PDA

View Full Version : SRi gauges

mugwump
20th November 2004, 06:34 PM
hey guys

a noobie here... whilst i don't own an astra, i'm thinking seriously about an SRi... only thing is, i'm really not a fan of the white gauges... it makes the car look cheap. i much prefer the black ones in the 1.8 models, or the classy white ones with the chrome rings in the turbo. do you know if its possible to change the gauges and how much would it cost?

Anonymous
20th November 2004, 06:39 PM
prolly cost you about $100 mate there are plenty of gauges on ebay but if you were to install them yourself would cost alot less, i think there is just a face you can buy to put over the white ones on your sri :)

woody
20th November 2004, 06:39 PM
The Sri has white dials with Chrome rings the same as in the SRi-T

Well at least mine does.

frankie9fingers
20th November 2004, 08:14 PM
on the corsa SRi, the white dials actually come off. so you can replace them with whatever. Ebay even has graphic dials

Mr Cali
20th November 2004, 11:23 PM
I'm sure one of the 1.8 guys would be happy to change their dash over with the SRI, if not I have a friend that would.

NUTTTR
21st November 2004, 12:11 AM
They look excellent with blue led's..... to be honest, they are quite nice, the interior at night is very dark in the astra's and the sri guages add a bit of light and allow you not to be SO blinded by oncoming traffic!

Anonymous
21st November 2004, 01:21 AM
I'm sure one of the 1.8 guys would be happy to change their dash over with the SRI, if not I have a friend that would.

spot on ;) i have 1.8 black ones in my boot if u want to swap ;)

Degen-Astra
21st November 2004, 03:48 AM
Do the 1.8's and 2.2's have the same speedo layout though?

I thought the speedo on the 2.2 had a higher top speed on it. Anyone?

If you buy an SRi 2nd hand from a Holden dealer ask them to change it over.

R3N
21st November 2004, 04:53 AM
i'd imagine higher top speed and higher redline as well?

shaohaok
22nd November 2004, 01:42 PM
turbos have a matt alloy ring.

the earlier NA SRi models have no rings and the typeface is different. different upholstery as well.
'02 models have a different typeface and chrome-rings.

Nem
22nd November 2004, 03:05 PM
Are the matt turbo dial rings sold as a separate item from holden? I wouldnt mind getting a set for my 2.2.

shaohaok
22nd November 2004, 04:59 PM
not sure but i doubt it. i'm quite sure it comes with the speedo itself

woody
23rd November 2004, 10:25 AM
Hey mugwump.. where you at?

Theres an 03 (i think) Astra SRI 2.2 for sale down my way (Syd, lower north shore) in immaculate condition, Blue (same as GOZOFF) for 19,990. Private sale still has 2 years factory warranty. let me know if you want details.

mugwump
23rd November 2004, 08:26 PM
hey thanks for all the advice and tips guys... maybe the my02 model with the chrome-rimmed dials is the way to go then. i shall have a look around...

woody i'm in melb... but there seems to be lots of astras here so getting a good one shouldn't be a prob.