PDA

View Full Version : New Member, 1996 Combo Work/Daily Driver

brappinseven
1st October 2011, 12:47 PM
Hi Guys,

thought i'd say g'day.

Im a mobile car detailer in Adelaide, n had been searching for a reliable and cheap to run van, and along came this Combo van at a decent price.

so i rolled away with a 1996 Combo van, she needs abit of work, theres some rust in the canopy (which happens to be blue) while the van is white.

Previous owner has put heavy duty springs in it with 1 1/2" blocks in the ass end to jack it up abit.

So i decided the wheels needed to be changed, took some 14" alloys off my Mazda Familia (defected) and threw them on the combo, changed the entire look of it already.

things i need to replace.

Antenna is broken
Carpet in cabin is torn
Door trims are past their used by date
Gear boot and handbrake boot are past their used by date.

Fitted a new JVC head unit with Alpine Type S Splits n Tweeters (fitted into the factory Tweeter spot) along with a 12" Sub and JVC 400w RMS mono Block, Sounds pretty dope :D

Now as i said, im a mobile car detailer, so my next job is to clean up the paint work, generally its in good condition, just needs a good polish up, some fancy sign writing n dropped an inch n half all way around would be good.

But she lacks in the power department, coming from an awd turbo car to a Combo van is like, a snail against a frog.

Me and my housemate are, what you could call, Amateur Mechanics, theres nothing we cant do. so im on the hunt for a nice new power plant for the combo, 1.8 Sri motor would be a nice addition, pu;; it down, repack it with forged rods, pistons, cam regrind with a custom turbo manifold and a T25/28 turbo.

I contacted a company in NSW recently who do bodykits for Corsa B's but when i was told how much the kit is that i want for it, close to 3g's just for the front bar and sideskirts :O

The idea is to make my work van with my company plastered all over it stand out.

Heres a pic of my combo and my mazda familia i spoke of :)

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8404/img0227hi.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img71/6457/25392210150194294642261.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6457/25392210150194294642261.jpg

Well thats my introduction,

Regards,

Adam
Southern Cross Detailing

faneca
1st October 2011, 01:29 PM
Nice to see another sa member come along haha,Looks like a nice pick up u have there

The familia wouldn't be defected for being too low now would it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guy 27
1st October 2011, 01:31 PM
welcome to OA

brappinseven
1st October 2011, 01:33 PM
Nice to see another sa member come along haha,Looks like a nice pick up u have there

The familia wouldn't be defected for being too low now would it haha

Nah mate, too loud, blew 100db at 4,000rpm. 10db over the limit :O ;) but yes its a tad low too but in reality he didnt care cos it was going to regency anyway :(

faneca
1st October 2011, 01:41 PM
Ahk fair enough then, don't see too many of them around

metry
2nd October 2011, 10:54 PM
welcome to oa mate

Dahlia
3rd October 2011, 09:02 AM
Welcome to oa. And wow that cars low, I bet you used to take grass with you everywhere lol