PDA

View Full Version : head unit???

Anonymous
20th November 2004, 06:28 PM
omg i am going crazy here because i cant get my head unit out to get behind the console..... anyone know how to get it out? i undid the little alan key screws and i cannot figure out how to get it out!!! thanks guys

Mitch
20th November 2004, 06:42 PM
Pay someone to do it for you cos i ain't telling you. :P

Do a search, i've answered this question before many times.

Anonymous
20th November 2004, 06:43 PM
cheers mitch! :D i will go for a search now can you gimmie a tip on what section? ;)

Mitch
20th November 2004, 06:45 PM
Only cos i'm nice... http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=3603

Anonymous
20th November 2004, 06:51 PM
man life saver, you coming on the 28th cruise? hehe i will glady thank you in person :)

ultim8DTM5
20th November 2004, 06:52 PM
So blown any fuses yet?

Anonymous
20th November 2004, 06:55 PM
haha pete you got esp? was just about to post that i did, i wont need a new head unit will i? :?

ultim8DTM5
20th November 2004, 07:00 PM
LOL were you using aftermarket ones? You probably touched the wires in the back together in the harness.

Depends on which fuse blew, if its the aftermarket headunit generally theres a fuse in the back of it, a 10a jobbie. Chances are you've blown one in the main fusebox. Let me guess, its a Pioneer?

Anonymous
20th November 2004, 07:21 PM
its my stock head unit :( i havnt even taken it out yet!!! gonna go try now, hope this works lol

Mitch
20th November 2004, 07:35 PM
man life saver, you coming on the 28th cruise? hehe i will glady thank you in person :)

Nah i won't be there, i think i gotta work.

Anonymous
20th November 2004, 07:48 PM
congratulations you have now taken off the face of your stock head unit???

ummmmmm ok i snapped the sides of the head unit and now the face is sitting in my passenger seat :oops: :cry: :roll: ummmmmmmm any ideas? btw i tred pulling the head unit out with some pliaes but it just wont come out.... :? help me!!!!

EAK33Y
20th November 2004, 09:10 PM
Im so glad i paid $66 to get JB to pull it out

mcintyre
20th November 2004, 09:33 PM
Removing the standard headunit is easy, if you have the right tools. Allen key and a pair of extraction keys.

Remove the rubber bungs in the holes

Remove the tiny allen screws

Insert extraction keys until they click

Push extraction keys away from each other whilst pulling them towards you and the unit will come out with them.

ultim8DTM5
20th November 2004, 10:05 PM
<b>congratulations you have now taken off the face of your stock head unit???</b>

ummmmmm ok i snapped the sides of the head unit and now the face is sitting in my passenger seat :oops: :cry: :roll: ummmmmmmm any ideas? btw i tred pulling the head unit out with some pliaes but it just wont come out.... :? help me!!!!

Oh shit, don't burn down your car!

Anonymous
20th November 2004, 11:04 PM
haha nah its cool guys i cooled down abit and almost got the head unit out :P will have it out by the morning ah well lol thanks for the help guys

Mr Cali
20th November 2004, 11:20 PM
If you dont have the "extraction key u can make one very easily.

you should see 2 holes on each side of your head unit. go get urself a wire coat hanger and cut a piece about 15cm long. bend the ends to make a U shape, making sure that it's the same width as the holes. You will need to make 2 of these, one for each side. Once you insert the U shaped wire you will hear a click, you can now pull it straight out.

NUTTTR
21st November 2004, 12:09 AM
If you dont have the "extraction key u can make one very easily.

you should see 2 holes on each side of your head unit. go get urself a wire coat hanger and cut a piece about 15cm long. bend the ends to make a U shape, making sure that it's the same width as the holes. You will need to make 2 of these, one for each side. Once you insert the U shaped wire you will hear a click, you can now pull it straight out.

Spot on! Without this, you won't get it out!

Anonymous
21st November 2004, 09:10 AM
noob noob noob i am!! ok i will go do this thanks again guys i owe you alll.... i should do be banned for the ice section for this display of sound noobness........... cant even take out my stock head unit.... :roll: :roll: ah well