PDA

View Full Version : What colour eyelids?

Pharkus
18th November 2004, 10:30 AM
Just got my eyelids from CAL

I've got a Silver Astra Sri and wondering what colour. Silver or gun metal grey?

And is this the order to prepare them?

1. Sand down.
2. Prime
3. 1st coat of paint
4. 2nd coat
5. Gloss coat
6. Polish up
7. Stick them on
8. Take pic and stand back to admire job

YuSuF
18th November 2004, 10:41 AM
Stick to the body colour.

Greg K
18th November 2004, 10:56 AM
body colour!

Pharkus
18th November 2004, 10:57 AM
How hard is it to match up the body colour and can Holden get me a can of touch up paint. And in applying it do I need to bake it?

Who would have thought it would be so complex

RK
18th November 2004, 11:02 AM
Bodycolor! :D

And it sticks fine with standard household silicon.

Pharkus
18th November 2004, 11:09 AM
Seems the general consensus is body colour.

Okay thanks for the feedback. Need to head down to holden to grab some paint and try to fix them on this weekend

OPC
18th November 2004, 11:29 AM
u dont need to go to holden for paint only need to go to holden to find out the color then any spray painter can do it for ya..

CAL.16V
18th November 2004, 01:16 PM
geez...that was a quick delivery...... :)

u can go down to a auto paint place too...

remember after priming, give it a bit of a ssanding before spraying body colour..

Mitch
18th November 2004, 01:22 PM
I'd paint them silver.

Pharkus
18th November 2004, 01:55 PM
I've just organised for someone to quote me for painting them. He does the touching up at Doncaster Holden. Said he's be using 2 pack paint and a gloss coat and the finish is like that on the bumper. I'll let you know of how much it'll cost and the finished job once they're done.

Also CAL. Is it supposed to have that bit cut away at the top on both sides? Haven't had a chance to take them down to the car for a mock fit yet.

CAL.16V
18th November 2004, 04:17 PM
pharkus....yeah i think it is supposed to have that bit cut away as i went and had a look at the spare one and its the same aswell....

i have sent out 5 sets allready now and everyone said they were fine so they should be fine....

that bit goes under the bonnet so u cant see it anyway and its probably there because of a bump or something sticking out from the headlight or something...

pm..
astranomical or sentinell as i sent them a set a few days ago that were the same as yours if ur not sure still

Tom76
18th November 2004, 04:21 PM
Sorry for hijacking this post, but does anybody know if there's a minimum temperature when processing silicone?

R3N
18th November 2004, 06:44 PM
Pharkus, would be interested to know how much it cost to get your sprayed...