PDA

View Full Version : Well gutted :( :(

NUTTTR
21st November 2004, 12:14 AM
So i'm helping the Fiancee's family move up the street (into a rented house, knocking down/rebuilding existing one :)) and her dad reverses the ute straight into the back of my car :( :( I almost cried... :( It's sad but i love the car so much and he broke my irmscher rear light!!! :(
At least they said they'd pay for it all... so i'm going to (shock) buy from carshine if they can get them in as it's easiest... The bumper is a LITTLE damaged, but i think i'll get them to fix that too (from the acco) so it needs the bumper painted and whole side panel (3 door so it's a BIG panel!) and some panel beating as the light doesn't sit right and the paints cracked :( I'm just so blegh about it... it's sad, but the car lives i guess :(
http://nutter.caraudioaustralia.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=21
Pics :)
Aaron

YuSuF
21st November 2004, 12:19 AM
Uhhh not pretty..

Hope its all fixed soon.

Greg K
21st November 2004, 12:22 AM
i feel for ya matey!
you cant really do anything!
as long as he appologised for it and is going to pay for the damage,
it will all get fixed in the end!
Greg K

Mr Cali
21st November 2004, 12:49 AM
Ouch!!! Hate to say this mate, but it's worse then it looks. It right on the corner so it's going to be very hard to beat it out. They will probably just use body filler to cover it up.

NUTTTR
21st November 2004, 01:06 AM
Yup, it's folded the edge of the metal, they can't filler it as it's bent out and the light wouldn't line up if it tried....... Gonna try a mate's panel beaters as they do EXCELLENT work and i'd never be able to tell his car has been hit 4 or 5 times, everything is PERFECT every time, but he's not cheap... I've checked, there is a 3x5cm hole (or so) through to that area a bit further up in the panel, let me just say i don't know how the hell they can get to it through that hole alone, but they'll have to... I wouldn't accept body filler fixes i'd tell them to do it again :)
I'm dissapointed in it's location for those exact reasons, and also it's on a weld too... Hopefully they can do it without taking welds off, etc... i know that i have no idea how they'd do it... lol it's not a nice spot!
Now looking for rear taillights and wondering if i should import some hella led ones or just buy irmscher here....... nfi really

Mr Cali
21st November 2004, 01:14 AM
They should be able to get behid it from rear wheel arches after taking the inner guard off. They will beat it but it's going to be impossible to get it straight without some sort of filler.

As for ur rear light, it sounds like your leaning towards the Hella, so all I'll say is do it. Don't think anyone has them in Aust yet so you'll be an individual.

NUTTTR
21st November 2004, 01:20 AM
2 people in aus have them :(
But nah, you can't get in there from behind, the fuel filler is there and it's all welded together!! There's no access to that point from behind...... only from inside, which means removing the stereo, etc as well :( I honestly don't know how they can do it, but they'd have to do it properly :D lol There's no "inner guard" as such because it's all metal there
Aaron

Anonymous
21st November 2004, 01:23 AM
i'll take the left light off your hands incase i need a spare ;)

ultim8DTM5
21st November 2004, 09:15 AM
Its the worst seeing your baby reversed into at close-range. My neighbour up north did the same to my car with 700kms on it, I was working on the boat at the slipway and saw him "beep beep beep beep" *KERCLUNK*

Oh well these things happen, you can't be angry because they aren't total strangers. I just shrugged my shoulders and went back to anti-fouling :|

ultim8DTM5
21st November 2004, 09:15 AM
i'll take the left light off your hands incase i need a spare ;)

...the vulture circles

Anonymous
21st November 2004, 09:18 AM
meeeee?.....nooooooo :oops:

Anonymous
21st November 2004, 09:18 AM
hehehe bah why let it go to waste :) sad to hear this happen nutttr cant be to happy, but if he is gonna pay then i guess thats the best that couldve come out of it, lol he mustve felt terrible :S ah well all the best hope it doesnt take to long to get your baby up and in the same condition again

EGG80X
21st November 2004, 09:44 AM
hey nutter who is going to pay for the repairs?

Tom76
21st November 2004, 10:41 AM
Until now i thought you guys down there all have huge yellow-red signs stating "Warning! Watch out very small car parked right here!", so that such cases don't happen in the first place?

:shock: :oops: :wink:

NUTTTR
21st November 2004, 10:59 AM
Fiancee's parents will be paying for it, so that's ok.......
No, no yellow flashing signs :P
However, samvac, it will go to waste.. :) I am either getting another set and keeping it as a spare, or i'll sell it to you for the excellent price of $300 which will allow you to keep a spare... it works on the left or right side (note, on the right side the light will be upside down and look retarded).... However i think this is an excellent price! :P

Seriously tho, still dissapointed, i know he didn't mean to do it, and it's done now, it's just going to be a very hard spot to fix :(

NUTTTR
21st November 2004, 11:00 AM
Funny thing was, i was standing there watching him do it and i thought, hmmm, should i move it, then i went, ooooo, he's close, just when i was about to yell out, crunch :( it all happend in slow mo :(

ultim8DTM5
21st November 2004, 01:21 PM
Yeh if he's a decent sort of bloke he will be filthy on himself for doing it, so no point getting upset just one of those things.

woody
21st November 2004, 03:16 PM
Man that blows... hope your mates panel beater friend can sort it for you.

NUTTTR
21st November 2004, 04:03 PM
Next question:

What new lights to get? Stick with Irmscher from carshine (overpriced and expensive) or buy pretty much any other type of rear light from o/s and import for cheaper?
I was looking at the hella's and carshine has some german brand... never was overly impressed with the irmscher build quality...... any ideas?

gaero
21st November 2004, 09:59 PM
The Irmmy taillight brethren feels ur pain,

Is there a choice of replacements ???
but then again each to their own and a change is always good 8)

NUTTTR
21st November 2004, 10:28 PM
Choice? well so far i'm looking at the hella led ones.... not sure, they have to be painted and if i import those that's cheaper than getting irmscher from carshine! however, not sure if i like the style

nicecar
21st November 2004, 11:38 PM
must have brought tears to your eyes :(

NUTTTR
21st November 2004, 11:41 PM
must have brought tears to your eyes :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

SmellyTofu
22nd November 2004, 12:27 PM
never was overly impressed with the irmscher build quality

That's an oxymoron after the grief I had with them... sorry to hear about it.. at least it kept out the water but not the back of a ute.

Jass
22nd November 2004, 01:13 PM
Aaron you will find that the small scratches or dents dont cost that much to repair the paint is what kills you. I am getting a dent that was done by a shopping trolley, the dent is 120 bucks to fix, the paint is nearlly 650 bucks!! Cause they have to match the whole paint and the panel needs to be resprayed! :bang:

ultim8DTM5
22nd November 2004, 06:35 PM
$650 for paint? Faaaaaaaaaaaaark :shock:

NUTTTR
22nd November 2004, 09:23 PM
Got the quote today $1100!!! Glad i'm not paying, that fixes the bumper too, then there's the lights to contend with......
Like smelly said, the quality of the irmscher is pretty bad....... what does everyone think of the MHW ones carshine sells?