PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4S & iOS 5

nick_sixx
16th October 2011, 03:23 AM
I was pretty disappointed when the 4S was released after following iPhone news on nearly a daily basis since May/June. However, seeing as I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 bought outright, I was able to get the iPhone on the same plan for only $8 a month extra, so of course I had to have it - if it had been any more expensive I don't think I would've bothered. However, really loving it so far - I didn't think the iPhone 4 was a huge improvement over the 3GS (I previously had a 3GS), but the 4S is miles ahead of it.

At the moment, Siri is pretty useful for straightforward things like messaging, setting alarms, and reminders is actually way more useful than I thought it would be. However, my SGS2 has a voice function where I could say something like "tell my friends I'm in melbourne this weekend" and it would update my Facebook/twitter accordingly. I hope Siri can do similar stuff with new software releases.

Would like to hear other people's opinions

nigelh
16th October 2011, 04:38 PM
I have one I like it but I can't download itunes 10.5 onto my mac for some reason so cant transfer all the contacts ect which really pisses me off but at least I can use it without connecting it to the mac first which you couldn't do with the old ones (I think) . If I had a iphone 4 I wouldn't bother with the S but coming from a 3gs Its a big step forward. I like the camera and its handy at work to be able to take a photo without having to unlock the phone.