PDA

View Full Version : Trolling?

opelnz
20th November 2011, 07:06 PM
Erm, what exactly is trolling? I've never heard of the term, and would hate to fall foul of the rules without knowing.

Crossposting is not allowed from where to where? Just wanted to be sure I can copy across info that is useful to members that I find elsewhere.

poita
20th November 2011, 07:09 PM
Generally cross posting isn't too much of an issue, it's just a matter of posting things that are relevant

And as for trolling

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted".
While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, mass media uses troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]

opelnz
21st November 2011, 11:50 AM
Learn something new everyday! Thanks.

I've also learnt that "a sick ride" is apparently a positive comment or compliment!

I'm starting to feel old ..... :(

kabel
22nd November 2011, 03:36 PM
+1.....I thought a Troll lived under a bridge !

dutchy
22nd November 2011, 05:02 PM
+2..... I thought a wife is called a Troll !