PDA

View Full Version : Alright... which one of you Mexicans was it? :)

btm
16th November 2011, 01:39 PM
Barina leads police on 130km chase

November 16, 2011 - 12:52PM

A man in a small car has led police on 130-kilometre chase in Victoria's north-east before slamming into a pole and fleeing the scene.

Police said they first saw the driver of the silver Holden Barina travelling south from Winton on the Hume Freeway just after midnight.

The vehicle may have been involved in a petrol theft in the border town of Wodonga earlier in the night, police say.

As officers attempted to intercept the vehicle, it took off and continued along the Hume Freeway where stop sticks - which are placed to deflate tyres - failed to stop the car.

Police continued to pursue the car, reaching speeds of 160km/h before stopping the chase at Clonbinane due to wet weather.

Just after 7am, police were called to a collision on Plenty Road near the Metropolitan Ring Road at Bundoora.

Police said a silver Barina struck a pole and the driver had fled the scene. A search of the area failed to find the man.

A police spokeswoman said they believe the car was not stolen.

Police are asking for any witnesses of the chase or accident to contact crime stoppers on 1800 333 000 or www.crimestoppers.com.au.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/barina-leads-police-on-130km-chase-20111116-1ni8o.html#ixzz1dped3Ad0

gmonkey
16th November 2011, 01:46 PM
no pics :(

guy 27
16th November 2011, 01:47 PM
How did a barina outrun the cops? :lol:

Edit: on a long straight hwy.

Dahlia
16th November 2011, 01:57 PM
crazy, he got away.

hazrd
16th November 2011, 01:58 PM
How did a barina outrun the cops? :lol:

easy, albury/wodonga cops use 4cyl camrys on gas :lol:

guy 27
16th November 2011, 01:58 PM
easy, albury/wodonga use 4cyl camrys on gas :lol:

I got pulled up by an Ss a few weeks back up there.

gmonkey
16th November 2011, 01:59 PM
bet was korean one not opel but :p

faneca
16th November 2011, 02:08 PM
Lol the whole time I was reading that I was picturing Adams (Adam_92) corsa gsi hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

hazrd
16th November 2011, 03:04 PM
I got pulled up by an Ss a few weeks back up there.

There's a couple

poita
16th November 2011, 03:34 PM
Mr Corsa got bored :lol:

Wraith
17th November 2011, 12:56 PM
Hate to be nasty, but whoever it was he should be locked up or punished good and proper.

It's dickheads like that who cause the uneccessary accidents we're seeing and reading about all the time !

Luckily no innocent parties were involved and/or hurt with this f#*#sticks behaviour !

metry
17th November 2011, 08:40 PM
Hate to be nasty, but whoever it was he should be locked up or punished good and proper.

It's dickheads like that who cause the uneccessary accidents we're seeing and reading about all the time !

Luckily no innocent parties were involved and/or hurt with this f#*#sticks behaviour !

i agree. but it is pretty funny a barina out ran the cops

Dahlia
17th November 2011, 09:22 PM
very embarrassing for the cops tbh

nick_sixx
18th November 2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZMH4TJI6EI

Wraith
18th November 2011, 12:54 PM

I'm pretty sure that there's a strict protocol for cops to follow when in pursuit of another vehicle...

AFAIK the idea is to bring them to a 'safe' stop even if it takes a long time to do so, rather than just running them down ASAP and causing callateral harm/damage to themselves or other members of the public or property...

There have been cases of chases being called off by the cops because the scenario became too dangerous.

The dickhead in the Barina would obviously have been doing the total opposite with total disregard.

benzino
19th November 2011, 10:09 PM
yeah I think it's more embarrassing for the cops when they total their own cars in pursuits, they'd rather just hang back and let the dickhead total themselves

Dahlia
20th November 2011, 11:29 AM
Thats very true.