PDA

View Full Version : have you seen the new astra H commercial?

wishbone
18th November 2004, 07:36 AM
i saw the astra H commercial last night.. and i was pretty surprised.. didn't expect it...
umm.. its ok? its not what i would do? i don't know?
but i just put this post up to see what the rest of you think!

Nem
18th November 2004, 10:09 AM
Did I like the commercial or the Astra?

Commercial = queer
Astra = Large Renault Megane with the bum cut off it

Alfonzo
18th November 2004, 10:22 AM
It's pointless. It shows the car, but it could've been done better.

The flip-key thing looks swish though.

OPC
18th November 2004, 11:32 AM
didnt like it one bit not even the key...

YuSuF
18th November 2004, 11:44 AM
my thought :P

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/viewtopic.php?t=3825&highlight=

andrew
18th November 2004, 11:55 AM
But it does not show how under powered it is, but i like the key and i am going to get one for my car. :lol: :|

imay
18th November 2004, 12:22 PM
But it does not show how under powered it is,

But it DOES show how underpowered it is. A moped, carrying two people, can keep up with it (or it can't get away from them, depending on how you want to look at it)!

How embarrassing!

NUTTTR
18th November 2004, 10:08 PM
It's not THAT bad for power.... it's not the slowest on the road that's for sure....... 1.8L high diff ratio.... bit heavier, but eh, a/c on driving in traffic it's a LOT nicer than my 2.2 SRi, it's harder to drive the SRi in traffic with a/c on in my books!
Oh, yeah and the add's suck, but i love the keys :)

Degen-Astra
18th November 2004, 11:03 PM
Dont like the ad. Love the colour of the car though!

But its directed at the target market most definately. Young, professional with chic style urban/city dwellers.

Obviously not directed towards people who are going to pop, chop and drop them.

Vectracious
19th November 2004, 08:53 AM
But it DOES show how underpowered it is. A moped, carrying two people, can keep up with it (or it can't get away from them, depending on how you want to look at it)!

How embarrassing!

Having driven a H hard (and an auto too!!) I wouldn't say its underpowered, and the moped being smaller can probably lane split through traffic whereas the Astra is stuck in it, and that's why it can keep up :P

imay
19th November 2004, 02:55 PM
I'm not going to get into another argument about the Astra H's performance potential.
I was merely suggesting that other car brand fans may see it that way.
I already drive a 1.8 Astra, and it has plenty of power for what I want. However, people seem to be hell bent on getting from A to B quicker than anyone else these days, so therefore need heaps and heaps of grunt to do it.
I have yet to drive the new model, however I am still disappointed that Holden hasn't given us a choice of powerplants like VW has this time around.

Anonymous
19th November 2004, 03:35 PM
hahaha, the ad will probably bump up vespa sales as opposed to astra sales.

If they want to compete with the chic clicke, they shouldn't have put a scooter in there! :lol:

ultim8DTM5
19th November 2004, 05:00 PM
hahaha, the ad will probably bump up vespa sales as opposed to astra sales.

If they want to compete with the chic clicke, they shouldn't have put a scooter in there! :lol:

Chic clique maybe Don...ads suck that is all.

Vectracious
19th November 2004, 05:18 PM
I wasn't having a go at you imay. :D

Holden did the same thing when they released the Astra G - you could only get it with teh 1.8 at the start, and eventually we got the 2.2 and 2.0T - you could assume that Holden will do the same thing with the H.

sijay
24th November 2004, 10:08 PM
GRRRRR.... I HATE THAT AD!!

Got home tonight and some #@+% has stuck an ASTRALAVISTA baby sticker across one of the lights in our complex! You ever get the feeling everyone is laughing at you? Nice one Holden marketing... I had a tuff SRiT, now I have a hairdressers car again!

Worst ad ever!

frankie9fingers
25th November 2004, 05:21 PM
Why couldn't they just let the "asta la vista" phrase go. It was sooo close to being dead then these marketing idiots had to bring it back! It's just soooo 90's.

Namus
26th November 2004, 09:19 PM
ad was ****

wishbone
26th November 2004, 11:20 PM
yeh it is so 90's
but still one of the biggest catch phrases ever
i don't want that to be the centre of my car's attention.. its too corny?
i dunno

RapidSRi
28th November 2004, 05:49 PM
Corny, but prob catchy enough to work. I think it's not so bad- if you compare it to Beep beep Barina (the car that's got gogogo) Fortunately this has not reared it's ugly head again.. yet