PDA

View Full Version : ZC Vectra Price...

uzz32
21st November 2004, 01:03 PM
Good day fellas,

I have been shopping for a new Vectra CD 2.2L automatic in hatch form. Holden dealers keep on quoting me around $35K driveaway and i know that this price is RRP. I have seen some advertisements that state the Vectra can be had for $29,990 excluding ORC's and the auto transmission. How much do you think is a fair price to pay for this vehicle?

THanks for all your help!

Alfonzo
21st November 2004, 02:14 PM
http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/Holden/Holden-Vectra-CD-2-2-Hatchback.cfm

That's advertised at $29990 ex. ORC.

Shazza
21st November 2004, 02:18 PM
I suggest haggling as much as u can, and not paying the ORC.
Why pay for delivery and a car wash?

RK
21st November 2004, 03:22 PM
I'm with Shazza.. in most cases you can get away with only paying RRP. Albiet a few hundred more.

uzz32
22nd November 2004, 05:44 PM
Thankyou for the replies!

I have heard that the Vectra is not really in high demand, being dominated by the Mazda 6, Accord Euro and Liberty in the sales stakes. For this reason alone, i think Holden would be pretty soft when it comes to negotiating. I have already test driven the Mazda 6 and i really like it. I have driven the Vectra CD 2.2L auto and love the thing as well. All it comes down to now is pricing. Ideally i am hoping to get it around the $30K mark since its almost the end of the year, and the car is definately going to be 2004 stock if i do take delivery of it before the end of the month. This means that resale would be inferior to 2005 stock, and also be regarded as an old model.

Can anyone recommend a good dealer in the Western Sydney area? I am near Parramatta/Toongabbie....

Thanks!

1OPL2C
22nd November 2004, 05:51 PM
heartland holden in parramatta is good...

rjastra
22nd November 2004, 06:37 PM
In all honesty you would probably be better off getting a Mazda6.
Better engine, handling and you get curtain airbags.

I think you will find the cheap Vectra deals are for the rather ugly CD Sedan.

RK
22nd November 2004, 06:40 PM
Suttons Homebush is my reccomendation. They gave me RRP for my car.

Mazda 6 is a great car too. If youre only after a 4cyl, then yeah, I'd probably go with Mazda 6 too.

ultim8DTM5
22nd November 2004, 06:43 PM
Try McGraths in Liverpool, their service is excellent and they have Mazda a few blocks away 8)

uzz32
22nd November 2004, 07:59 PM
Good day fellas,

Once again, thanks for all your replies!
I can't believe how many of you Opel enthusiasts recommend the Mazda 6! Talk about being very fair and objective! Usually on enthusiast forums, members would defend their brand and denounce other brands, even if the other brand is better. Good on you guys!

I really like the Mazda 6, but i doubt that Mazda can do really good deals on it, due to high demand. Apparently there is a waiting list for the Mazda 6 which makes bargaining near impossible. THe same cannot be said for the Vectra, in which Holden had to cut the price. DO you guys think the hatchback would be discounted very heavily?

Thankyou for your help! I really do appreciate it!