra deviants know how similiar the G trip comp. is to that in the Vec B's?